I like to write songs. Nothing spectacular, just some amateur stuff. All the files below are in mp3 format.
- Here is a very brief (20 sec.) experimental song called A Pythagorean Triple, featuring me on piano, harmonica, and glockenspiel. I have been obsessed for some time with creating music, such as this piece, that is polytonal, polyrhythmic, and non-dissonant. Each of the three parts is in a different time signature and in a different key signature. However, at any given moment in the song, the notes being played are all part of some major or minor chord. The piano is in 3 time and in the key of C sharp. The harmonica is in 4 time and in the key of A. The glockenspiel is in 5 time and in the key of F. The three key signatures are equally spaced apart from each other. The three time signatures, 3-4-5, give the piece its name.
- Here is a guitar piece called Piece in E.
- Another experimental polytonal, polyrhythmic, non-dissonant (PPN) song called Shakurina. This one is computer-generated from a MIDI file. The three parts in different key and time signatures kick in at the end; until then, it's just bizarre.
- Another guitar piece called This One.
- Yet another computer-generated PPN song, this one called Four Lane Highway. This one has four parts doing the PPN thing, in 2, 3, 5, and 7 time.
- Yet another guitar piece called Jazz Song #47.
- A very short computer-generated song called Two Bridges. I think it sounds like a theme song, but to what, I don't know.
- Here's a guitar track for a song called "Won't You." Any singers out there want to collaborate to put vocals on top of this, please let me know.
- Another computer-generated song called Waipio Valley Lullaby.
Puzzles, crossword and otherwise
Back to Mike Krebs' Home Page