English Language Program (ELP) & Study in L.A. Students! Click Here for signup information related specifically to you.
ON-CAMPUS HOUSING INFORMATION:
The Student Housing License Agreement is your contract for housing and meal plan, and it is in effect for a specific occupancy period.
Housing License Agreement Occupancy Periods (Terms)
LICENSE AGREEMENT OCCUPANCY PERIODS (TERMS)
- 2015-2016 Academic Year (Fall 2015, Winter 2016, Spring 2016) – applicants will be added to waitlist
- Winter 2015-Spring 2016 – limited spaces will be available (application available starting October 26, 2015)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO KEEP IN MIND:
Please read the following information before applying to live on campus.
- ALL communication is made by emails sent to your Cal State L.A. email account. <<Click here for instructions on how to check your email>> Don’t forget to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list, email safe list.
- A Waitlist has been established for Fall 2015.
- Spaces are limited and are offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. (GEA spaces are offered according to class level: Grad, Senior, Junior.)
- Please visit the Payment Schedule webpage for rates and other financial information. Most students do not receive enough financial aid to cover tuition and housing.
- You must submit the Housing License Agreement with the payment of $ 140 online on the Housing Portal to be considered for housing.
STEP 1 –RECEIVING ACCESS TO THE HOUSING PORTAL AND LICENSE AGREEMENT
STEP 2 – UNDERSTANDING YOUR LICENSE AGREEMENT
Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for living on campus. Submitting the online contract is an electronic agreement to these terms and conditions.
If you are under eighteen (18), a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. A link to the “Under the Age of 18 and Consent to Medical Treatment” form is provided as part of the online License Agreement.
Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
STEP 3 – LEARNING ABOUT YOUR HOUSING OPTIONS
STEP 4 – COMPLETING LICENSE AGREEMENT ONLINE
STEP 5 – SUBMITTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND PAYMENT
If your admission is rescinded, if you have decided not to attend Cal State L.A. or your plans change and no longer need housing, you MUST complete the online “Cancellation and Refund Request” form.
This form must be received in the Housing Office 30 days before the quarter begins to qualify for a refund of housing fees, minus the application fee and cancellation fee. Please refer to Section III.C. of the Housing Services License Agreement for details on the approval process for cancelling after move in.
Assignments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis using the date your application file was completed. The earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are for receiving an assignment and the room type of your choice.
- Bed spaces are limited and if demand exceeds spaces, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Room types available are double or triple occupancy rooms. A limited number of triple rooms are available. If we are unable to accommodate your requested room type, you will be assigned to a double room and placed on the triple waitlist.
- Single spaces are not available, except by special request (see below under “Special Accommodations).
- A limited number of spaces are available in the 2-bedroom apartments, therefore we recommend applying early.
Special Accommodations for ADA students: Housing Services has apartments to meet the needs of students with disabilities. To request a housing accommodation you should complete the Housing Services License Agreement and then contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) and set up an appointment to review your request. You may contact the Housing Office with any questions regarding this process.
- Golden Eagles Apartments (GEA) – for graduate and upper division students
- First Year Residential Experience– for first year students
- English Language Program & International House – for students coming from other countries who will be living with matriculated Cal State L.A. students
- Resident Scholars Housing – for students who are part of the Honors College
- Gender Neutral Inclusive Housing (GNIH) - for students interested in living with people of all gender identities and expressions