As a current resident, you have priority to select a space for 2015-2016 through Room Selection.
WHY SHOULD YOU PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
Room Selection is the procedure for current residents to select their space for summer and/or the next academic year before we assign new, prospective residents. We anticipate a large demand for housing this year and having a waitlist; it is better that you reserve your space and cancel later, than to contact us later and be added to a waitlist. Don’t miss this opportunity to save your space even if you are not sure of your plans (see section on Cancellation Policy).
HOW DOES ROOM SELECTION WORK?
Room Selection occurs in stages and will take place April 6-24, 2015 in the order shown below:
- Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring (Annual contract)
- Fall, Winter and Spring contract (Academic year contract)
- Summer only contract
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA TO BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
- You must be a current resident.
- You must be up-to-date on housing payments.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must be in good conduct standing.
WHAT DOES THE LICENSE AGREEMENT INCLUDES?
- The Student Housing License Agreement is a contract for the duration of time that you will be living in housing. Depending on the agreement you complete online; you could be signing a 9 month agreement (Academic Year, Fall-Spring) and/or a 3 month agreement (summer only).
The contract consists of reading and agreeing to the terms as outlined in the:
- License Agreement
- Student Guide
- Payment Schedule
WHAT ARE THE CONTRACT (OCCUPANCY) TERMS (period of time you will live in housing)?
- Summer 2015: Complete the Summer License Agreement if you wish to live here Summer. This means whether you are staying for summer only or will also be staying for the fall. You must complete the summer contract separately.
- Academic 2015-2016: Complete the Academic Year License Agreement if you wish to live here for the Academic Year: Fall 2015, Winter 2016 and Spring 2016.
- Summer 2015 plus the Academic Year 2015-2016: you will need to complete the License Agreements for the Summer AND the Academic year. The online system requires that you make the $140 payment each time you complete a License Agreement. Both payments (totaling $280.00) will be applied toward your rent payments, minus the application fee of $40.00 for summer: $100.00 applied toward summer rent and $140.00 toward fall rent. Your housing deposit from the current academic year will roll over to 2015-16, unless there are damages in your apartment at the end of the 2014-15 contract year.
|Room Selection Information|
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO TO PARTICIPATE IN ROOM SELECTION?
IN PREPARATION TO ROOM SELECTION, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO:
- Talk to family regarding Room Selection requirement to complete a contract with $ 140 payment in March and first payment in May 2015.
- If you have specific roommate/housemates you want to live with, start discussing locations and have a few choices.
- Keep in mind:
- Building 1 and 2 will be reserved for Freshman
- Building 4 is available for Honors students and Graduates (overflow if GEA filled)
- GEA residents will have priority to select spaces in GEA and then Phase I/II upper division and grads will be considered (priority goes to graduate students)
- East, West, Building 3, Building 5 are available to all residents.
- Summer residents will be restricted to the East Side of Phase I.
- If you expect to receive Financial Aid, make sure you have already submitted your FAFSA for 2015-2016 and that you follow up with the Financial Aid Office to ensure your Financial Aid is awarded as soon as possible. Don’t forget: unless you have full financial coverage, you may need to pay out-of-pocket for some portion of your housing fees in May.
CANCELLATION POLICY – submit Cancellation and Application Refund Request form to Housing Service at least 30 days before the beginning of quarter.
• Summer cancellation deadline: May 22, 2015
• Fall cancellation deadline: August 24, 2015
DON’T FORGET: Your contract ends at 2pm on June 13, 2015.
Unless you have completed a contract for Summer 2015 and have an assignment, you are required to move out BEFORE 2:00pm on June 13, 2015 unless you are contracted to live with us for the Summer 2015. Watch for announcements regarding the proper ways to check-out.