FE/EIT Review Course at California State University, Los Angeles
The FE/EIT exam review course offers a comprehensive review of the topics for the morning exam and General Engineering (other disciplines) for the afternoon exam. These 60-hour review classes are held at the university campus on ten Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To obtain filing and examination dates contact:
California Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95833-2944
1-866-780-5370, fax 916-263-2246
Who Should Take This Review Course?
- Those who have graduated from college and/or university quite some time ago.
- Recent college graduates who need a quick review of engineering fundamentals.
- Those who are engaged in the engineering profession but come from non-traditional engineering disciplines.
- College seniors who wish to take the examination before their graduation.
Nature of EIT Exam
EIT Exam Format
Probability and Statistics
Mechanics of Materials
Young C. Kim, Ph.D. P.E., Professor of Civil Engineering, Emeritus, Cal State L.A. – Coordinator
Stephen F. Felszeghy, Ph.D., Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Emeritus, Cal State L.A.
Darrell W. Guillaume, Ph.D., P.E., Professor and Chair of Mechanical Engineering, Cal State L.A.
Lih-Min Hsia, Ph.D., P.E., Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Cal State L.A.
Gregorio G. Santillan, Ph.D., Professor of Chemistry, Cal State L.A.
Lili Tabrizi, Ph.D., Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cal State L.A.
Nancy Warter-Perez, Ph.D., Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cal State L.A.
Comments from Previous Participants
- It was straight forward and dealt with the type of problems you see on the test
- I was out of school for 20 years, but your class was very complete and effective.
- I have been out of school for 15 years. I would not have passed the test without taking your review class. It was well organized and got right to the point.
- I am glad that I have selected the right class with lowest fees and excellent educators. I consider the passing the EIT to be a big achievement for me 23 years after my graduation.
- I really enjoyed your sessions, but also learned a lot. You teach in very easy to follow fashion and make learning fun.
- I did not major in engineering and, furthermore, I left school more than 30 years ago. It was not that difficult for me to comprehend because of your teaching style – laconic, straightforward, and to the point.
- The course was a significant help in refreshing my memory on many things that I had forgotten since leaving the university.
- I never had 5 of the 10 subjects tested, so you literally taught me a mountain of stuff overnight. You summarized the main points. The problems you selected were almost exactly the type we saw on the exam.
For any inquiries regarding the EIT Review course, contact:
Coordinator, Professional Development
College of Extended Studies and International Programs
California State University, Los Angeles
Phone: (323) 343-4967
Young C. Kim, Ph.D.
Winter 2014 Course Schedule
|FE/EIT Review (Engineer-In-Training)
|Course Fee||$361; (repeat student fee $181)|
|Date||Saturdays, January 18 – March 22, 2014 (10 meetings)|
|Time||9:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.|
|Location||CSULA - TBA|
Dr. Young C. Kim, Professor Emeritus, Department of Civil Engineering, Cal State, L.A. He received his doctorate from the University of Southern California, with over thirty years of teaching experience, and has been the program coordinator for the EIT program for over thirty years.