In this assignment you are to create the following crossword puzzle using tables and CSS.
Your page should use tables to layout all page elements. The crossword puzzle should also be a table, and this table should be nested within your layout table. The clues for the crossword should be as follows:
1. One or Eleven
3. Travels at sixty minutes per hour
2. Nine lives
4. Where the heart is
The clues should be two ordered lists (one for Across, and another for Down). Note the numbering used for each clue.
Use classes to define background cells in your crossword table. This will make styling your crossword easier.
Upon completion of this assignment deploy your working crossword page on the CS1 server, and upload your source along with an html file linking directly to your crossword page on the CS1 server to the CSNS Website. If you do not upload all source files to CSNS you will receive no credit for the assignment. If you do not upload a page linking to the CS1 server, you will not receive credit for deploying your page on CS1.
1.5% - Table page layout
1.5% - Crossword puzzle (nested table)
1.0% - Two ordered lists with correct numbering
0.5% - Use classes when styling cells in crossword
0.5% - Deploy on CS1 Server
August 10, 2009 - 9:50AM
In this assignment you are to create an 'about me' page that describes several aspects about you. You can think of this assignment as a way of introducing yourself to those who read your page. Specifically, your page should have the following:
- A title. The title should read CS120 - LastName, FirstName - About Me
- Your name in a font bigger than all other text on the screen, centered and in bold at the very top of the page
- An e-mail link centered below your name
- The following five (5) headings:
- Work Experience
- Something Interesting About Me
- Favorite Websites
- Below each of these headings should be, at least, one (1) paragraph. Each paragraph should be a minimum of four (4) sentences long. Each paragraph should be a description of the corresponding heading as it relates to you.
- Below your last paragraph should be an ordered list of hyperlinks to your top five (5) favorite Websites. The text of these links should be the name's of the sites, not the URLs.
- A minimum of four (4) logical style tags should be used in your Webpage.
- A minimum of four (4) physical style tags should be used in your Webpage.
0.1% - Page Title
0.2% - Name correctly formatted
0.2% - E-mail link
0.5% - Five (5) Headings
0.5% - Five (5) Paragraphs
0.2% - Five (5) Hyperlinks
0.4% - Four (4) Logical Style Tags
0.4% - Four (4) Physical Style Tags
Total: 2.5% of overall grade.
Due in class by July 1, 2009 - 11:20AM
In this lab assignment you are to create an Introduction to Website Development page. Your page will list several key terms and their definitions using a definition list, as well as discuss several different Web design languages. Specifically, your page should have the following:
A heading at the top of the page with the title "Introduction to the Internet and World Wide Web". This heading should be larger than all other text in the document.
A sub-heading with the text "Common Terms" followed by a definition list defining the following terms:
- File Transfer Protocol
- E-mail Protocol(s)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol
- Uniforml Resource Locator
- Domain Name
Another sub-heading with the text "Markup Languages" followed by the definitions of the following terms:
Each term should be defined in a paragraph, and each paragraph should have an appropriate heading.
In a final paragraph, explain the primary advantages of XHTML over HTML.
- (0.2%) Terms correctly defined
- (0.2%) Definition list used correctly
- (0.2%) Paragraphs used correctly
- (0.3%) Headings used as specified
- (0.3%) Paragraph explaining advantages of XHTML over HTML
Total Points: 1.2% of overall grade.
Due by June 29, 2009 - 9:50AM
Note: Important announcements regarding labs will appear here.