The Student Opinion Survey on Instruction plays an important role in improving instruction and student learning, and provides information that is used in the faculty evaluation process. Your views on faculty instruction and the courses you take are very valuable to the University, and you are strongly encouraged to participate.
he online survey will be available to you beginning the Monday of the ninth week of each quarter, through the Saturday prior to finals week (end of tenth week of instruction)..
The Student Opinion Survey will be available to you through GET. Detailed instructions may be found below.
Your identity will continue to remain strictly confidential, and results are aggregated and reported to faculty only after grades are submitted.
You may log in to the survey by one of the following:
- From Android Phone, laptop, desktop or tablet: Students may access their GET account through the myCSULA portal (https://mycsula.calstatela.edu/ ), and click on the icon that says “Student Opinion Survey”. This will take students directly to the survey (skipping step 1 below).
- From iphone: Students may access their GET account by going to www.calstatela.edu/GET and log in to the GET system with their student PIN in the “password” field. Students who don’t know their PIN should contact the GET Helpline at 323-343-7438. Once logged in to GET, a link entitled Student Opinion Survey will be at the top left corner of the screen (see step 1 below).
Thank you for your participation in this important process. We hope you will take the time to complete the Student Opinion Survey on Instruction, and make your views known!
1) Log in to GET. Click on Student Opinion Survey link
Once you click on the link, you’ll see a listing of your current courses and instructors. Click on the name of the instructor to go to the survey for that course.
2) Click on the name of the instructor to survey
You will be taken to Part A of the two-part survey. You will only be able to access the survey during the administration period (ninth and tenth week of classes.
3) Answer Part A of survey, selecting your response to each question.
You also have the opportunity to provide written comments about the course and instructor:
4) Answer Part B of survey, providing any written comments, and then click on “Click to Confirm and Save. “ Be sure to save before clicking on “Back to Main Survey”, where you can select other classes to survey.
Questions? See the FAQs page at http://web.calstatela.edu/faculty/sosstudentfaqs/