One Search -- New Interface to Search for Articles, Books, Media and More
As part of a three-year collaboration between the Chancellor’s Office and the 23 libraries in the California State University System, the Cal State LA University Library is part of OneSearch in June 2017. OneSearch features an intuitive, mobile-ready single interface that provides a gateway to a wealth of print, electronic and digital collections, and makes it easy to find, explore, cite, save and share books and media from across the CSU Libraries. OneSearch includes CSU+, a new book and media sharing system for the entire CSU.
Through CSU+, Cal State LA students, faculty and staff will have direct access to over 29 million books and media held by all of the CSU Libraries and they will be able to request books and media from any other CSU campus to be delivered to Cal State LA within 2-3 business days. If CSU+ doesn’t have what you’re looking for, you can get it through Interlibrary Loan (ILLiad) seamlessly.
As we move to OneSearch, some library services are affected or replaced. Following are some primary changes:
- OneSearch has replaced the Multi-Search and Library Catalog on the Library homepage.
- As we move to the new library system in June 2017, all your library overdue fines have been forgiven and removed from your library record. However, replacement costs for overdue materials have been migrated to the new library system.
- New loan periods: all Cal State LA faculty, staff and administrators are having one-year loan period for books, and all registered Cal State LA graduate and undergraduate students are having a one semester loan period for books.
- Loan periods for materials borrowed via CSU+ are determined by the lending CSU Campus and will either be 30 days or 60 days.
- Requests for materials from other CSU campuses via CSU+ will begin on July 10, 2017.
- Requests for materials from non-CSU campuses via OneSearch will be available in August 2017. Books and Articles can continue to be requested through ILLiad Interlibrary Loan service.
Questions and comments:
- For course reserves, ILL or library account information, please contact Access Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 343-3988.