Interlibrary Loan (ILL) ~ FAQs
What do I do if I forget my ILL user name and
- If you forget your user name and password, please contact the Interlibrary Loan office at 323-343-3983 during normal business hours or e-mail email@example.com to report this problem. Please provide your full name, and your barcode number found on the back of your Golden Eagle Card in your email. Thank you.
What do I do if I get an error login message?
You are blocked from using ILLiad Interlibrary Loan because your patron information is incorrect or out of date.
Please go to the Circulation Desk, 1st. Floor, Library North, during normal business hours to update or correct your patron information. Please bring your current Golden Eagle Card with you when you come to the Library.
If you cannot come to the Library, please contact the Interlibrary Loan office at 323-343-3983 during normal business hours or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to report this problem. Please provide your full name, and your barcode number found on the back of your Golden Eagle Card in your email. Thank you.
- What is Interlibrary Loan & how do I use it?
InterLibrary Loan, or ILL, borrows books and gets copies of articles that the Library does not have available online or in paper. Materials listed in our catalog may be requested from another library if they are checked out, missing, or otherwise not on shelf (see other regulations below).
Who can use the ILL service?
Our Interlibrary loan service is available to currently enrolled Cal State LA students, Faculty and Staff and students and staff of the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts and Stern MASS.
- How long does it take?
Generally, 3 to 10 days; however, there are many variables. It's recommended that you allow up to 2 weeks to receive material. Please Note: Borrowing materials using the "Request Item" button in the "ALL CSU Catalog" reduces delivery time.
How much does it cost?
The Cal State LA Library does not charge for Interlibrary Loan.
Regulations and Renewals
- The number of items borrowed shall not exceed 20 at any one time.
- The loan period for books varies from 14 days to 21 days depending on the policy of the library lending the book. The due date will be indicated on the ILL wrapper when you pick up the book.
- Items borrowed on ILL cannot be renewed.
- Borrowers may keep photocopies of articles, they do not need to be returned.
- Telephone requests for new interlibrary loans are not accepted.
- Return books directly to the Loan Desk, 1st Floor Library North. Do not use the Book Returns.
- All Interlibrary Loan materials are subject to recall by the lending library. Patrons must return materials immediately when a recall notice is received.
- Return borrowed material on time. Failure to return material on time may result in suspension of ILLILL privileges or limiting future requests to Library Use OnlyLibrary Use Only. Return borrowed material on time. Failure to return material on time may result in suspension of privileges or limiting future requests to .
- You will be liable for any late charges/demand fees incurred for items not returned on time.
- Take proper care of borrowed material and return it in good condition. You are liable for any lost or damaged material.
- Observe any special conditions set for use of borrowed material. Conditions for use of borrowed materials are set by the lending institution. Special instructions are on the book strap and may include: a) For Library Use Only; b) Photocopying Not Allowed; c) No Renewals; d) Sign Dissertation User Page.
Where to pick up ILL materials
- Books: Pick up books at the Service Desk, 1st floor Library North. Leave the white strap wrapped around the book's cover on at all times. Books are already checked out when you sign for them.
- Articles: Students, pick up articles at the Service Desk during regular library hours. Faculty and staff, articles are mailed directly to campus offices.
- Articles in Electronic Format: Articles in electronic format will be delivered via email attachments and they can be retrieved from your myCalStateLA (campus) email account.
What is and is not available through ILL
Requests Which ILL Will Process
BOOKS ARTICLES OTHER
- Books not in our
- Books marked
MISSING in our
- Articles not in our
- Articles vandalized, or
torn out of issues
which are in our
- Articles from issues
and volumes which are
marked MISSING In our
ILL will make every attempt to obtain research material in various other formats (e.g., music scores, dissertations, etc.), but we have mixed success in obtaining these items from other libraries due to THEIR policies [See also this information on purchasing dissertation and theses via the Web.] Requests Which ILL Will NOT Process
- Most materials in special formats (DVDs, videos, software, etc.)
- Whole issues/volumes of journals
- Software and CD-ROMS
- Rare, fragile, and special collection books
- Reference books
- Books not in our