Skip to the content
return to Cal State L.A.
Link to Housing Home Page


This page may contain links to Adobe PDF documents.
Get Adobe Reader

Prospective Resident Info
Font Size: [+] | [-]

New Residents - How to Sign-up

English Language Program (ELP) & Study in L.A. Students! Click Here for signup information related specifically to you.

The Student Housing License Agreement is your contract for housing and meal plan, and it is in effect for a specific occupancy period.

Housing License Agreement Occupancy Periods (Terms)

Summer 2015 and 2015-2016 Academic Year Information

Please read the following information before applying to live on campus.

Spaces are limited and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. (GEA spaces are offered according to class level: Grad, Senior, Junior.)

Please visit the Payment Schedule webpage for rates and other financial information.

***All communication is made by emails sent to your Cal State L.A. email account. <<Click here for instructions on how to check your email>> Don’t forget to add to your contact list, email safe list.

Steps To Apply for Housing

The Housing License Agreement is available online on the Housing Student Portal.
To be able to log on to the Housing Portal using your "myCSULA" username and password, you MUST:

  • Be an admitted student to Cal State L.A.
  • Have paid your  Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) for admission to the university- FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS ONLY (takes approximately one week for access to be granted after ECD payment)
  • Have activated your "myCSULA" Identity (this information was given to you at the time you applied to Cal State L.A.). Need assistance with activating your "myCSULA" Identity? Go to:

Before you log on to the Housing Portal to complete the Student Housing License Agreement online, you MUST review the following documents to live on campus.

Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for living on campus. Submitting the online contract is an electronic agreement to these terms and conditions.

If you are under eighteen (18), a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. A link to the “Under the Age of 18 and Consent to Medical Treatment” form is provided as part of the online License Agreement.

Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.

Please take a few minutes to review your options of room type, meal plan, and payment plan in order to be ready to answer these questions when completing your Housing License Agreement. 

  • You will also be required to make an online payment of $ 140.00 ($40 application fee and $ 100.00 security deposit) using a credit card or echeck.

Log on to the Housing Portal using you "myCSULA" username and password and select the License Agreement according to the timeframe you wish to live on-campus.

  • The system will walk you through the system.
  • One of the last steps is to make your $ 140 initial payment.  You will be redirected to CashNet, the vendor the University uses for the collection of payment. Enter the credit card or echeck information and then return to the Housing Student Portal.
  • Complete the License Agreement.  You will see on the Housing Student Portal homepage a link confirming that your License Agreement has been submitted.

Your application will be considered COMPLETE once all of the following items are received:

  • Tuberculosis Verification Form – The Cal State LA Housing complex is a multiple occupancy facility with shared living spaces. The university requires that all residents provide proof or a negative tuberculosis test or chest x-ray in addition to the Tuberculosis Form.
  • Meningococcal Disease Form - This form provides information about the disease and must be filled out and returned whether or not you take the vaccine.
    • If you are interested in taking the Meningococcal vacine, click here for additional information.
  • Medical Consent Form if you are under the age of 18, the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required.
  • First housing payment according to the payment plan selected on the License Agreement and Payment Schedule. Your first payment must be paid in order to receive an assignment.

If your admission is rescinded, if you have decided not to attend Cal State L.A. or your plans change and no longer need housing, you MUST complete the online “Cancellation and Refund Request” form.

This form must be received in the Housing Office 30 days before the quarter begins to qualify for a refund of housing fees, minus the application fee and cancellation fee. Please refer to Section III.C. of the Housing Services License Agreement for details on the approval process for cancelling after move in.

Assignments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis using the date your application file was completed. The earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are for receiving an assignment and the room type of your choice.  

Special Accommodations:  Housing Services has apartments to meet the needs of students with disabilities.  To request a housing accommodation you should complete the Housing Services License Agreement and then contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) and set up an appointment to review your request. You may contact the Housing Office with any questions regarding this process.


Housing accommodations are also available for ADA students.

Back to Top



5151 State University Drive . Los Angeles . CA 90032 . (323) 343-3000
2015 Trustees of the California State University

Last Update: 06/15/2015