Meals for the 2016-2017 Academic Year
The Meal Plan begins with breakfast on the first day of classes each semester.
The Dining Commons offers Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on weekdays and an extended Brunch on Saturday and Sunday. Three meal plans are offered: 17, 12 or 10 meals per week.
The Dining Commons offers an “all you care to eat” menu, including daily pizzas, burgers, entrées, side dishes, salad and deli bar, desserts, beverages and more! Our talented chefs provide a variety of choices and will work with residents to accommodate special diets. Some dietary restrictions, such as food allergies or those with very specific dietary requirements or practices may want to consult with our Executive Chef prior to signing up.
Each meal is equivalent to one swipe. The number of swipes per week depends on the meal plan option you selected: 17, 12 or 10 meals per week.
Where Can I Get My Meals?
Most students will eat in the Dining Commons located in Housing. For your convenience, residents may get a quick fixed meals at Salazar Café on campus. Their hours are Monday-Thursday, 7:30 am - 8:00 pm.
Dining Commons Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday
Breakfast 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Lunch 11:00 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Dinner 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
Brunch 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
The Meal Plan rates can be found below and additional details are available on the Payment Schedule webpage at: http://web.calstatela.edu/univ/housing/Payment_Schedules.php
Meal Plans Per Week
Academic Year Rate
17 Meal Plan (Recommended for first-year students)
|12 Meal Plan||
10 Meal Plan
The meal plan is part of the Housing Services License Agreement and may be added to your contract at any time during the year.
New Students: You can choose the meal plan when you apply for Housing using the Housing Portal online process. If you already submitted your license agreement and would like to add/change it, please email Housing Services (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Current residents: If you want to sign up AFTER the semester has started, please stop by the Housing Services Office.
Meal Plan Dates
- Fall 2016: meal plans begin on Monday, August 22, 2016 and ends Friday, December 9, 2016.
- Spring 2017: meal plans begin on Monday, January 23, 2017 and ends with dinner on Friday, May 19, 2017.
Meals for the 2016-2017 Academic Year end on Friday, May 19, 2017.
Designated Study Dates
An abbreviated brunch will be served on campus Designated Study Dates from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Fall 2016: November 23, 2016
- Spring 2017: May 16, 2017
No meals will be provided on the following days in observance of holiday and academic breaks:
- Labor Day, Monday September 5, 2016
- Veteran’s Day, Friday, November 11, 2016
- Thanksgiving holiday weekend Thursday, November 24 and Friday, November 25, 2016. Including Saturday, November 26, 2016 and Sunday, November 27, 2016
- Winter recess and Intersession, Saturday, December 10, 2016 through Sunday, January 22, 2017.
- Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 16, 2017.
- Spring student recess Saturday, March 25 through April 2, 2017.
- Cesar Chavez Day (observed) Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Summer Student recess: Saturday, May 20, 2017 through Sunday, May 28, 2017.
- Memorial Day Monday, May 29, 2017.
All requests to change or cancel meal plans MUST be submitted in writing 30 days before the move in date (see cancellation policies in the License Agreement for more information).