The Summer 2014 License Agreement ends as of 2:00 pm on Saturday, September 6, 2014.
Any student wishing to move out before their License Agreement ends and wishes to obtain a refund, must receive approval from the Housing Services Office.
Students approved to move out of Housing at the end of the summer quarter must move out by 2:00 pm on Saturday, September 6, 2014. Below is information that you need to know before moving off-campus.
- Please make sure you fill out and complete the Request for Exception and receive written approval to move out.
- Submit the Mail Forwarding Request Form to the Housing Services Office. Housing Services will forward your mail for 4 weeks from when you move out. (Do not change your address at the Post Office).
- Check your bedroom area and apartment for repairs and submit work orders to get your apartment in good order prior to checking out. This will help you avoid damage charges that may be assessed at check-out.
- Begin packing your belongings prior to your intended check-out date and take items home.
- Clean your bedroom and shared spaces within the apartment. Remember to remove food items from the refirgerator and cabinets as well. We encourage you to schedule with your roommates a day to clean the common areas.
- An “exit” Apartment Condition Report (ACR) must be completed upon your departure. You may be present when staff inspects your apartment or elect to waive this right and have staff perform an inspection after you have moved out (see details below).
- At least 4 (four) weeks before you move out, please contact all of your important businesses to change your address (bank, cell phone company, workplace, magazines, etc.) Keep in mind it will takes up to 30 days before your mail begins forwarding with these businesses. Mail will be forwarded from CSULA for four weeks only.
- Change your address on GET.
Option 1: Check-out with a Resident Assistant (RA):
Make an appointment at the CIC with your Resident Assistant (RA) if you wish to check-out with a staff member on or BEFORE September 6, 2014 and review your apartment/bedroom condition in person. This will assure that you have also reviewed your apartment for damages that may be charged to you. The check-out appointment is to be set for the date and time of your departure (all belongings have been removed and apartment has been cleaned). You will fill out the section for check-out condition, sign and date your ACR form and turn in your keys to your Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident Director (RD). If you do not wish to check out with a staff member, you may use Option 2 (below).
Option 2: Check-Out by Express Check-out System
You may pick up an Express Check-out envelope from your Residence Life staff (Resident Director or Resident Assistant). Fill out the information on the envelope, sign, date it and place your keys inside and seal it closed. Return this envelope to the Housing Office. After hours, you may deposit the envelope in the designated drop box under the counter at the Housing Office (Phase II). Using the Express envelope waives your right to contest any damage charges that are attributed to you, including any shared charges with roommates.