Information for FOM Scholarship
1. Request application forms from the Cal
State LA Department
2. Applications must be submitted by April
1st of each year*
3. Prepare for auditions, typically held during
April of each year*
4. Awards are made each June, for the
following academic year (Sept - June)
5. Amount of awards vary and are awarded by
the Music Department from funds raised by the
Friends of Music.
6. Qualifications for applicants are:
a. Music Major
b. Full-time student (12 units for
undergraduates; 6 units for graduate students)
c. GPA of at least 3.0
7. Criteria for selection of applicants
include one or more of the following:
a. Performance --
live or taped audition
b. Composition -- score and tape
required. Electronic composition: tape and technical
c. Music Education -- classroom teaching
-- lesson plans and videotape.
d. Musicology -- research paper --
footnotes and bibliography required.
8. Student Responsibilities:
a. All instrumental
majors must perform in two ensembles, one large and one small. All
perform in one ensemble.
b. Active, enthusiastic participation in
ensembles and in private lessons.
c. Participation in benefit concerts and
the Fall FOM Musicale. Fund raising activities or
service is highly recommended.
9. Other scholarship funds may be applied for at the Center
for Student Financial Aid.
Department of Music
to verify the application deadline and audition schedule.
Home | About Us | Scholarships
| Events | Become
a member | Join our e-mailing list