End of Spring 2014 Quarter
Procedures for End of Spring 2014 Check-out and Transition to Summer 2014
The current 2013-2014 License Agreement expires on Saturday, June 14, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. Unless you have a contract for Summer Quarter, you must move out PROPERLY and return your keys before 2:00 pm on June 14, 2014.
Read through these procedures to ensure a proper transition at the end of Spring Quarter and avoid extra charges. Please refer to the section that applies to you:
- Moving Out at end of Spring (No contract for summer)
- Continuing Resident (Contracted for Summer Quarter)
Students that are graduating and need an extension may request to stay through Sunday, June 15, 2014 at no extra charge. Extensions must be approved in advance. Other extenuating reasons may be considered, but not guaranteed for approval.
How to request to stay beyond June 14, 2014.
- Submit the Stayover Request Form, online (May 12-23, 2014) at:https://survey.calstatela.edu/checkbox/stayoverrequestform.aspx
- Turn in your supporting documentation to the Housing Office by May 23, 2014.
- Check your CSULA email for notification of approval or denial and charges.
- Make your payment at Cashier’s & turn in receipt to the Housing Office by June 6, 2014.
DEADLINE: Online requests & supporting documentation MUST be submitted by May 23, 2014 to be considered.
A daily rate, based on your room type, may be assessed for reasons other than graduation. Requests received after Friday, May 23, 2014 may not be considered.
MOVING OUT at the end of Spring Quarter (No Summer Contract)
Plan early for your move! Remember, you must have cleaned, removed all your belongings and returned your keys before 2:00 p.m. Saturday, June 14, 2014.
If you are returning to housing in the Fall quarter, you must complete a Student Housing License Agreement and submit your initial payment to hold your space. For information on contracting for next year and room selection, please click here.
Procedures for students that are not contracted to live on campus for Summer 2014:
- Change your mailing address on GET.
- Check your bedroom area and apartment for repairs and submit work orders by May 23 to get your apartment in good order prior to checking out. This will help you avoid damage charges that may be assessed at check-out.
- Begin packing your belongings prior to your intended check-out date and take non-essential items home. Donate or throw away any unwanted items.
- Clean your bedroom and shared spaces within the apartment. We encourage you to schedule with your roommates a day to clean the common areas.
- Do not forget to remove all items from cabinets, storage room and refrigerator.
- Students will be charged if any items or trash are left in the apartment. Do not assume housemates may want your unwanted items or that they will throw out any trash left behind.
- An “exit” Apartment Condition Report (ACR) must be completed upon your departure. You may be present when staff inspects your apartment or elect to waive this right and have staff perform an inspection after you have moved out (see details below).
- At least 4 weeks before you move out, please contact all of your important businesses to change your address (bank, cell phone company, workplace, magazines, etc.) Keep in mind it will takes up to 30 days before your mail begins forwarding with these businesses.
- Complete the Mail Forwarding Request Form. Mail will be forwarded from Cal State L.A. for four (4) weeks only. DO NOT submit an Address Change Form with Post Office.
How to Check-out
Option 1: If you Move out BEFORE June 14, 2014:
If you wish to check-out with a staff member BEFORE June 14, 2014 and inspect your apartment/bedroom condition in person, make an appointment with your Resident Assistant (RA) between June 2-June 13, 2014. This will assure that you have also inspected your apartment for damages that may be charged to you. The check-out appointment is to be set for the date and time of your departure (all belongings have been removed and apartment has been cleaned). You will fill out the section for check-out condition, sign and date your ACR form and turn in your keys to your Resident Assistant (RA) or Resident Director (RD). If you do not wish to check out with a staff member, you may use Option 3 (below).
Option 2: Moving out ON Saturday, June 14, 2014:
If you want to have a Housing Staff do a walk-through (inspection) of your apartment on June 14, 2014, move-out day, you must make an appointment at the CIC in Phase I by June 6, 2014.. Choosing this option means you will prepare for your move ahead of time, organize and pack prior to this date. On Saturday, the RA will meet you at your apartment at your scheduled appointment. Prior to their arrival, you must have completely removed all of your belongings and cleaned your apartment. If you choose to check-out with a staff member, you will complete the ACR, note damages, sign and date the form and turn in your keys.
If you do not wish to inspect your apartment with a staff member, you may use Option 3 (below). You must be completely moved out by 2:00 pm or additional charges may be assessed.
Option 3: Use the Express Check-out System
You may pick up an Express Check-out envelope from your Residence Life staff (Resident Director or Resident Assistant). Fill out the information on the envelope, sign, date it and place your keys inside and seal it closed. Return this envelope to the Housing Office. After hours, you may deposit the envelope in the designated drop box under the counter at the Housing Office (Phase II). Using the Express envelope waives your right to contest any damage charges that are attributed to you, including any shared charges with roommates.
Cleaning Recommendations - Avoid the Cleaning Fees.
Continuing Resident- contracted to live on-campus for summer
As a current resident contracted for summer, you may stay in your current spring apartment through 2pm on Wednesday, June 18, 2014. You MUST transfer to your summer apartment on June 18, 2014 between 9am-2pm.
- On June 18, 2014, come in to the Housing Services Office to pick up your keys to your summer space.
- Complete an ACR for your new apartment and turn it in to the Housing Services Office.
- Move all of your belongings.
- Clean the apartment, throw out trash, verify it is completely empty and lock the doors/windows.
- Come to the Housing Services Office to check-out before 2pm on Wednesday, June 18, 2014.