The Interlibrary Loan Student Assistant needs to be a reliable and responsible individual who is willing and able to work with a lot of detail. He or she must be able to work well with others, and be able to train other student assistants. He or she must be able to perform assigned duties without close supervision. Library work experience is desirable, but not essential.
College Work Study
Interlibrary Loan of Materials
Under the general supervision of the Chief Access Services Assistant, the typical duties would include the following:
- Receiving and answering interlibrary loan requests via the OCLC terminal;
- Handling telephone or written communications initiated from requests via OCLC, FAX, or ARIEL;
- Assigning student work in lending operations;
- Assisting in maintaining files and records associated with the lending operations;
- Participating in the training and supervision of Class B student assistant; and
- Performing related duties as required, within the job classification level.
Student Assistant Job Opportunities List