Target year to expect the Carnegie Classification to be awarded.
Achieve Public Affairs goals related to Community Engagement.
III. Collaborative Culture: Working Together towards a
Cal State L.A. will:
• Enhance the culture of working collaboratively with shared values among all
constituents of the University including faculty, staff, students, administrative
personnel, alumni, families, friends, and other stakeholders.
• Promote the values of open communication, transparency, synergy through
cooperation, and appropriate recognition of contributions and achievements.
• Encourage collaboration across departments, programs, areas, and colleges in
order to diminish various silos of interest and encourage a culture that focuses on
a commitment to the entire institution.
• Support an environment that promotes trust, respect for differences of opinion,
and advances institutional excellence, innovation, and integration across the
• Invest in and nurture campus human capital.
(Two-year and Five-year objectives)
In order to measure progress towards this strategic initiative, the campus will monitor and
track the following metrics, with appropriate targets, as follows:
• Campus Climate. Creation of a culture of collaboration will require changes in attitude,
beliefs, and habits. To monitor these changes over time, a survey of campus climate will
be undertaken, with a focus on the measurement of levels of collaboration, transparency,
and shared values.
Two years: In consultation with each division, design and administer a campus
climate survey to establish a baseline.
Five years: Re-administer the survey with significant positive changes expected
on key dimensions.