- Social Science Research & Instructional Council (SSRIC)
SS Data Retrieval and Processing Utility
- SUBJECTS: The SSRIC acquires and processes social science data from a wide variety of sources including ICPSR, the Roper Center, and the Field Institute in California.
Restricted to CSULA users.
- Provide access to its extensive collection of social science data using a Web based interface.
- The SSRIC allows for interactive full-text search and retrieval of documents in the SSRIC collection.
- The SSRIC conducts training sessions several times a year in various topics, including how to use the SSRIC.
- The SSRIC has recently added new software whichallows the user to perform web-based statistical analysis and data subsetting, using popular social science datasets. Currently, this feature is available for the General Social Survey (1972-1998), the American National Elections Study (1948-1998), and 1999 California Field Polls.
Social Science Research and Instructional Council