Skip to the content


Follow us

Home > International Staff / Faculty / Visiting Scholars > Visa Category > TN Visa Category

TN (Treaty NAFTA) Visa Category

Many Canadian and Mexican citizens are eligible to obtain quick one-year professional work visas which can be renewed annually. NAFTA provides for work visas for qualified Canadian and Mexican professionals. Spouses and minor children may not work with the treaty dependent (T.D.) visas.

Cal State L.A. will support TN status for an alien who has been offered a temporary part-time or full-time position as a faculty member, researcher, or other professional staff which is critical to the institutionís academic or research mission.

If you are a potential employee who requires sponsorship, or a CSULA department planning to sponsor a potential employee, please contact Amy Wang 323-343-3170 or Email Amy Wang for Cal State L.A. policies and procedures.

5151 State University Drive . Los Angeles . CA 90032 . (323) 343-3000
© 2008 Trustees of the California State University

Last Update: 07/15/2011