The following hyperlinks are provided to assist in the development of campus web sites. Any hyperlinks leading to external web sites and resources are provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only. These external sites do not constitute an endorsement or any association with the University. Cal State L.A. bears no responsibility for the accuracy or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
- ADA Section 508 Compliance: Every web page on the Cal State L.A. web site must adhere to Section 508 accessibility standards.
- Tim Thatcher explains: A user-friendly explanation of web accessibility.
- Creating Accessible Forms: General information and HTML markup for creating accessible forms.
- Deprecated HTML tags: A list of deprecated "obsolete" elements and attributes, along with alternative options.
- W3C Validation: An online Markup Validation Services that can check the markup validity of web documents in HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML and others.
- Web Space Request Forms: Approved forms for requesting web space on the University web server.
- Automated Faculty Web Page: This form will automatically generate a web page built from the faculty web page template.
- Student Organization Request: Web space request form for student clubs and organizations.
- Web Page Templates and Guidelines: Page templates and guidelines approved by the University Web Management Committee.
- Web Accessibility Standards: Every web page on the Cal State L.A. web site must adhere to Section 508 accessibility standards.
Workshops and Handouts
- Handouts: Website contains handouts on Dreamweaver, FrontPage, FTP, and other web related applications and tools.
- ITS Training Program: Online training for HTML, Dreamweaver and Flash is available 24/7 at Just-in-time Learning's lynda.com training.
- Faculty Training: Workshops and training provided for faculty by the Center for Effective Teaching and Learning.
- HTML Primer: A very detailed introduction to HTML including many useful tutorials.
- HTML Cheat Sheet: A list of tags used in HTML pages.
- Introduction to HTML: A short tutorial for HTML beginners.
Cascading Style Sheets
- Cascading Style Sheets : An introduction guide to CSS, including various CSS tutorials.
- CSS Play: For advanced users: CSS can do many things such as menus, photo galleries, image manipulation and more.
Creating and Automating Web Forms
- The EZ Form Mailer Program: This CGI script takes the data entered in an HTML form and sends it via e-mail to the specified location.