Admission CriteriaYou must complete a minimum of 60 semester (90 quarter) transferable units prior to transfer.
- Earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in transferable units.
- Be in good standing at your current college or university.
- Have completed or will complete 30 semester units (45 quarter units) with a “C” or better in general education (GE) units prior to transfer.
The 30 semester units must include the “Golden Four” courses:
1. Oral Communication
2. English Composition
3. Critical Thinking
4. College-Level Mathematics
Transfer units must be completed by the end of:
- Spring term prior to Fall
- Summer term prior to entering for Winter
- Fall term prior to entering for Spring
Procedure for Applying to CSULA
- Review the admission criteria for a first-time freshman applicant. Some major departments may have additional admission requirements. Please check the department’s website for details. Please also refer to IMPACTION for any additional departmental restrictions.
- International students must submit the application by the domestic application deadline to be considered for an impacted program. Take note that the domestic deadline is an earlier date.
- Submit the online application at www.CSUMentor.edu. Please read instructions carefully and complete all appropriate sections. Each application is only good for the term you are applying. Please enter your name and date of birth correctly. Please review Name Integrity for more details.
- Pay the $55 application online or send a bank draft or money order to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment. Please include your CSULA Campus Identification Number which you will receive within 3-5 days after submitting the online application.
- Submit the required academic documents to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment by the deadline.
- Original of all OFFICIAL secondary and post-secondary records including certificates, degrees or diplomas in original language of issue with a certified English translation.
- Applicants who have studied in the U.S. are required to have the institutions in the U.S. send the transcripts directly to CSULA.
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TEOFL) or other acceptable test (see list below). Scores must be sent directly to CSULA from testing agency.
Acceptable English Language Exams and Scores: (institution code 4399)
TOEFL: 61 ibt or higher
PTE: 44 or higher
IELTS: Band 5.5 or higherIf an applicant has attended a college or university in the U.S. for three years or more, or has attended a school where English is the language of instruction for three or more years, an English language exam may not be required. A statement verifying English as the medium of instruction will be required from the institution.