Posting to Discussion Threads
For instructions on how to self-register for a course, either go to this page
and look for the "How to self-register for a course" link located near the bottom of the page. Or, follow these step-by-step instructions.
To Register in the Course WebCT
1. Go to: http://webct6.calstatela.edu/webct/entryPageIns.dowebct
2. Click the "Course List" button.
3. Click the "College Charter of Education" button on the page that opens.
4. In the alphabetical list in the page that opens, scroll down to the first EDIT 430 - Intro to Computers for Educators (there are 3 listed; you want the 1st one)
EDIT430 - Information Technologies in the Classroom
5. Click the little green triangle at the left.
6. After the page automatically refreses, scroll back down and find EDIT430 course with "rs" in the middle:
(Be sure to choose the right section (SEC01 or SEC02 )
7. Click the little person icon to the far right on the same line as the description for section one.
8. Type your NIS username and password in the page that opens. That's all! You are now registered and can use the WebCT tools for this course.
If you have trouble, email me at: email@example.com
Posting to WebCT Discussion Threads
Here are the basic steps for posting to the WebCT discussion threads.