- CountryWatch Forecast FULL-TEXT
- SUBJECTS: Political, economic, and business
information about countries, worldwide
Restricted to CSLA users
- CountryWatch Forecast provides a semi-annually updated 5-year, globally
integrated macroeconomic forecast for each of the 192 countries in
the world. It covers the following information:
- Real GDP, population and Real GDP/capita
- Nominal GDP and components of (C, I, G, X-M)
- Government spending and taxation
- Money, prices and interest rates
- Trade, exchange rate and balance of payments
- Based on robust macroeconomic model which includes 5 years of historical
data updated monthly) from IMF and other sources.
- Concisely written Economic Overview, Key Forecast Assumptions, and
Forecast summary sections along with a Forecast Summary table for
- Projected exchange rates based on global growth, trade and capital
flow forecasts and global cross-rate table.
- Demand side nominal income model based on widely accepted macroeconomic
theory and latest available IMF data.
- Supply side model based on capital and labor inputs estimated from
population/employment growth and net investment expenditure augmented
by factor productivity growth.
- Key behavioral parameters (e.g. interest rate elasticity of investment)
estimated from recent data, but can be adjusted by the user.
- Exogenous and policy variable inputs set by CountryWatch in the
base forecast, but can be modified by the user to create alternative
- Model incorporates currency blocs (e.g. euro area) and exchange
rate pegs and determines exchange rates using the global balance of
- Model theory, equations and solution are fully documented.