Skip to the content


Follow us

Student Going Global


Transfer Student

An International Evaluator will review all the documents as soon as the application package is complete. You will be notified by the Office of Admissions and Recruitment of your admissibility to the university. You may check the status of your application in the myCSULA portal

From Inside the U.S.

Required documents are:

Once admitted, you receive an admission letter via email. Hand copies will be provided by special request to the office of Admissions and Recruitment.

You will need to contact your school’s international student adviser and inform them of your desire to transfer your SEVIS record to CSULA once you have completed your last term.  The I-20 will be issued once your SEVIS record has been released to CSULA.

If you have a different visa status and wish to change your visa status to F-1 or J-1, please consult with an advisor in the International Office. If you have F-1 or J-1 status but feel you are out of status(failed to comply with immigration regulations such as full time enrollment), speak with an advisor in the International Office.

From Outside the U.S.

Required documents are:

Upon your admission to CSULA, you must submit the Affidavit of Financial Support Form with supporting financial documents and a copy of your passport biographical page. An I-20 will be issued to you only after these documents are received by the International Office. Please review the instructions in the Affidavit of Financial Support for acceptable financial documents.
















5151 State University Drive . Los Angeles . CA 90032 . (323) 343-3000
© 2008 Trustees of the California State University

Last Update: 10/16/2012