The Emeriti Association of California State University, Los Angeles, is an organization dedicated to enhancing the status and condition of the University's emeriti faculty, and to strengthening their ties to the University. It supports and encourages the University in carrying out its stated policy of "fostering an active continuity of relationship with emeriti." The Association seeks to demonstrate the value of emeriti to the University and its active faculty. It undertakes to direct attention to the importance of retirement issues and to assist in their resolution, for the benefit of the entire University community.
The purposes of the Emeriti Association are set forth in its constitution and by-laws as follows:
1. To secure and enhance the status, rights, and privileges of the emeriti faculty of California State University, Los Angeles.
2. To encourage members to carry on their scholarly endeavors as contributing members of the academic community of the University, through teaching, research, writing, and consultation.
3. To participate in service to the academic community at the University, college, and department levels, including representation on the Academic Senate.
4. To contribute to the University in its mission by such means as may be determined by the Association.
5. To provide for the general welfare of the members of the Emeriti Association of the California State University, Los Angeles.