INCREASED DEMAND FOR HOUSING - LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE FOR 2016-2017!
We anticipate that demand for housing will result in a waitlist once again this year. In order to accommodate incoming freshman, a limited number of spaces will be reserved for current housing residents to re-contract and reserve a space for the 2016-2017 Academic Year.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING SUMMER 2016 HOUSING
Summer 2016 will be shorter than normal due to the transition to semesters. Because of the challenges in preparing apartments and performing repairs and maintenance, Housing will be limiting summer residents to those that will be returning in the fall. Summer residents will be asked to select a space for summer that will be their permanent space for the entire academic year.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
Since spaces for returning spaces will be limited, it is highly recommended that residents participate in this process in order to have the best opportunity to return for summer and/or fall. Even if you are not sure of your plans, it is better to contract now and cancel if your plans change. You will have an opportunity to cancel with a least 30 day notice prior to the move in date. Since we also anticipate a waitlist, it is advised to apply early. The waitlist will be used through summer to fill spaces opened by cancellations.
HOW DOES ROOM SELECTION WORK?
Room Selection requires the submission of the 2016-2017 License Agreement with a $ 140 payment to begin the process. IF you have been offered a space, you will then be provided an appointment time to select your room. Once you have selected your room, you must provide the first payment to reserve your space.
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
- You must be a current resident.
- You must be up to date on housing payments.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must be in good conduct standing.
- If you wish to live on campus for the summer, you must be enrolled for fall.
WHEN DOES ROOM SELECTION OCCUR?
The 2016-17 License Agreement will be available online on March 16, 2016, 1:00 p.m.. Appointments to select spaces will be scheduled during April.
WHAT DOES THE LICENSE AGREEMENT INCLUDES?
The Student Housing License Agreement is a contract for the academic year, with the option to include (add) summer. It requires that you read and agree to the terms and policies of the:
- Housing License Agreement
- Student Guide and Community Guidelines
- Payment Schedules
WHAT ARE THE OCCUPANCY TERMS (period of time you will live in housing)?
- Summer 2016: Complete the Summer License Agreement if you wish to live here Summer (June 19, 2016-July 30, 2016).
- Academic 2016-2017: Complete the Academic Year License Agreement if you wish to live here Fall 2016, Winter 2017 and Spring 2017.
- If you wish to live on-campus for Summer 2016 plus the Academic Year 2016-2017, you will need to complete the License Agreement and pay the $ 140 payment twice (one for summer and one for the academic year). The online system requires that you make the $ 140 payment each time you complete the License Agreement. The amount of $ 40 from your summer payment will be kept as the application fee and the remaining payments of $ 100 will be applied to your rent.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
IN PREPARATION TO ROOM SELECTION, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO:
- Talk to family, friends, guardian(s) regarding Room Selection requirement to complete a contract with $ 140 payment in March and first payment on/before May 2, 2016.
- Residents are encouraged to purchase a Renter Insurance to protect their valuables. While completing the License Agreement, you will be given the opportunity to sign up for GradGuard, a Renters Insurance.
- You will be selecting your own space/location, so start talking to your friends on where they want to live.
- Building 1 and Building 2 will be reserved for Freshman
- Building 4 will be available for Honors and Graduates (overflow if GEA filled)
- East, West, Building 3, Building 5 will be available to all residents.
- GEA residents will have priority to select spaces in GEA and then Phase I/II upper division and grads will be considered (priority goes to graduate students)
- Summer Building will be in Phase I, West Building.
- If you expect to receive Financial Aid, make sure you have already submitted your FAFSA for 2016-2017 and that you follow up with the Financial Aid Office regarding any documentation they need. Stay on top of your “To Do List” and emails to ensure your Financial Aid Award for the 2016-2017 year is determined as soon as possible. Don’t forget you will need to pay out of pocket the amount of $ 500 in May to reserve your space.
CANCELLATION POLICY – submit Cancellation and Application Refund Request form to Housing Service at least 30 days before the beginning of quarter.
• Summer cancellation deadline: May 20, 2016
• Fall cancellation deadline: July 22, 2016
DON’T FORGET: Your contract ends as of 2pm on June 11, 2016.
All residents will be required to check out (remove your belongings out of apartment and return your keys) BEFORE 2:00 PM on June 11, 2016 unless you are contracted to live with us for the Summer 2016.