Exam Review – SAMPLE (changes may occur)
There will be an exercise where you will be asked to match each of the 10 management approaches presented in class with a selected characteristic or principles of each of the approaches.
Likely multiple choice question stems:
1. Which of the following characteristics would be typically exhibited by someone with the following learning styles dimension preference?
2. Which of the following is not a basic need outlined in class or by Glasser?
3. Given the basic needs discussed in class, what would be the likely result of (one of the needs) going unmet?
4. Which of the following would best be characterized as part of what would be considered on the level of the “socially constructed reality?”
5. It could be said that the repetitive choices of language used in a classroom have which of the following effects on that classroom’s “socially constructed reality?”
6. Which of the following is not a form of teacher power discussed in class?
7. Which of the following teacher behaviors would likely promote a student’s sense of internal locus of control? Or competence? or acceptance and belonging?
8. Within the context of the social learning theory discussed in class, which of the following statement would be most true of the following situation.
9. According to Curwin and Mendler in Discipline with Dignity, the best way to characterize the difference between a punishment and a consequence would be which of the following statements?
10. According to Curwin and Mendler in Discipline with Dignity, which of the following steps would not be advised when “taking action” to implement a consequence.
11. According to Curwin and Mendler in Discipline with Dignity, what would be the best response to a possible student-teacher power struggle?
12. When thinking about developing your classroom social contract, which of the following principles would least effective?
13. Which of the following statements would be most true about interventions for cooperative groups?
14. Of the following assessment/incentive conditions, which would likely produce the most focus on (intrinsic motivation, or individual accountability, or group interdependence)?
15. According to Evertson and Emmer and discussed in class, which of the following best characterizes the relationship between planning and classroom management?
16. Given what was discussed in class, which of the following statements would not be true of the relationship between assessment and classroom management?
17. Which of the following instructional techniques would Kounin suggest is critical to maintaining good management?
18. Which of the following statements best characterizes the history of classroom management over the past 100 years?
19. In terms of social frame development, what would be the likely result if a student performed the appropriate deference and was consequently not given the appropriate deportment?
20. The general premise of the Anyon article related to socio-economic influences on education was the following?