We currently have a wait list but are still accepting License Agreements for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
English Language Program (ELP) & Study in LA Students! Click Here for signup information related specifically to you.
To be considered for on-campus housing, you must first complete the Student Housing License Agreement (contract). Please read the information provided below before accessing the online portal.
To apply, click here: Housing Student Portal.
HOUSING LICENSE AGREEMENT – AVAILABLE TERMS (OCCUPANCY PERIODS)
- Academic Year 2016-17 (Fall 2016 - Spring 2017) –Currently contracting for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
- ALL communication from Housing Services will be through your Cal State LA email account. <<Click here for instructions on how to check your email>>
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list/email safe list.
- If you will be receiving Financial Aid, be sure to carefully review your award summary and compare it against ALL anticipated expenses, including tuition, housing, meal plan, books and other incidentals. Many financial aid recipients are still required to pay some out-of-pocket expenses.
- The Cal State LA Housing complex is a multiple occupancy facility with shared living spaces. The university requires that all residents be screened for exposure to TB. You will be asked to complete and submit a Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire Form prior to assignment.
- The State of California requires that all residents be informed about Meningococcal Disease and the availability of a vaccine. You are required to complete a Meningococcal Disease Form regardless of whether or not you choose to take the vaccine.
- If you are interested in taking the Meningococcal vaccine, click here for additional information.
- Students under 18 will be required to have a Medical Consent Form completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
STEP 1 – RECEIVING ACCESS TO THE HOUSING PORTAL AND LICENSE AGREEMENT
STEP 2 – READ THE HOUSING LICENSE AGREEMENT AND STUDENT GUIDE
STEP 3 – BE PREPARED - LEARN ABOUT YOUR HOUSING OPTIONS
STEP 5 – SUBMITTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND PAYMENT
Protect your belongings with Renters Insurance from GradGuard.
CANCELLATION POLICY – 30 Day Notice Required
If your admission is rescinded, if you have decided not to attend Cal State LA or your plans change and no longer need housing, you MUST complete the online “Cancellation and Refund Request” form.
This form must be received in the Housing Office 30 days before the semester begins to qualify for a refund of housing fees, minus the application fee ($40.00) and cancellation fee ($50.00). Please refer to Section III.C. of the Housing Services License Agreement for details on the approval process for cancelling after move in.
Assignments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis using the date your application file was completed. The earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are for receiving an assignment and the room type of your choice.
- Bed spaces are limited and if demand exceeds spaces, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Room types available are double or triple occupancy rooms. A limited number of triple rooms are available. If we are unable to accommodate your requested room type, you will be assigned to a double room and placed on the triple waitlist.
- Single spaces are not available, except by special request (see below under “Special Accommodations).
Special Accommodations for ADA students: Housing Services has apartments to meet the needs of students with disabilities. To request a housing accommodation you should complete the Housing Services License Agreement and then contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) and set up an appointment to review your request. You may contact the Housing Office with any questions regarding this process.
- Golden Eagles Apartments (GEA) – for graduate and upper division students
- First Year Residential Experience– for first year students
- Resident Scholars Housing – for students who are part of the Honors College
- Gender Neutral Inclusive Housing (GNIH) - for students interested in living with people of all gender identities and expressions
- English Language Program (ELP) – limited housing may be available for students enrolled in ELP programs.