English Language Program (ELP) Students! Click Here for signup information related specifically to you.
The Student Housing License Agreement is your contract for housing and meal plan, and it is in effect for a specific occupancy period.
HOUSING FOR 2014-2015
You can now apply and submit your License Agreement for the 2014-2015 Academic Year. Housing rates for 2014-2015 have been posted on the Payment Schedule webpage.
HOUSING OCCUPANCY/LICENSE TERMS:
SPRING 2014 (move in March 28, 2014) – License Agreement is now available. Apply today!
SUMMER 2014 (move in June 22, 2014) – License Agreement will be available soon.
FALL 2014 – SPRING 2015 (move in September 23, 2014) – License Agreement is now available. Apply today!
* * * Already live on-campus? Current residents, please read Weekly Housing Email for details on re-contracting and Room Selection.
STEP 1 –RECEIVING ACCESS TO THE HOUSING PORTAL AND LICENSE AGREEMENT
STEP 2 – UNDERSTANDING YOUR LICENSE AGREEMENT
Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for living on campus. Submitting the online contract is an electronic agreement to these terms and conditions.
If you are under eighteen (18), a signature of a parent or legal guardian is required. A link to the “Under the Age of 18 and Consent to Medical Treatment” form is provided as part of the online License Agreement.
Your submission of the License Agreement requires that you have read, understood and agree to these terms and conditions.
STEP 3 – LEARNING ABOUT YOUR HOUSING OPTIONS
STEP 4 – COMPLETING LICENSE AGREEMENT ONLINE
STEP 5 – SUBMITTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND PAYMENT
If your admission is rescinded, if you have decided not to attend Cal State L.A. or your plans change and no longer need housing, you MUST complete the online “Cancellation and Refund Request” form.
This form must be received in the Housing Office 30 days before the quarter begins to qualify for a refund of housing fees, minus the application fee and cancellation fee. Please refer to Section III.C. of the Housing Services License Agreement for details on the approval process for cancelling after move in.
Assignments are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis using the date your application file was completed. The earlier you submit your application materials and payment, the better your chances are for receiving an assignment and the room type of your choice.
- Bed spaces are limited and if demand exceeds spaces, you may be placed on a waiting list.
- Room types available are double or triple occupancy rooms. A limited number of triple rooms are available. If we are unable to accommodate your requested room type, you will be assigned to a double room and placed on the triple waitlist.
- Single spaces are not available, except by special request (see below under “Special Accommodations).
- A limited number of spaces are available in the 2-bedroom apartments, therefore we recommend applying early.
Special Accommodations: Housing Services has apartments to meet the needs of students with disabilities. To request a housing accommodation you should complete the Housing Services License Agreement and then contact the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) and set up an appointment to review your request. You may contact the Housing Office with any questions regarding this process.
- Golden Eagles Apartments (GEA) – for graduate and upper division students
- First Year Residential Experience– for first year students
- English Language Program & International House – for students coming from other countries who will be living with matriculated Cal State L.A. students
- Resident Scholars Housing – for students who are part of the Honors College
- Gender Neutral Inclusive Housing – for students interested in living with people of all gender identities and expressions
Housing accommodations are also available for ADA students.