Skip to the content
Cal State L.A.

Get Adobe Reader
Get Word Viewer
Get Excel Viewer

Financial Aid for Students Who Graduate with their Bachelor's Degrees

Many Cal State L.A. students receive their undergraduate degrees at the end of a Summer, Fall or Winter Quarter and continue taking classes here. These students must submit a Certification of Graduate, Credential, or Post-Baccalaureate Status informing us of their new academic status. This is because certain financial aid programs are for undergraduates only, and if these awards are disbured to you after your bachelor's degree is posted, you will eventually be billed for them.

If the certification indicates that you have been admitted into a master's, credential, or second bachelor's degree program, your post-degree aid will be adjusted to reflect the appropriate aid for a student in your new program. There is no financial aid for students who are not enrolled in a degree or credential program, such as Continuing (Extended) Education students.

Financial Aid Programs for Credential Students

Federal Pell Grant (for some credential students)
State University Grant
Perkins Loan
Federal Work-Study
Direct Loan

Financial Aid Programs for Classified Graduate Students

State University Grant
Perkins Loan
Federal and State Work-Study
Direct Loan



5151 State University Drive . Los Angeles . CA 90032 . (323) 343-3000
2008 Trustees of the California State University

Last Update: 03/22/2012