- Q. Wang, G. Liang, M. Zhang, J. Zhao, K. Patel, X. Yu, C. Zhao, B. Ding, G. Zhang, F. Zhou, J. Zheng, "De Novo Design of Self-Assembled Hexapeptides as beta-Amyloid (Abeta) Peptide Inhibitors," ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2014, ASAP.
- T. Kai, S. Chen, E. Monterroso, A. Hailu, F. Zhou, "A Microring Electrode Concentric to an Inner Injection Capillary for Voltammetric Analysis in Nanoliter/Picoliter-Sized Droplets," Anal. Chem. 2014, 86, 8037-8041.
- S. Chen, L. Zhang, Y. Long, F. Zhou, "Electroanalytical Sensors and Methods for Assays and Studies of Neurological Biomarkers," Electroanalysis, 2014, 26, 1236-1248.
- M. Yang, J. Wang, and F. Zhou, "Biosensing Enhanced with Metal Nanoclusters," J. Bionanomater., 2014, 139, 1814.
- L. Zhang, K. Xia, Z. Lu, G. Li, J. Chen, Y. Deng, S. Li, F. Zhou, N. He, "Efficient and Facile Synthesis of Gold Nanorods with Finely Tunable Plasmonic Peaks from Visible to Near-IR Range," Chem. Mater., 2014, 26, 1794-1798.
- Y. He, M. Liu, N. Darabedian, S. Chen, Y. Liang, D.-Y. Wu, J. Xiang, F. Zhou, "pH-Dependent Coordination of Pb2+ to Metallothionein2: Structures and Insight into Lead Detoxification," Inorg. Chem., 2014, 53, 2822-2830.
- M. Yang, X. Yi, J. Wang, and F. Zhou, "Electroanalytical and Surface Plasmon Resonance Sensors for Detection of Breast Cancer and Neurological Biomarkers in Cells and Body Fluids," Analyst, 2014, 139, 1814-1825.
- D. Jiang, Y. Hao, R. Shen, S. Ghazaryan, A. Ramos, F. Zhou, "Effective Blockage of the Interfacial Recombination Process at TiO2 Nanowire Array Electrodes in Dye-Sensitized Solar Cells," ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 2013, 5, 11906-11912.
- M. G. Harrington, J. Chiang, J. M. Pogoda, M. Gomez, K. Thomas, S. D. Marion, K. J. Miller, P. Siddarth, X. Yi, F. Zhou, S. Lee, X. Arakaki, R. P. Cowan, A. N. Fonteh, "Executive Function Changes before Memory in Preclinical Alzheimer's Pathology: A Prospective, Cross-Sectional, Case Control Study Predicts the Pathology of Preclinical Alzheimer's Disease," Plos One, 2013, 8, e79378.
- D. Jiang, S. Shi, L. Zhang, L. Liu, B. Ding, G. Yagnik, F. Zhou, "Inhibition of Fe(III)-Catalyzed Dopamine Oxidation by Formation of ATP–Fe(III)–Dopamine Complex, and Its Relevance to Oxidative Stress in Parkinson's Disease," ACS Chem. Neurosci. 2013, 4, 1305-1313.
- X. Yi, Y. Hao, N. Xia, J. Wang, M. Quintero, F. Zhou, "Sensitive and Continuous Screening of Inhibitors of beta-Site Amyloid Precursor Protein Cleaving Enzyme 1 (BACE1) at Single SPR Chips," Anal. Chem. 2013, 85, 3660-3666.
- S. Shi, B. Zhao, G. Yagnik, F. Zhou, "An Interface for Sensitive Analysis of Monoamine Neurotransmitters by Ion-Pair Chromatography-ESI-MS with Continuous On-Line Elimination of Ion-Pair Reagents," Anal. Chem. 2013, 85, 6598-6602.
- X. Yi, H. Han, Y. Zhang, J. Wang, Y. Zhang, F. Zhou, "Amplified voltammetric characterization of cleavage of the biotinylated peptide by BACE1 and screening of BACE1 inhibitors," Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2013, 50, 224-228.
- L. Zhang, T. Kai, Y. Hao, Q. Tu, F. Zhou, "A Ferrocene-Tagged Amyloid- β Fragment for Rapid Screening of Aggregation Inhibitors from Natural Compounds by HPLC Electrochemical Detection," Electroanalysis, 2013, 25, 1659-1664.
- X. Yu, Q. Wang, Q. Pan, F. Zhou, J. Zheng, "Molecular interactions of Alzheimer amyloid-β oligomers with neutral and negatively charged lipid bilayers," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2013, 15, 8878-8889.
- L. Zhang, G. Yagnik, J. Peng, C.-W. Wei, Y.-N. Liu, F. Zhou, "Kinetic Studies of Inhibition of the Abeta(1–42) Aggregation Using a Ferrocene-Tagged beta-Sheet Breaker Peptide," Anal. Biochem. 2013, 434, 292-299.
- Y. Hao, L. Liu, Y. Long, Y.-N. Liu, J. Wang, F. Zhou, "Sensitive photoluminescent detection of Cu2+ in real samples using CdS quantum dots in combination with a Cu2+-reducing reaction," Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2013, 41, 723-729.
- D. Jiang, L. Zhang, G. P. Grant, C. G. S. Chen, Dudzik, S. Patel, Y. Hao, G. L. Millhauser, and F. Zhou, "Elevated Copper-Binding Strength of Amyloid-beta Aggregates Enables Their Copper Sequestration from Albumin: a Pathway to Accumulation of Copper in Senile Plaques," Biochemistry, 2013, 52, 547-556.
- L. Zhang, G. Yagnik, D. Jiang, P. Chang, F. Zhou, "Separation of intermediates of iron-catalyzed dopamine oxidation reactions using reversed-phase ion-pairing chromatography coupled in tandem with UV-visible and ESI-MS detections," J. Chromtographia B., 2012, 911, 55-58.
- Wang, J.; Yi, X.; Tang, H.; Han, H.; Wu, M.; Zhou, F. "Direct Quantification of micrRNA at Low pM Level in Sera of Glioma Patients Using a Competitive Hybridization Followed by Amplified Voltammetric Detection," Anal. Chem., 2012, 84, 6400-6406.
- D. Jiang, I. Rauda, S. Han, S. Chen, F. Zhou, "Aggregation Pathways of the Amyloid-beta(1–42) Peptide depend on its Colloidal Stability and Ordered Beta-Sheet Stacking," Langmuir, 2012, 12711-12721.
- B. Zhou, Y. Hao, Y.-N. Liu, F. Zhou, "Conversion of Natively Unstructured alpha-Synuclein to Its alpha-Helical Conformation Significantly Attenuates Production of Reactive Oxygen Species," J. Inorg. Biochem. 2012, 118, 68-73.
- B. Zhou, J. Li, B.-J. Feng, O. Y. Ouyang, Y.-N. Liu, F. Zhou, "Syntheses and in Vitro Antitumor Activities of Ferrocene-Conjugated Arg-Gly-Asp Peptides," J. Inorg. Biochem. 2012, 116, 19-25.
- D. Jiang, L. Shi, M. Jeong, M. Selke, F. Zhou, "Well-Ordered Porous Fe3O4 Nanostructures Prepared via Infiltrating Inexpensive Iron Complexes into Polyelectrolyte Shells Coated onto Polystyrene Microspheres," Adv. Sci. Lett. 2012, 6, 189-194.
- Izquierdo, A.; Carlos, K.; Ostrander, S.; Rodriguez, D.; McCall-Craddolp, A.; Yagnik, G.; Zhou, F. "Impaired reward learning and intact motivation after serotonin depletion in rats," Behavioural Brain Research, 2012, 233, 494-499.
- Peng, Y.; Deng, C.; Su, L.; Liu, Y.-N. and Zhou, F. "On-Line Removal of Redox-Active Interferents by a Porous Electrode before Amperometric Blood Glucose Determination," Anal. Chim. Acta, 2012, 719, 52-56.
- F. Zhou, G. L. Millhauser, "The Rich Electrochemistry and Redox Reactions of the Copper Sites in the Cellular Prion Protein," Coord. Chem. Review, 2012, 256, 2285-2296.
- X. Liu, M. Du, F. Zhou, F. A. Gomez, "Facile Fabrication of an Interface for On-line Coupling of Microchip CE to Surface Plasmon Resonance," Bioanalysis, 2012, 4, 373-379.
- Liu, Lin; Jiang, Dianlu; McDonald, Alex; Hao, Yuanqiang; Millhauser, Glenn; Zhou, Feimeng, "Copper Redox Cycling in the Prion Protein Depends Critically on Binding Mode," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 12229-12237 (Featured in the Concentrates Section of Chemical and Engineering News August 1, 2011 issue)
- Xianghong Arakaki, Hailey Foster, Lei Su, Huy Do, Andrew J. Wain, Feimeng Zhou, Alfred Fonteh, Michael Harrington, "Extracellular sodium modulates the excitability culturedhippocampal pyramidal cells," Brain Res., 2011, 1401, 85-94.
- Wang, Q., Wang, C., Shah, N., F. Zhou, J. Zheng, "Structural, Morphological, and Kinetic Studies of β-Amyloid Peptide Aggregation on Self-Assembled Monolayers," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2011, 13, 15200-15210.
- H. Laroui, Y. Narui, S. Ingersoll, S. Ayyadurai, M. A. Charania, Y. Yan, K. Salaita, S. V. Sitaraman, F. Zhou, D. Merlin, "Tri-DAP interacts directly with the LRR domain of NOD1 and consequently increases RICK/NOD1 interaction and RICK phosphorylation activity," J. Biol. Chem., 2011,286(35), 31003-31013.
- Xia, Ning; Xia, Ning; Liu Lin; Harrington, Michael; Wang, Wang, Jianxiu, Zhou, Feimeng, "Regenerable and Simultaneous SPR Detection of Abeta(1–40) and Abeta(1–42) Peptides in Cerebrospinal Fluids with Signal Amplification by Streptavidin Conjugated to an N-Terminus-Specific Antibody,” Anal. Chem. 2010, 82, 10151-10157.
- Wang, Chengshan; Shah, Nilam; Thakur, Garima; Zhou, Feimeng; Roger, M. Lablanc, "(alpha)<-Synuclein in (alpha)-Helical Conformation at Air-Water Interface: Implication of Conformation and Orientation Changes During Its Accumulation/Aggregation," Chem. Commun. 2010, 46, 6702-6704.
- Wang, Chengshan; Liu, Lin; Zhang, Lin; Peng, Yong; Zhou, Feimeng, "Redox Reactions of the (alpha)-Synuclein-Cu(2+) complex and Their Effects on Neuronal Cell Viability," Biochemistry, 2010, 49, 8134-8142.
- Jiang, Dianlu; Li, Xiangjun; Yagnik, Gargey; Zhou, Feimeng, "Reaction Rates and Mechanism of the Oxidation of Ascorbic Acid by Molecular Oxygen Catalyzed by Different (beta)-Amyloid Complexes with Cu(II)," J. Phys. Chem. B. 2010, 114, 4896-4903.
- Xiao, Xiujuan; Gao, Yu.; Jiao, Xianhui, Xiang, Juan; Zhou, Feimeng, "Laser-Induced Thermal Effect in Surface Plamson Resonance," Anal. Chim. Acta, 2010,676, 75-80.
- Liu, Lin; Do, Huy; Wang, Jianxiu; Zhou, Feimeng, "Bismuth-Coated Reticulated Vitreous Carbon and Bismuth-Coated Glassy Carbon Electrodes for On-Line Coupling of ASV with ICP-MS," Electroanalysis, 2010, 22, 1476-1482.
- Han, Guo-Cheng; Liu, You-Nian; Zhou, Feimeng, "Spectrofluoremetric determination of total free thiols in biological samples based on formation of complexes of Ce(III) with disulfide bonds," Anal. Chim. Acta, 2010, 238-242.
- Peng,Yong; Wang, Chengshan, Xu, Howard H.; Liu, You-Nian; Zhou, Feimeng, "Binding of alpha-Synuclein with Fe(3+) and with Fe(2+) and Biological Implications of the Resultant Complexes," J. Inorg. Biochem. 2010, 104, 365-370.
- Peng, Yong; Jiang, Dianlu; Su, Lei; Zhang, Lin; Yan, Ming; Du, Juanjuan; Lu, Yunfeng; Liu, You-Nian; Zhou, Feimeng, "Mixed Monolayers of Ferrocenylalkanethiol and Encapsulated Horse Radish Peroxidase for Sensitive and Durable Electrochemical Detection of Hydrogen Peroxide,” Anal. Chem. 2009, 81, 9985-9992.
- Jiang, Dianlu; Li, Xiangjun; Williams, Renee; Patel, Sveti; Men, Lijie; Wang, Yinsheng; Zhou, Feimeng, "Ternary Complexes of Iron, Amyloid-beta and Nitrilotriacetic Acid: Binding Affinities, Redox Properties, and Relevance to Iron-Induced Oxidative Stress in Alzheimer’s Disease,” Biochemistry, 2009, 48, 7939-7947.
- Yongcan Wang, Xu Zhu, Minghua Wu, Ning Xia, Jianxiu Wang, Feimeng Zhou, "Simultaneous and Label-Free Determination of Wild-Type and Mutant p53 at a Single SPR Chip Preimmobilized with Consensus DNA and Monocolonal Antibody,” Anal. Chem. 2009, 81, 8441-8446.
- Sohn, Kwon Nam; Kim, Franklin; Pradel, Ken; Wu, Jinsong; Peng, Yong; Zhou, Feimeng; Huang, Jiaxing, "Construction of Evolutionary Tree for Morphological Engineering of Nanoparticles,” ACS Nano, 2009, 3, 2191-2198.
- Yunfei Long, Dianlu Jiang, Xu Zhu, Jianxiu Wang, Feimeng Zhou, "Trace Hg2+ Analysis via Quenching of the Fluorescence of a CdS-Encapsulated DNA Nanocomposite,” Anal. Chem. 2009, 81, 2652-2657.
- Y. Peng, Y.-N. Liu, F. Zhou, "Voltammetric Studies of the Interaction Between Ferrocene-Labeled Glutathione and Proteins in Solution or Immobilized onto Surface,” 2009, Electroanalysis, 2009, 21, 1848-1854.
- Dianlu Jiang, Kim Lien Dinh, Travis C. Tuthenburg, Yi Zhang, Lei Su, Donald P. Land, Feimeng Zhou, "A Kinetic Model for b-Amyloid Adsorption at the Air/Solution Interface and Its Implication to the beta-Amyloid Aggregation Process,” J. Phys. Chem. B., 2009, 113, 3160-3168.
- Yi Zhang, Xiong Cheng, Jianxiu Wang, Feimeng Zhou, "Bi- and Tetra-Layered Dipalmitoyl Phosphatidylserine (DPPS)Patterns Produced by Hydration of Langmuir-Blodgett Monolayers and the Subsequent Enzymatic Digestion,” Colloids and Surfaces, A. 2009, 337, 26-32.
- Hyun-Seok Hong, Sandeep Rana,Lydia Barrigan, Aibin Shi, Yi Zhang, Feimeng Zhou, Lee-Way Jin, and Duy H. Hua, "Inhibition of Alzheimer’s Amyloid Toxicity with a Tricyclic Pyrone Molecule In Vitro and In Vivo," J. Neurochem., 2009, 108, 1097-1108.
- Jose G Martinez, Michael Waldon, Qiyu Huang, Sandra Alvarez, Ami Oren, Ming Du, Feimeng Zhou, Alexandra Zenz, Karl Lohner, Edith Porter, "Membrane-Targeted Synergistic Activity of Docosahexaenoic Acid and Lysozyme against P. aeruginosa,” Biochemical J., 2009, 419, 193-200.
- Andrew J. Wain, Huy Do, Himadri, Mandal, Heinz-Bernhard Kraatz, and Feimeng Zhou, "The Influence of Molecular Dipole Moment on the Redox-Induced Reorganization of a-Helical Peptide Self-Assembled Monolayers: An Electrochemical SPR Investigation," J. Phys. Chem. C. 2008, 112, 14513-14519.
- Lin Liu, Julei Yang, Ning Xia, Jianxiu Wang, Feimeng Zhou, "Voltammetric investigation of zinc release from metallothioneins modulated by the glutathione redox couple and separated with a porous membrane," Electroanalysis, 2008, 20, 2253.
- Ming Du and Feimeng Zhou, "Postcolumn Regeneration of Sensor Surfaces for HPLC-SPR Detection," Anal. Chem. 2008, 80, 4225-4230.
- Nakul Maiti, Dianlu Jiang, Andrew J. Wain, Sveti Patel, Kim Dihn, Feimeng Zhou, "Mechanistic Studies of Cu(II) Binding to Amyloid-β Peptides and the Fluorescence and Redox Behaviors of the Resulting Complexes," J. Phys. Chem. B., 2008, 112, 8406-8411.
- Y. Xin, Y. Gao, J. Guo, Q. Chen, J. Xiang, and F. Zhou, "Real-Time Detection of Cu2+ Sequestration and Release by Immobilized Apo-Metallothione Using SECM Combined with SPR," Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2008, 24, 369-375.
- Andrew J. Wain and Feimeng Zhou, "Scanning Electrochemical Microscopic Imaging of DNA Microarrays Using Methylene Blue as a Redox Active Intercalator," Langmuir, 2008, 24, 5155-5160.
- Jianxiu Wang, Xu Zhu, Q. Tu, Chikneyan S. Zarui, Jamil Momand, Xiu Zhu Sun, and Feimeng Zhou, "Capture of p53 by electrodes modified with consensus DNA duplexes and amplified voltammetric detection using ferrocene-capped gold nanoparticle/streptavidin conjugates," Anal. Chem., 2008, 80, 769-774.
- Y. Li, Y. Zhang, and F. Zhou, "Sequential Monitoring of Film Thickness Variations with Surface Plasmon Resonance Imaging and Imaging Ellipsometry Constructed with a Single Optical System," Anal. Chem. 2008, 80, 891-897.
- Gloria Rodriguez Bañuelos, Ruby Argumedo, Komal Patel, Vicky Ng, Feimeng Zhou, Robert Luis Vellanoweth, "The developmental transition to flowering in Arabidopsis is associated with an increase in leaf chloroplastic lipoxygenase activity," Plant Science, 2008, 174, 366-373.
- F. Ying, M. Xu, K. Li, J. Wang, and F. Zhou, "Voltammetric Studies of Cadmium and Zinc-Containing Metallothioneins at Nafion-Coated Mercury Thin Film Electrodes," Electroanalysis, 2008, 20, 888-893.
- Yun Lei, Hong-Yu Chen, He-Ping Dai, Zhaorui Zeng, Yi Lin, Feimeng Zhou, Dai-Wen Pang, "Electroless-plated Gold Films for Sensitive Surface Plasmon Resonance Detection of White Spot Syndrome Virus," Biosensors and Bioelectronics, 2008, 23, 1200-1207.
- D. Jiang, L. Men, J. Wang, S. Chikneyan, Y. Wang, F. Zhou, "Redox Potentials of Copper Complexes with Differetn b-Amyloid Peptides and Their Relevance to Neuropathology,” Biochemistry, 2007, 46, 9270-9282.
- Yong-Jun Li, Juan Xiang, and Feimeng Zhou, "Sensitive and Label-Free Detection of DNA by Surface Plasmon Resonance,” Plasmonics, 2007, 2, 79-87.
- Dongming Zeng, Lijun Yin, Yintang Zhang, Yi Zhang, Jianxiu Wang, Feimeng Zhou, "Sequence-specific analysis of oligodeoxynucleotides by precipitate-amplified surface plasmon resonance measurements,” Frontier in Bioscience, 2007, 12, 5117-5123.
- Y. Zhang, M. Xu, Y. Wang, F. Toledo, F. Zhou, "Studies of Metal Ions Binding by Apo-metallothioneins Attached Onto Preformed Self-Assembled Monolayers Using a Highly Sensitive Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectrometer,” Sensors & Actuators B. 2007, 123, 784-792.
- Y. Zhang, M. Xu, M. Du, F. Zhou, "Comparative studies of the interaction between ferulic acid and bovine serum albumin by affinity capillary electrophoresis and surface plasmon resonance,” Electrophoresis, 2007, 28, 1839-1845.
- P. Zhai, J. Guo, J. Xiang, F. Zhou, "Electrochemical Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectroscopy at Bilayered Silver/Gold Films,” J. Phys. Chem. C., 2007, 111, 981-986.
- M. Xu, Y. Wu, J. Wang, and F. Zhou, "Electrochemistry of and Redox-Induced Metal Release from Metallothioneins at a Nafion-Coated Bismuth Film Electrode,” 2006, Electroanalysis, 18, 2099-2105.
- J. Xiang, J. Guo, F. Zhou, "Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy Combined with Surface Plasmon Resonance: Studies of Localized Film Thickness Variations and Molecular Conformation Changes,” 2006, Anal. Chem., 78, 1418-1424. (PDF)
- J. Xiang, M. Xu, Y. Liu, J. Wang, H. Haick, F. Zhou, "Surface-Immobilized DNA Monolayers and Thin Films: Constructions, Characterizations, and Select Applications,” 2006, a chapter invited for the book "Soft Nanomaterials”, American Scientific Publisher, in press.
- X. Yao, X. Li, F. Toledo, C. Zurita-Lopez, M.Gutova, J. Momand, F. Zhou, "Sub-Attomole Oligonucleotide and p53 cDNA Determinations via a High-Resolution SPR Combined with Oligonucleotide-Capped Gold Nanoparticle Signal Amplification,” Anal. Biochem., 2006, 354, 220-228.
- G. Cao, O. Jimenez, M. Xu, and F. Zhou, "Nafion-Coated Bismuth Film and Nafion-Coated Mercury Film Electrodes for Anodic Stripping Voltammetry Combined On-Line with ICP-Mass Spectrometry”, J. Am. Soc. Mass Spectrom., 2006, 17, 945-952 (PDF)
- O. A. Jimenez, S. Chikneyan, A. J. Baca, J. Wang, F. Zhou, "Sensitive Detection of Sulphydryl Groups in Metallothioneins and Related Species via Ferrocene-Capped Gold Nanoparticle/Streptavidin Conjugates,” J. Environ. Sci. Tech. 2005, 39(5), 1209-1213. (PDF)
- F. Zhou, "Electrochemistry Combined On-Line with Atomic Mass Spectrometry and Related Techniques for Trace Metal Analysis and Studies of Electrode Reactions,” Trends in Anal. Chem., 2005, 24, 218-227. (PDF)
- Y. Wang, J. Wang, Z. Hu, F. Zhou, "Voltammetric Determination of Surface-Confined Biomolecules with N-(2-ethyl-ferrocene)maleimide,” 2005, Electroanalysis, 17, 2163-2169. (PDFPDF)
- Y. Wang, S. Han, A. L. Briseno, R. J. Sanedrin, and F. Zhou, "A Modified Nanosphere Lithographic Method for the Fabrication of Aminosilane/Polystyrene Nanoring Arrays and the Subsequent Attachment of Gold or DNA-Capped Gold Nanoparticles,” J. Mater. Chem. 2004 (PDF).
- X. Yao, J. Wang, F. Zhou, and N.J. Tao, "Quantification of Redox-Induced Thickness Changes of 11-Ferrocenylundecanethiol Self Assembled Monolayers by Electrochemical Surface Plasmon Resonance and Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance”, J. Phys. Chem. B., 2004, 108, 7206-7212, (PDF).
- Y. Wang, X. Yao, J. Wang, F. Zhou, "Attachment of Amine- and Maleimide-Containing Ferrocene Derivatives onto Self-Assembled Alkanethiol and Alkanedithiol Monolayers: Voltammetric Evaluation of Cross-Linking Efficiencies and Surface Coverage of Electroactive Groups, Electroanalysis, 2004, in press, (PDF).
- M. Zhu, S. Rajamani, J. Kaylor, S. Han, F. Zhou, A. L. Fink, "The Flavonoid Baicalein Inhibits Fibrillation of ?-Synuclein and Disaggregates Existing Fibrils”, J. Biol. Chem., 2004, 279, 2684626857, (PDF)
- Z.S. Chikneyan, A.L. Briseno, X. Shi, S. Han, J. Huang, and F. Zhou, "Polyelectrolyte-Mediated Assembly of Copper Phthalocyanine Tetrasulfonate Multilayers and the Subsequent Production of Nanoparticulate Copper Oxide Thin Films," J. Nanosci. Nanotech., 2004, (PDF)
- A. J. Baca, J. Li, F. Zhou, Z. Chikneyan, J. Hu, "Voltammetric study of Biomolecules via Oxidation of Ferrocene Caps on Gold Nanoparticle/Streptavidin Conjugates" Electroanalysis, 2004, 16, 73-80 (PDF)
- A. L. Briseno, S. Han, F. Zhou, C.S. Toh, J. Nemenick, N. S. Lewis, "Electrochemical Polymerization of Aniline Monomers Impregnated into Well-Ordered Truncated Egg-Shell Structures Composed of Polyelectrolyte Multilayers," Langmuir, 2004, 20, 219-226. (PDF)
- M. Zhu, S. Han, F. Zhou, I. S. Millett, A. L. Fink. "Annular Oligomeric Amyloid Intermediates Observed by In-situ AFM”, J. Biol. Chem. 2004, 279, 2445224459, (PDF)
- S. Wang, R. Gao, F. Zhou, M. Selke, "Nanomaterials and Singlet Oxygen Photosensitizers: Potential Applications in Photodynamic Therapy,” J. Mater. Chem. 2004, 14, 487-493. (PDF)
- Wang, J. Wang, and F. Zhou, "Direct Electrochemistry of Catalase at Gold Electrodes Modified with Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes," Electroanalysis, 2003, 16, 627-632, (PDF).
- A. L. Briseno, T. Gao, J. Huang, A. R. Hopkins, B. Sisk, R.B. Kaner, F. Zhou, and N.S. Lewis. "Detection of N-Butylamine Vapors by Morphologically Different Polyaniline Chemiresistive Detectors," Polymer Preprints, 2003, 75, 2507-2511. (PDF)
- S. Han, D. Ralin, J. Wang, X. Li, and F. Zhou, "Imaging of Antibody Attachment to Surface-Confined DNA molecules by Atomic Force Microscopy," Langmuir, 2003 19, 8943-8950. (PDF)
- J. Huang, V. M. Egan, H. Guo, J.-Y. Yoon, A. L. Briseno, R. L. Garrel, C. M. Knobler, F. Zhou, and R. B. Kaner, "Enantioselective Discrimination of D- and L-Phenylalanine by Chiral Polyaniline Thin Films,” Advanced Mater. 2003, 15, 1158-1161. (PDF)
- X. Z. Sun, L. Makanura, S. Han, D. Tran, C. Vinci, J. Nguyen, M. Hamann, S. Grazziani, S. Sheppard, M. Gutova, F. Zhou, J. Thomas, J. Momand, "p53 disulfide bond formation with a low molecular weight inhibits proper tetramer formation and binding to DNA,” Antioxidants and Redox Singaling, 2003, 5, 655-665. (PDF)
- J. Wang, J. Li, A.J. Baca, J. Hu, F. Zhou, W. Pan, and D-W Pang., "Amplified Voltammetric Detection of DNA Hybridization via Oxidation of Ferrocene Caps on Gold Nanoparticle/Streptavidin Conjugates,” Anal. Chem., 2003, 75, 3941-3945. (PDF)
- A. J. Baca, A. B. De La Ree, F. Zhou, and A. Z. Mason, "Anodic Stripping Voltammetry Combined On-Line with ICP-MS via a Direct Injection High Efficiency Nebulizer," Anal. Chem. 2003, 75(10); 2507-2511. (PDF).
- J. Wang and F. Zhou, Scanning Electrochemical Microscopic Imaging of Surface-Confined DNA Probes and Their Hybridization via Guanine Oxidation, J. Electroanal. Chem. 2002, 537, 95-102. (PDF).
- S. Han, A. L. Briseno, X. Shi, D. Mah, and F. Zhou, Polyelectrolyte-Coated Nanosphere Lithographic Patterning of Surfaces: Fabrication and Characterization of Electropolymerized Thin Polyaniline Honeycomb Films, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2002. 106, 6465-6472. (PDF)
- X. Shi, R. J. Sanedrin, A. L. Briseno, and F. Zhou, Formation of Uniform Polyaniline Thin Shells and Hollow Spheres Using Polyelectrolyte-Coated Microspheres as Templates, Macromolecules, 2002, 36(11); 4093-4098. (PDF).
- X. Shi, S. Han, R. J. Sanedrin, C. Galvez, D. G. Ho, B. Hernadez, F. Zhou and M. Selke, Formation of Cobalt Oxide Nanotubes: Effect of Intermolecular Hydrogen Bonding Between Co(III) Complex Precursors Incorporated onto Colloidal Templates, Nano Lett., 2002, 2, 289-293. (PDF)
- J. Wang, F. Song, F. Zhou, Imaging of Silver-Enhanced DNA Hybridization at DNA Microarrays with Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy, Langmuir, 2002, 18, 6653-6658. (PDF)
- X. Shi, R. J. Sanedrin, F. Zhou, Structural Characterization of Multilayer DNA and Polylysine Composite Films: Influence of the Ionic Strength of DNA Solutions on the Extent of DNA Incorporation, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2002, 106, 1173-1180. (PDF)
- X. Shi, S. Han, R. J. Sanedrin, F. Zhou, M. Selke, Synthesis of Cobalt Oxide Nanotubes from Colloidal Particles Modified with a Co(III)-Cysteinato Precursor, Chem. Mater., 2002, 14, 1897-1902. (PDF)
- S. Han, X. Shi, F. Zhou, Polyelectrolyte Hollow Sphere Lithographic Patterning of Surfaces: Construction of 2-Dimensional Well-Ordered Metal Arrays, Nano Letters, 2002, 2, 97-100. (PDF)
- F. Song, F. Zhou, S. Wang, N. Tao, J. Lin, Y. Morquecho, R. L. Vellanoweth, Detection of Oligonucleotide Hybridization at Femomolar Level and Sequence-Specific Gene Analysis of the Arabidopsis Thaliana Leaf Extract with an Ultrasensitive Surface Plasmon Resonance Spectrometer, Nucleic Acid Res. 2002, 30, 14, e72. (PDF)
- A. J. Baca, Y. Garcia, A. L. Briseno, F. Zhou, Quantification of Metals Released by Metallothionein Adsorbates at Mercury Film Electrodes by Differential Pulse Voltammetry and Electrochemical ICP-Atomic Emission Spectrometry, J. Electroanal. Chem., 2001, 513, 25-35. (PDF)
- A. L. Briseno, F. Song, A. J. Baca, and F. Zhou, Study of Potential-Dependent Metallothionein Adsorptions Using a Low-Volume Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Flow Cell, J. Electroanal. Chem. 2001, 513, 16-24. (PDF)
- F. Song, A. L. Briseno, and F. Zhou, Redox Reactions of and Transformation between Cysteine-Mercury Thiolate and Cystine in Metallothioneins Adsorbed at a Thin Mercury Film Electrode, Langmuir, 2001, 17, 4081-4089. (PDF)
- S. Han, J. Lin, M. Satjapipat, Alfred Baca, and F. Zhou, "A Three-Dimensional Heterogeneous DNA Sensing Surface Formed by Attaching Oligonucleotide-Capped Gold Nanoparticles Onto a Gold-Coated Quartz Crystal," Chem. Commun., 2001, 7, 609-610. (PDF)
- A. L. Briseno, A. J. Baca, Q. Zhou, R. Lai, F. Zhou,"Quantifications of Dopant Ions in Polypyrrole Films with Electrochemical ICP-Atomic Emission Spectrometry: Development and Comparison with Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Studies," Anal. Chim. Acta, 2001, 441, 121-132. (PDF)
- E. Huang, M. Satjapipat, S. Han, and F. Zhou, "Surface Structure and Coverage of Oligonucleotide Probe-Tethered Onto Gold Substrate and Its Hybridization Efficiency for Polynucleotide Target," Langmuir, 2001, 17, 1215-1224. (PDF)
- M. Satjapipat, R. Sanedrin, and F. Zhou, "Selective Desorption of Alkanethiols in Mixed Self-Assembled Monolayers for Subsequent Oligonucleotide Attachment and DNA Hybridization," Langmuir, 2001, 17, 7637-7644 (PDF)
1996 - 2000
- S. Han, J. Lin, F. Zhou, and R. L. Vellanoweth, "Oligonucleotide-Capped Gold Nanoparticles for Improved Atomic Force Microscopic Imaging and Enhanced Selectivity in Polynucleotide Detection," Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun, 2000, 279, 265-269. (PDF)
- A. J. Baca, J. Vincent, M. Luna, F. Zhou, S. La Dochy, S. L. Nicholaisen, "Fine-Scale Analysis of Airborne Particles for Heavy Metals and Nitrogen- and Sulfur-Containing Species in East Los Angeles," Air Pollution, 2000, Volume 8, 273-282.
- E. Huang, F. Zhou, L. Deng, "Studies of Surface Coverage and Orientation of DNA Molecules Immobilized onto Preformed Self-Assembled Monolayers," Langmuir, 2000, 16, 3272. (PDF)
- R. Lai, E. Huang, F. Zhou, and D. O. Wipf, "Selective Determination of Methylmercury by Flow-Injection Fast-Scan Voltammetry, Electroanalysis, 1998, 10, 926. (PDF)
- F. Zhou, J. T. Aronson, M. W. Ruegnitz, "High-Throughput Fast-Scan Anodic Stripping Voltammetry in a Microflow System," Anal. Chem. 1997, 69, 728. (PDF)
- G. J. Van Berkel, F. Zhou, J. T. Aronson, "Changes in Bulk Solution pH Caused by the Controlled-Current Electrolytic Process Inherent to Operation of an Electrospray Ion Source," Int. J. Mass Spectrom. Ion Processes 1997, 162,55. (PDF)
- F. Zhou, "Stripping Analysis Combined On-Line with Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometry and with Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry," Electroanalysis, 1996, 8, 855.
- G. J. Van Berkel and F. Zhou, "Observation of Gas-Phase Molecular Dications Formed from Neutral Organics in Solution via the Controlled-Current Electrolytic Process Inherent to Electrospray," J. Am. Soc. Mass. Spectrom. 1996, 7, 157.
1990 - 1995
- G. J. Van Berkel and F. Zhou, "Electrospray as a Controlled-Current Electrolytic Cell: Electrochemical Ionization of Neutral Analytes for Detection by Electrospray Mass Spectrometry," Anal. Chem. 1995, 67, 3958.
- G. J. Van Berkel and F. Zhou, "Characterization of an Electrospray Ion Source as a Controlled-Current Electrolytic Cell," Anal. Chem. 1995, 67, 2916.
- F. Zhou, G. J. Van Berkel, S. J. Morton, D. C. Duckworth, W. K. Adeneiyi, and J. M. Keller, "Development of On-Line Electrochemical Sample Pretreatment Methods for the Analysis of Thallium and Uranium by Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry," in Applications of Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry to Radionuclide Determinations, R. W. Morrow, and J. S. Crain Eds; American Society for Testing and Materials; West Conshohocken, 1995.
- F. Zhou and G. J. Van Berkel, "Electrochemistry Combined On-line with Electrospray Mass Spectrometry," Anal. Chem. 1995, 67, 3643.
- G. J. Van Berkel and F. Zhou, "Chemical Electron-Transfer Reactions in Electrospray-Mass Spectrometry: Effective Oxidation Potentials of Electron-Transfer Reagents in Methylene Chloride," Anal. Chem. 1994, 66, 3408.
- F. Zhou, G. J. Van Berkel and B. T. Donovan, "Electron Transfer Reactions of C60F48, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1994, 116, 5485.
- F. Zhou and A. J. Bard, "Detection of the Electrohydrodimerization Intermediate Acrylonitrile Radical Anion by Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1994, 116, 393.
- F. Zhou, S.-L. Yau, C. Jehoulet, D. A. Laude, Z. Guan, A. J. Bard, "Electrochemistry of C60 Films: Quartz Crystal Microbalance and Mass Spectrometric Studies," J. Phys. Chem. 1992, 96, 4160.
- F. Zhou, C. Jehoulet, and A. J. Bard, "Reduction and Electrochemistry of C60 in Liquid Ammonia," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1992, 114, 11004.
- F. Zhou, P. R. Unwin, and A. J. Bard, "Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy. 16. Study of Second-Order Homogeneous Chemical Reactions via the Feedback and Generation/Collection Modes," J. Phys. Chem. 1992, 96, 4917.
- A. J. Bard, P. R. Unwin, D. O. Wipf, and F. Zhou, "Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy," in AIP Conference Proceedings No. 241, American Institute of Physics: New York, 1992, pp 235-247.
- C. Jehoulet, Y. S. Obeng, Y.-T. Kim, F. Zhou, and A. J. Bard, "Electrochemistry and Langmuir Trough Studies of C60 and C70 Films," J. Am. Chem. Soc., 1992, 114, 4237.
- A. J. Bard, F.-R. F. Fan, D. T. Pierce, P. R. Unwin, D. O. Wipf, and F. Zhou, "Chemical Imaging of Surfaces with the Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy," Science, 1991, 254, 68,.
- S. Gozashti, L.-T. Zhang, X. M. Wu, F. Zhou and M. J. Ondrechen, "A Hybrid Hubbard Model for Discrete and Periodic Backboned Complexes," Chem. Phy. Lett., 1990, 165, 208,.
- M. J. Ondrechen, S. Gozashti, L.-T. Zhang and F. Zhou, " Bridged Mixed-Valance Systems," 1990, in Advances in Chemistry Series No. 226. M. K. Johnson Ed.