INCREASED DEMAND FOR HOUSING AND LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE FOR 2016-2017!
Over the past years, the demand for housing has increased resulting in a waitlist every year.
In order to accommodate incoming freshman, a limited number of spaces will be reserved for current housing residents to re-contract and reserve a space for the 2016-2017Academic Year.
If demand from current residents exceed the number of spaces set aside:
- A waitlist will be used through the summer to fill spaces made available by cancellations
- The method for assignments will be determined once the demand is known (after contracts have been submitted). Assignments may be based on first-come, first-serve, by class level or by lottery.
- It may not be possible to guarantee a space for all current residents wishing to return.
WHAT IS ROOM SELECTION?
Room Selection is the opportunity for current residents to submit a contract and reserve their space for the next academic year, including summer, prior to assigning new, prospective residents. This process begins in March and ends in April.
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
- You must be a current resident.
- You must be up-to-date on housing payments.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must be in good conduct standing.
THE PROCESS INCLUDES:
- Submitting online the 2016-2017 License Agreement with payment of $ 140 (anticipated to be available online in March).
- Selecting your space using the Housing Portal IF you have been offered a space (appointments confirmed in April)
- Submitting the 1st payment by May 2, 2016 (Financial Aid student may submit 2016-2017 Award Summary in order to have 1st payment deferred but may be required to pay an initial payment of $500.00)
- Submitting a new Tuberculosis Questionnaire/Verification form by May 2, 2015.
IF YOU ARE PLACED ON A WAITLIST: Stay informed and check your Cal State LA email for notifications. Students on the waitlist are encouraged to have their 1st payment and Tuberculosis documentation at the ready in case they are offered a space. Students will have 72 hours to submit payment and Tuberculosis documentation after being offered a space. You will receive an email with specific instructions at the time of being offered a space.
ROOM SELECTION INFORMATION SESSIONS
Attend a Room Selection Information Session to learn more about how room selection works and have an opportunity to ask questions about your specific needs.
More information will be provided through the Weekly Housing Emails sent on Tuesdays to residents’ Cal State LA email address.
Don’t Forget: Your contract ends at 2:00 PM on June 11, 2016.
All residents will be required to check out (remove all belongings & return their keys) BEFORE 2:00 PM on June 11, 2016 unless you are contracted to live with us for the Summer 2016.