Modern Languages & Literatures
Academic Web Links - Useful for Library Research
- Ask A Linguist.
- Bartleby.com A literary resources
providing contemporary and classic references on verse, fiction and
- The Blackwell Linguistics
- Cervantes Project.
This site, dedicated to Cervantes, is informative and easy to use.
It includes publications, texts, and bibliographies. This site may
be viewed in either English or Spanish.
Information Page. Contains Chinese-language-related resources,
- Chinese language study courses
- links to Chinese-language related FTP sites
- sources of Chinese text files
- list of Chinese educational software
- scholarly and linguistic resources on Chinese
- resources for East Asiatic librarianship
- resources related to the Chinese language.
The intended audience is anyone who has an interest in Chinese,
including speakers and students of Chinese languages, China scholars,
Chinese teachers, translators, linguists, and East Asian librarians.
Historiography for Chinese History. Bibliography and exercises
in classical Chinese historiography.
- iLoveLanguages. A comprehensive
catalog of language related Internet resources. Includes online language
lessons, translating dictionaries, programs to aid you in learning
a language and more.
Linguistics Materials on the Web.
- Internet Public Library’s
Literary Criticism Collection. The IPL Literary Criticism Collection
contains critical and biographical websites about authors and their
works that can be browsed by author, by title, or by nationality and
- Zhongwen.com. Contains the complete
text of Chinese-English dictionary.