Skip to the content


Follow us

Home > International Students (F-1, J-1) > International Student Employment Categories > On Campus Employment

On Campus Employment

In order to be eligible for on-campus employment, you must:

  1. Be enrolled for a full course of study;
  2. Maintain good academic standing;
  3. Hold a valid passport; and
  4. Have a current I-20 from Cal State L.A.

Students should contact the Career Development Center for job postings and application process.

Once the student has been offered a position, the student who needs to apply for a Social Security Number must complete and return the On Campus Employment Verification to IPS for processing. The student will take the documents to the Social Security Administration (SSA) for applying the Social Security Number. After submitting the application to SSA, the student will return to IPS for I-9 clearance (Verification of Eligibility for Employment).

Students who already have a Social Security Number need only to complete the I-9 clearance. I-9 Clearance Schedule.

5151 State University Drive . Los Angeles . CA 90032 . (323) 343-3000
© 2008 Trustees of the California State University

Last Update: 08/19/2011