- ETS/ERIC Test File
- SUBJECTS: Educational and Psychological Tests
Unrestricted -- a public domain database
- This database describes and provides citations for thousands of assessment
instruments (tests, scales, inventories, etc.) useful for research in
education and psychology.All
instruments indexed are in the public domain. Possible sources are identified in the CONTACT INFORMATION section of
each citation. The major sources are noted below:
Basic Search Strategy
- 1. About 15% of the
instruments (more than 12 hundred instruments) in the database are
available in the ETS Tests in Microfiche set, which the Library houses in
(Library North, Level-A) under the call number IGL 128.
When the CONTACT INFORMATION section of a citation indicates
that the instrument is archived in the "Tests in Microfiche
Collection at the Educational Testing Service," it provides a
tracking number, for example: TC002787.Write down this number, excluding the leading "TC"
letters,then find the number
in the Library’s Microfiche Collection (Library North, Level-A) under
the call number IGL 128(several
drawers of fiche cards all bear this same call number).
For example, the full finding information for a particular fiche
may be: IGL 128, fiche no. 002,787.
- 2. A small number will show
an ERIC ED number under CONTACT INFORMATION.These items can also be found in the Library’s Microfiche Collection, in the ERIC Fiche drawers, filed by the ED number.
- 3. Roughly 30% are shown as
located in specific journal articles, with a complete citation given. You
will need to search the cited title in the Library’s Catalog,
“Journals” section, to see if we own the title, volume and year cited.
- 4. Roughly 30% are shown as
located in specific books. Again,
you will need to search the cited title in the Library’s Catalog, but in
the “Basic Search” section (for books), to see if we own the title.
- [Note: the “TC” Tracking number is not useful for the 2nd
through 5th categories of material, unless you plan to order a copy
through ETS ]
- 5. About 25%
are shown with an address for the author. In these cases, you can write to
the author to ask for the instrument, though this may not be advisable when
you have a handful of weeks to complete your paper.
- Enter a keyword of interest, for example "depression".
- If you wish to find ONLY tests, scales and instruments located in the ETS Tests in Microfiche housed in the Library, add the words "and microfiche" to your search string, for example: "depression and microfiche”.
- Mark search results that interest you, by clicking on the box to the left of the brief citation.
- Click on the bar near the bottom of the screen which reads "display marked items on this page”.
- Note what follows 'Contact Information” for
correspondence to one of the five categories above.