May 7th, 2014 Grand Opening Celebration
(3:36 min) of May 7th Grand Opening
Our Long Range Goal
Part of the College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology (ECST), the new Hydrogen Research Facility at Cal State L.A. will be utilized for research, teaching and advancing clean transportation technologies, as well as dispensing fuel to hydrogen fuel cell vehicle users.
California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State L.A.), through its Power, Energy and Transportation curriculum, has embarked on a long range effort to become a leader in the area of teaching sustainable energy systems and to engage in relevant applied research to mitigate the chronic problems of fossil fuel energy dependence and air pollution. The centerpiece of the University’s effort is the construction and deployment of a sustainable hydrogen production and dispensing facility.
From the outset of the planning of the State of California’s Hydrogen Highway earlier this decade, Cal State L.A. has been considered as the cornerstone location for placement of a hydrogen fueling station. Our campus location offers significant advantages. Our location places hydrogen fuel availability within five miles of downtown Los Angeles, within driving range of other hydrogen stations funded by the South Coast Air Quality Management District and within close proximity of several major freeways: 10, 710, 110, 5, 210, 105 and 605. More specifically we are located at the intersection of the 10 and the 710 freeways and within three (3) miles of the 110 freeway. Click HERE to view the location.
Another significant factor in locating a station at Cal State L.A., is the assured usage by the OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to utilize our station.
Power, Energy & Transportation at CSULA
- Dr. Blekhman's Faculty Home Page - Power/Energy/Transportation Program at CSULA
- Hydrogen proves key to a sustainable energy home
- Cal State L.A. Fuel Cell Program Top Dog
- Standards Raised For EcoCAR 2 College Teams (CSULA is 1 of 16 teams chosen)
- Shell Eco-marthon Americas
- Hydrogen Infrastructure Fact Sheet - we are one of nine stations funded
- H2stations.org - see the specs on our station
- California Fuel Cell Partnership (CaCFP)
- California Air Resources Board (ARB)
- South Coast Air Quality Managment District (SCAQMD)
- Mobile Source Air Pollution Reduction Committee (MSRC)
- U.S. Department of Energy - Hydrogen Program (DOE)
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles - from CaCFP