LabVIEW Notes & Assignments
July 14-15, 2003
· Front Panel Design of an Equalizer for Final Project
· To find the terminal /control on a block diagram àRT click on control/indicator àclick on Find Indicator
· Color of Icon & wiring
Orange: floating number (3.14)
Fushia : cluster – wiring is thick and handle any type of data
Green : Boolean
Yellow shape: lowest function in VI that do things like add, subtract,
White/Gray: represent modules of sub VI that perform functions in
Icons programs you already made
· While Loops: is a structure that repeats itself until the user stops or the test condition fails.
· For Loops: is a structure that repeats a certain number of times
· Using a While Loop & case structure, produce a program that will produce the following
If X=10 output Z=10
· Using program in #1, produce an indicator the will continue until the user presses a stop button. Add – When X = 30 program to display numbers from 0-30 with step in an indicator. (use While Loop inside a For Loop)
July 16, 2003
· Digital Filters
§ Lowpass Filter (LPF): blocks frequencies beyond a certain level
§ Highpass Filter (HPF): blocks frequencies below a certain level
§ Bandpass Filter (BPF): blocks frequencies outside a certain range
§ Bandstop Filter (BSF): blocks frequencies inside a certain range
July 21-25, 2003
· Arrays: is a data type that has one or more elements of the same type,
i.e. integer, floating decimal, or Boolean.
· Charts & Graphs: Charts display real-time data. Graphs display data that is first saved then displayed.
3-D Waveform Graph
July 21-Aug2, 2003
· Construct an equalizer with controls, indicators, knobs and a front panel that suit your classroom needs.