The CSU decided to continue its
agreement with netLibrary. In May 2002, approximately 4,400 eBooks will be
available to CSULA users. The collection includes recent academic eBooks (electronic books), primarily in the fields of education, psychology, natural science and social sciences. The collection consists primarily of monographs; however,
more reference books have been included.
Use these 2 methods to find eBooks in netLibrary:
All books are restricted to CSLA users with NIS accounts and are accessible via our EZ Proxy system for off campus users.
|Use these 3 Methods to Find eBooks:
|| Go to our CSLA eBook Collection in netLibrary and use their search
tool. [1,900 CSU owned titles available, plus more than a 1000 public domain titles]
||Go to our CSLA ADVANCED Library Catalog, input your search terms, make sure that the MATERIAL TYPE pulldown menu is set to eBooks, and click SUBMIT SEARCH. In the catalog system, go to the full record display for the selected title, then click on the link An electronic book accessible through the World Wide Web: click for information See this example:
IMPORTANT: Tips on Using ebooks
- Make Use of the Table of Contents, and Index
- It is particularly important when browsing eBooks to make extensive use of available table of contents or indexes.
- Printing and Copying eBook pages
- You may print or copy one page at a time with netLibrary eBooks and one page
or one entry at a time with ABC-CLIO eBooks by using your Web browser's print or copy functions.
- After you open an eBook online, navigate to the page you would like to print
- Click Print on the web browser toolbar.
(copy option is not available with ABC-CLIO eBooks)
- After you open an eBook online, navigate to the page from which you would like to copy, and select the text to be copied
- Select Copy from the Edit menu
- Select Paste from the Edit menu in the application you are using
- Using the Online Dictionary within netLibrary
- There are three ways to use the American Heritage Dictionary which is build into the system software of netLibrary:
- Click on dictionary tab in the left side frame of the page within netLibrary, and enter your search term in the Look up box;
- Double click on any word in the text of a netLibrary eBook;
- Highlight any word in the text of a netLibrary eBook, then right click to select the dictionary.