Prior to moving out, you MUST receive approval by Housing Services to cancel your License Agreement. The Student Housing License Agreement serves as your housing contract and is for a specific occupancy period, which ends on Saturday, June 14, 2014.
Please review the Terms and Conditions of the Student Housing License Agreement, which outlines the conditions for release that will be considered by Housing Services (reasons and financial responsibility).
- The agreement states that only those students who are graduating, withdrawing from Cal State L.A., or getting married will be released from their contract with appropriate supporting documentation.
- All other reasons may be considered with appropriate supporting documentation and with proof of changes in circumstances from the time you completed the License Agreement and now.
- Review the Terms and Conditions of the Student Housing License Agreement available online at http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/housing/License_Agreement.php
- Submit the Request for Exception Form to the Housing Services office at least 30 days before the end of the quarter. Click here to print the Request for Exception Form
Once your cancellation request is approved and given your check out date, you are ready to prepare for checking out. Checking out without approval does not release you from your License Agreement; you will continue to be charged.
When are you checking out...
- End of Quarter
- End of Spring 2014 (June 14, 2014) - link will be activated around April 2014