Publications by Students and Faculty 1973 - May,1999
Minority Biomedical Research Support Program
Research Initiative for Scientific Enhancement
California State University, Los Angeles
1. Brumbaugh, J.A., Bowers, R.R., and Chatterjee, "G. Genotype-substrate interactions altering Golgi development during melanogenisis." Pigment Cell, Vol. 1, pp. 47-54. Krager, Basel (1973).
2. Brumbaugh, J.A. Bowers, R.R., and Lee K.W. "Histochemical evidence that peroxidase does not affect melanin formation in feather melanocytes." Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine 46, 523-34 (1973)
3. T. Onak, C.L. Brown and J. Howard, "Negative Ion Mass Spectra of closo-Carboranes," J. Chem Soc., 76 (1973)
4. J. Bragin, S. Chen. H. Goldwhite and E. Mazzola, "Vibrational spectra, structure, and nature of the P:N bond in tetramethylphosphine imide." J. Phys. Chem, 77, 1506 (1973).
5. G. L. Szekeres, R. K. Robins, P. Dea, M. P. Schweizer, and R.A. "The Synthesis of 4-ß-D-Ribofuranosyl 1-1,2,3-triazin-3-one-1-N-oxide, A Potential Uridine Antagonist. Long." J. Org. Chem. 38 , 3277 (1973).
6. P. Dea, G. P. Kreishman, M.P. Schweiser and J.T. Witkowski, "Implication of Structure and Conformation of Nucleic Acid Components from Vicinal C-13 - H-1 Coupling Constant." "Proceedings of the First International Conference on Stable Isotopes in Chemistry, Biology and Medicine," P.D. Klein and S. V. Peterson, eds., USAEC Technical Information Center, Oak Ridge, Tennessee, (1973).
7. A. Fratiello, G. A. Vidulich, V. Kubo and F. Mako. "A Direct Proton Magnetic Resonance Cation Hydration and Complex Formation of Study of Zro(CLO4)2 and Zr(N03)2 Solutions in Water-Acetone Mixtures:. Inorg. Chem. 12 470 (1973).
8. A. Fratiello, R. E. Schuster, G. A. Vidulich, J. Bragin, and D. Lui. "A Direct Proton Magnetic Resonance Study of Hydrogen Bond Formation of Organic Lewis Acids with Triethylamine." J. Am. Chem. Soc., 95, 631 (1973).
9. A. Fratiello, V. Kubo and G.A. Vidulich. "A Direct Proton Magnetic Resonance Cation Hydration and Complex Formation Study of Lanthanide Salt Solutions in Water-Acetone Mixtures." Inorg. Chem., 12, 2066 (1973).
10. A. Fratiello, G. A. Vidulich and Y.l. Chow. "A. Direct 1H and 19F NMR Study of Boron Trifluoride Complexes with Cycloalkanones". J. Org. Chem., 38 2309 (1973).
11. A. Fratiello, M. Mardirossian and E. Chavez. Carbon-13 Nuclear Resonance Chemical Shifts of Seven Barbiturates. J. Magn. Resonance, 12, 221 (1973).
12 Deich.R., and Hodges, P. "Fields Dependence, Motion Sickness, and Levels of Development, Perceptual Motor Skills." 36 115-1120 (1973).
13. B. Lockman, and T. Onak, "Preparation and Characterization of Diclorocyclopentadienylborane and Attempted preparation of 1-Chloro-2,3,4,5,6-pentacarba-nido-hexaborane Cation," J. Org. Chem., 38, 2552-2553 (1973).
14. T. Onak, J. Howard, and C. Brown, "Negative Ion Mass Spectrometry of Closo-Carboranes," J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 76-79 (1973).
15. T. Onak, B. Lockman, and G. Haran, "Chemical and Structural Studies on the 2,4-and 2,3-Isomers of the Dicarba-nido-hexaborate(1-) ion, C 2B4H7-, and Some Dipolar Derivates," J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans. 2115-2118 (1973).
16. T. Onak, K. Gross, J. Tse and J. Howard, "Studies on Cyclic Organotetraborane Derivatives," J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans., 2633-2636 (1973).
17. Keislar, E., and Phinney, J. "Young Childrens use of an information source in self-instruction." AV Communication Review, 21, p. 177-190, (1973).
18. Pearson, D., and Sachs, H. (1973) "Stimulation of vasopressin biosynthesis in organ cultures of the hypothalmo-neurohypophysial complex by fetal hypothalamic factor(s)." Trans. Amer. Soc. Neurochem., 4:408.
19. Seto, J.T., Becht, J., and Rott, R.T. "Isolation and purification of surface antigens from disrupted paramyxoviruses." Med. Microbiol. Immunol. 159, 1-12. (1973).
20. Andreoli, Shehiro and Sakiyama. "Regulation and localization of enzymes in forespore and mother cell compartments of Bacillus cereus.." p. 83. InRegulation de la sporulation microbienne. Colloq. Int. C.N.R.S. No. 227, (1973).
21. Hanson and Andreoli. "Some aspects of amino acid metabolism in the fruiting mycobacterium, Myxococcus xanthus." Arch. Microbiol. 92, 1, (1973).
22. Andreoli, Suehiro, Sakiyama, "Takemoto, Vivanco, Lara and Klute. Release and recovery of forespores from Bacillus cereus.." J. Bacteriol. 115, 1159 (1973).
23. Sacher, J. A. (1973). "Senescence and postharvest physiology." Annual Review of Plant Physiology. 24:197-224.
24. Sacher, J. A. and D. D. Davies. (1974). "Demonstration of de novo synthesis of RNase in Rhoeo leaf sections by deuterium oxide labeling." Plant and Cell Physiology. 15:157-161.
25. T. Onak. and E. Wan. "Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Studies of Pentaborane(9) Derivatives," Journal of Magnetic Resonance, 14, 66-71 (1974).
26. T. Onak and E. Wan, "Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Study of the Small Closo-Carboranes, 1,5-C2B3H5, 1-6-C2B4H6, and 2-4-C2B5H7", J. Chem . Soc. Dalton Trans., 665-669 (1974).
27. D. R. Paulson, R. Ullman, R. L. Sloane, and G. L. Closs, "The Catalysis of Autoxidation by Metalloporphyrins," Chem. Comm., 186 (1974).
28. Jefferson, M.C., D. W. Crumpacker and J. S. Williams, (1974). "Cold temperature resistance chromosomal polymorphism, and interpopulation heterosis in Drosophila pseudoobscura. " Genetics 76:807-822.
29. Jefferson, M.C., W. R. Johnson, D. G. Baldwin, and W. B. Heed. (1974). "Ecology and comparative cytology of Drosophila on San Pedro Nolasco Island." Dros. Infor. Ser. 51:65.
30. A. Fratiello, G. A. Vidulich and R.E. Schuster. "A Direct 13C NMR Study of Boron Trifluoride Complexes with Several Ethers." J. Inorg. Nucl. Chem., 36 93 (1974).
31. A. Fratiello and R. L. Kay. "Transference Numbers for KC1 in Ethanol-Water and Dioxane-Water Mixtures at 25oC." J. Soln, Chem., 3, 857 (1974).
32. P. Dea, M.P. Schweizer and G.P. Kreishman. "NMR Studies of the Solution Properties of the Antiviral Nucleoside, 1-ß-D-Ribofuranosyl-1-1,2-4-triazole-3-carbonamide, the Corresponding 5"-Phosphate and Related Triazole Nucleosides." Biochemistry, 13, 3266 (1974).
33. P. Dea, G.R. Revankar, R.L. Tolman, R.K. Robins, and M.P. Schweizer. "Use of Carbon-13 and Proton Magnetic Resonance Studies for the Determination of Glycosylation Site in Nucleosides of Fused Nitrogen Heterocycles." J. Org. Chem., 29 3266 (1974).
34. G.P. Kreishman, J.P. Miller, P. Dea, Z. Hussain, and M.P. Schweizer. "300 MHz PMR Studies on the Conformation of the Hexanucleotide, 2OmeGpApApYpYpAp4, from the Anticondon Loop of the Torula Yeast phe-tRNA." Biochem, Biophy. Res. Comm. 58, 27 (1974).
35. C. Ioppolo, G. Amiconi, D.L. Currell, G. Maffei, Z. Zolla, and E. Antonini. "Biochemical Changes of Storage of Blood: Decrease in Rate of Methemoglobin Reduction and Increase in Oxygen Affinity on Storage on ACD Blood," Vox Sanguinis, 2765, 403 (1974).
36. D. L. Currell and C. Ioppolo. "Kinetics of the Reaction of the Sulfhydryl Groups of Human Globin and Hemoglobin with p-Mercuribenzoate in Alkaline Solution," Experinentia, 30, 1371 (1974).
37. G. Amiconi, D. L. Currell, L. Zolla, C. Ioppola, G. Maffei and E. Antonini. "Observations of Physiological Activities of Fresh and Preserved Erythrocytes," Haematologia, 8, 111 (1974).
38. Andreoli, Saranto, Baecker, Suehiro, Escamilla and Steiner. "Biochemical properties of forespores isolated from Bacillus cereus.." p. 418. In P. Gerhardt, T. Gostilow, H. Sandoff (eds) Spores VI. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C. (1975).
39. Tam, C.F., Kopple, J.D., Wang, M. and Swendseid, M.: "Alterations of monoamine oxidase activity in uremia." Kidney International 7:S328-332, (1975).
40. Wang, M. Tam, C.F., Swendseid, M., and Kopple, J.D.: "Monamine and diamine oxidase activities in uremic rats." Life Sciences 17:653-658, (1975).
41. Swendseid, M.E., Wang, M.M., Wyheister, I., Siassi, F., Tam, C.F., and Kopple, J.D.: "Amino Acid metabolism in the chronically uremic rat." Clinical Neophrology 3:240-247, (1975).
42. Pearson, D., Shainberg. A., Osinchalk, J. and Sachs, H. (1975). "The hypo-thalamo-neurophyophysial complex in organ culture: morphological and biochemical characteristics." Endocrinol., 96: 982-993.
43. Pearson, D. Shainberg, A., Malamed, S. and Sachs, H. (1975). "The phyothalamo-neurohypophysial complex in organ culture: Effects of metabolic inhibitors, biologic, and pharmacologic agents." Endocrinol., 94:994-1003.
44. Pearson, D., Goodman, R. and Sachs, H. (1975). "The fetal guinea pig hypo-thalamo-neurohypophysial complex: Presence of a stimulatory factor for vaso-pressin and neurophysin biosynthesis." Science, 187:1081.
45. T. Onak, "Carbaboranes, 1973)" Organometallic Chemistry, Vol 2, Specialist Periodical Report, The Chemical Society, London (1975), pgs. 63-72.
46. R. C. Dobbie, E. Wan and T. Onak, "Hydrolysis and Methanolysis of the Small Closo-Carboranes 1,5-C2B3H5, 1,6-C2B4H6, and 2, 4-C2B5H7 ; The Preparation of the 1,3,5-Triborapentane Derivatives (RO)2BCH2B(OR)CH2B(OR)2, (R = Me or H)". J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 2603-2606 (1975).
47. J. R. Spielman, R. G. Warren, D.A. Bergquist, J. K. Allen, D. Marynick, and T. Onak, "The Synthesis and Properties of 2-Chloro-1,6-Dicarbahexaborane(6)." Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorg. and Metal-Organic Chem., 5, 347-356 (1975).
48. T. Onak, "Carbaboranes, 1974," Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 4, Specialist Periodical Reports, The Chemical Society, London (1975), pgs. 57-57.
49. J. Leach, G. Oates, S. Tang and T. Onak. "Formation of Silylcarbaboranes from 1,2-bis(trimethylsilyl)pentaborane(9)," J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1018-1072 (1975).
50. T. Onak. "Organoborane Chemistry," 360 pp. Academic Press, New York, (1975).
51. T. Onak, "Carboranes," Chap. 10, "Boron Hydride Chemistry," Academic Press, New York, by E. Muetterties, (1975), pgs. 349-382.
52. A. Fratielo and Carole Sue Stover. "A Direct Low Temperature 1H, 13C, and 19F NMR Study of Boron Trifluoride Complexes with Stigmasterol, Androstanolone, Testosterone Nortestosterone, Androstenedione, and Progesterone "J. Org. Chem., 30, 1244 (1975).
53. A. Fratiello, R. Kubo, and S. Chow. "A Direct Carbon-13 NMR Study of Boron Trihalide Complexes with Ethers." J. Chem. Soc., 1415 (1975).
54. P.D. Cook, R. J. Rousseau, A.M. Mian, R.B. Meyer, Jr., P. Dea, G. Ivanovics, D.G. Streeter, J.T. Witkowski, M.G. Stout, L.N. Simon, R.W. Sidwell, and R.K. Robins. "A New Class of Potent Guanine Antimetabolties. Synthesis of 3-deazaguanine, 3-Deazaguanosine and 3-Deazaguanylic Acid by a Novel Ring Closure of Imidazole Precursors." J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 97, 2916 (1975).
55. D.G. Bartholomew, with T. Novinson, T. Okabe, R.K. Robins, and P. Dea. "Imidazo [1,2,c]pyrimidine Nucleosides. Synthesis of n-bridgehead Inosine Monophosphate and Guanosine Monophosphate Analogs Related to 3-Deazapurines." J. Heterocyclic Chem. 12, 1187 (1975).
56. T. Novinson, T. Okabe, R.K. Robins and P. Dea. "A Solution of Structural Ambiguity: s-Triazolo[1,5-a]- and s-Triazolo [4,3-a]pyrimidines." J. Herterocyclic Chem. 12 1187 (1975).
57. J. Todhunter and D.L. Currell, "On the Reduction of Organomercurials with Sodium Dithionite," J. Org. Chem., 40, 1352 (1975).
58. H. Goldwhite, P. Gysegem, S. Schow and M. Swyke, "Phosphorimidates and related compounds." J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 12 (1975).
59. S. P. Anderson, H. Goldwhite, D. Ko, A. Letsou, and F. Esparaza, "The nature of the carbon-phosphorus bond in methylidynephosphine." J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Comm 744 (1975).
60. L. N. Ferguson, (1975), "Cancer: How can Chemists Help," J. Chemical Education, 52, 688-694.
61. L. N. Ferguson, (1975), "Cancer and Chemicals," Chemical Society Reviews, (London), 4, 289-322.
62. L. N. Ferguson, (1975), Organic Molecular Structure, Willard Grant Press Boston, 72
63. Urata, D.M. and Seto, J.T. "Glycoproteins of Sendai Virus: purification and antigenic analysis." Intervirology 6, 108-114. (1976).
64. Phinney, J. "Match between play material and age as a factor in spontaneous play and classification learning." Modgil S., and Modgil, C., eds., Piagetian Research: Compilation and Commentary, Vol. 3, Windsor, England: NFER Publishing Company, Ltd., (1976).
65. Foreman, D. and Peitz, B. (1976) "Changes in urinary phosphates activity during the menstrual cycle." Int. J. Fert., 21:207-217.
66. Hudock, G.A. and H. Rosen (1976) "Formal Genetics of Chlamydomonas reinhardi " inThe Genetics of Algae, R.A. Lewin, ed., p. 29-48 - Blackwell Scientific Publications.
67. T. Onak, "Carbaboranes, 1975," Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 5, Specialist Periodical Reports, The Chemical Society, London, (1976), pgs., 67-79.
68. J. F. Ditter, E. B. Klusmann, R. E. WIlliams, and T. Onak, "B-Methyl Derivatives of the Closo Carborane 2,4-C2B5H7," Inorg. Chem., 15, 1063-1065 (1976).
69. L. Lew, G. Haran, R. Dobbie, M. Black and T. Onak, "Reaction of Me3N and R2NH with the Small Closo-carboranes C2BxHx+2 (x = 3,4,5)", J. Organometallic Chem., 111, 123-130 (1976).
70. T. Onak, J. B. Leach, S. Anderson, M. J. Frisch and D. Marynick, "NMR Coupling, Hybrid Orbital Character, and Bond Distance in Boron Hydrides," J. Magnetic Resonance, 23, 237-248 (1976).
71. R. C. Dobbie, E. W. DiStefano, M. Black, J.B. Leach and T. Onak, "Reactions of Closo-1,5-C2B3H5 with Cl2 and with BMe3", J .Organometallic Chem.,114, 233-238 (1976).
72. Jefferson, M.C. and W. B. Heed. (1976). "Preliminary studies on apparent forces counteracting inbreeding in Drosophila pachea." Jour. Ariz. Acad. Science 11:62.
73. A. Fratiello., R. Kubo and S. Chow. "Direct Carbon-13 NMR Study of Boron Trifluoride Complexes with Alkyl and Cyclic Ketones," J. Chem. Soc., 1205 (1976).
74. P.D. Cook, R. J. Rousseau, A.M. Mian, P. Dea, R. B. Meyer, Jr., and R.K. Robins. "Synthesis of 3-Deazaguanine, 3-deazaguanosine and 3-deazaguanylic Acid by a Novel Ring Closure of Imidazole Precursors." J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 98, 1492 (1976).
75. T. Novinson, P. Dea and T. Okabe, "Ring Opening of 5,7-Dimethyl-v-triazolo[1,5-a]pyrimidine by Halogenating Agents". J. Org. Chem., 41, 385 (1976).
76. P.T. Berkowitz, R.K. Robins, P. Dea, and R.A. Long. "6-Oxa Analogs of Pyrimidines and Pyrimidine Nucleosides. Synthesis of 5-Amino-6H1,2,4-Oxadiaxin-3(1H)-one, 2-ß-D-Ribofuranosyl-6H-1,2,4-oxadiazin-2,5(2H,4H)-dione, and Related Derivatives." J. Org. Chem., 41, 3128 (1976).
77. M. J. S. Gynane, A. Hudson, M. F. Lappert, P.P. Power, and H. Goldwhite, Synthesis and electron spin resonance study of stable dialkyls and diamides of phosphorus and arsenic, R"2M. and R2N)2M. J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Comm., (1976), 623.
78. Hartman, M.J., Bowers, R.R., Bair, T.D., and Russell, M.P. "Laboratory Manual for Biology of Animals." / Hunt Publishing Co., Dubuque, Iowa (1976).
79. Bowers, R.R., and Tanouye, G.T. "Acid Phosphatase activity during pigment transfer in three genotypes of the fowl." Pigment Cell, Vol. 3, pp. 138-51 (1976).
80. Albert F. T., and C. L. Brown, "The Interaction of Eow Energy Electrons with Conjugated Cyclic Perchlorocarbons," J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 98, 5565 (1976).
81. C. L. Chan, and C. L. Brown, "Gas Phase Carboxylate Anion from N-Acetyl-p-Nitrobenzyl Amino Acid Esters," J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 98, 2682 (1976).
82. J. B. Leach, G. Oates, J. B. Handley, A. P. Fung, and T. Onak, "Organosilyl and Silylorganopentaboranes. Monocarbahexaboranes from 2-(chlorodimethylsilylmethyl)-pentaborane(9)," Journal of the Chemical Society, Dalton Transactions, 819-823 (1977).
83. C. B. Ungermann, and T. Onak, "Organosilyl and Silylorgano Derivatives of 2,3-C2B3H8; conversion of B-(Me2Si(Cl)CH2)C2B4H7 to B-(Me2Si(Cl)CH2) Derivatives of 1,5-C2B3H5 and 1,6-C2B4H6 ". Inorg Chem. 16, 1428-1433 (1977).
84. T. Onak, W. Inman, H. Rosendo, E. W. DiStefano, and J. Nurse. "Aromatic Solvent Induced Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Shift (ASIS) Behavior and Charge Distribution in Cage Boron Compounds." J. Amer. Chem., Soc., 99, 6488-6492 (1977).
85. A. P. Fung and T. Onak. "Rearrangement of 5-Methyl-closo-2,4-dicarbaheptaborane." J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 99, 5512-5512 (1977).
86. Jefferson, M.C., and D. Winget. (1977). "Alcohol and temperature studies in Drosophila pachea and its relatives." Jour. Ariz. Acad. Science 12:41.
87. P.T. Berkowitz, R.K. Robins, R.A. Long, P. Dea, and T. R. Matthews. "Synthesis and Antimicrobial Activity of Certain 6H-1,2-4-Oxadiazin-1(2H)-ones." J. Med. Chem, 20, 134, (1977).
88. L. N. Ferguson and D. R. Paulson. (1977), Highlights of Alicyclic Chemistry, Vol. 2. Franklin Publishing Co., Palisades, N.J.
89. H. Goldwhite, and A. S. Hirschon, "Transition metal complexes of primary and secondary phosphines Part I. Reactions between palladium (II) halides and some primary and secondary phosphines." Transition Met. Chem 2, 144 (1977).
90. S. P. Anand, H. Goldwhite, and J. R. Spielman, "Transition metal complexes of primary and secondary phosphines, Part II. Some palladium (II) and platinum (II) complexes of type L3MCC2." Transition Met. Chem. 2 158 (1977).
91. Paulson, D.R., Murray, A. S., Bennett, D., Mills, E., Terry, V. O. and Lopez, S. "Photochemistry if Epoxides. III. The Direct Irradiation of Propylene Oxide in the Gas Phase," J. Org. Chem., 42, 1252. (1977).
92. Andreoli, Saranto, Caliri, Escamilla, and Pina. "Comparative study of proteins from forespore and mother-cell compartments of Bacillus cereus." p. 260. In C. Chambliss, P. Vary (eds) Spores VII. American Society for Microbiology, Washington, D.C. (1978).
93. Baecker, Yung, Rodriguez, Austin, and Andreoli "Periplasmic localization of nicotinate phosphoribosyltransferase in Escherichia coli." J. Bacteriol. 133, 1108 (1978)
94. Dyke, S.F., Williams, W. and Seto. J.T. "Glycoproteins of representative paramyxoviruses: Isolation and antigenic analysis using a zwitterinic sufactant." J. Med. Virol. 2, 143-152. (1978).
95. Seto, J.T. Becht, H. and Rott, R. "Effect of specific antibodies on biological functions of the envelope components of Newcastle disease virus." Virology, 61, 354-360. (1978).
96. Tam, C.F., and Walford, R.L.: "Cyclic nucleotide levels in resting and mitogen-stimulated spleen cell suspensions from young and old mice." Mech. Ageing and Dev. 7:309-320, (1978).
97. Kopple, J.D., Tam, C.F., Wang, M., and Swendseid, M.: "Diamine oxidase in renal failure." Kidney International V.13:S20-S26, (1978).
98. Pearson, D. (1978). "Neurosecretion in cultured systems." In Cell Tissue, and Organ Cultures in Neurobiology, S. Federoff, ed., Academic Press: New York, pp. 574-587.
99. Pearson, D. (1978). "Neurohypophysial hormones in organ cultures." In: Current Studies of Hypothalamic Functions, K. Lederis and W. L. Veale, eds. Karger, Basel, pp. 77-87.
100. Peitz, B. (1978) "Changes in water metabolism during the estrogus cycle in three species of rodents." Physiol. Zool., 51:256-266.
101. T. Onak. "The Carbaboranes, including their Metal Complexes, 1976," Organometallic Chemistry, Vol. 6, Specialist Periodical Reports, The Chemical Society, London (1978), pgs., 65-77.
102. G.K. Barker, M. Green, T. Onak, F. G.A. Stone, C. B. Ungermann and A.J. Welch, "Reaction of Bis(triethylposphine)oplatium and Pentakis(t-butyl isocyanide)-ruthenium with Dicarba-nido-hexaboranes(8): Molecular Structures of (nido-µ4,5-(trans-(Et3P)2Pt(H)-µ5,6-H2,3-C2B4H6, (closo-1,1-(Et3P)2-2,3-Me2-1,2,3-PtC2B4H4 ),and RuH(ButNC)5)+(nido-2,3-Me2-2,3-C2B4H5)-." J. Chem Soc. Chem Commun., 169-171 (1978).
103. T. Onak, "Species containing Three Boron Atoms; Adducts of B3H7". p.190, 199-205; "Tetraborane Species; Substitution Products of Tetraborane(10):Addition Compounds of Tetraboranes; Other Adducts of B4 Species," p. 206, 213-223. Gmelin Handbuch der Anorganischen Chemie, Erganzungswerk, Volume 52, borverbindungen 18, Bor-Wasserstoff-Berbindungen, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, (1978).
104. Lopez, G.A., F. D. Romano, V. A. Aletich and L.M. Lissuzzo. "In Vitro Evidence for c-AMP Mediation of the Effect of Isoproterenol and Dopamine on Renin Release." The Physiologist, 21(4):73, (1978).
105. Keyzer. H. and A.B. Brown, "Sample Preparation for Strontium Analysis of Ancient Skeletal Remains, " Contr. to Geology, 16, (2), 85 (1978).
106. Hodges, P., and Deich, R. "Teaching an artificial language system to nonverbal retardates." Behavior Modification, (1978),2, p. 489-509.
107. A. Fratiello and G. A. Vidulich. "A Room Temperature PMR Hydration Number Study", J. Chem. Ed., 55, 672 (1978).
108. R. B. Miller and C. G. Gutierrez, "Synthesis of 9,9-Dimethyl-2-methoxy-5-benzosuberone, An Unexpected Failure of Benzylic Oxidation," J. Org. Chem., 43, 1569 (1978).
109. P.D. Cook, P. Dea, and R. K. Robins, "Synthesis of Imidazo [4,5-d]pyridazine Nucleosides Related to Inosine." J. Hetercyclic Chem., 15, 1 (1978).
110. Dea, P., and Robins, P.K. "Determination of the Site of Glycosylation in Various Nucleosides by Carbon-13 NMR Spectroscopy". In Chemistry and Biology of Nucleosides and Nucleoties, R. Harmon, ed., Academic Press, Inc., (1978).
111. P. Dea, M. Alta, S. Patt, and M.P. Schweizer. "360 MHz PMR Studies on the Involvement of the Y-Nucleoside in the Conformation of 2'OmeCpApApYpAp4 from Torula Yeast tRNA Phe." Nucleic Acid Research, 5, 307 (1978).
112. R. Ruiz and P. Dea. "Quantitative Analysis of Human and Rabbit Tear Cholesterol by Gas-liquid Chromatography." J. Chromat., 146, 321 (1978).
113. S.H.Kim, D.G. Bartholonew, L.B. Allen, R.K. Robins, G. R. Revankar, and P. Dea. "Imidazol(1,2-a)-s-triazine Nucleosides. Synthesis and Antiviral Activity of the N-Bridgehead Guanine, Guanoise, and Guanosine Monophosphate Analogues of Imidazo (1,2-a)-striazine." J. Med. Chem., 21 883 (1978).
114. S. Chan and H. Goldwhite, "Reactions between sulfur dioxide and phosphines. Phosphorus and Sulfur," 4, 33 (1978).
115. H. Goldwhite and R. G. Teller, "Structures of two spiroarsoranes and their dynamic implications." J. Amer. Chem. Soc. 100, 5357 (1978).
116. H. Goldwhite and P.P. Power, "Bulky Alkyls and Amides of Main Group 5 Elements II. Rotational Barriers in Phosphorus Compounds Containing Bulky Groups." Organic Mag. Res. 11, 499 (1978).
117. D. L. Currell, J. Olea and D. Young, "The Effect of Ligand on the Kinetics of the Reaction of the Sulphydryl Groups of Human Hemoglobin with p-Mercuribenzoate," Experientia, 34, 439 (1978).
118. D. L. Currell, C. Ioppolo, B. Giardina, C. Benitex, S. Condo, F. Martini, and E. Antonio. "The Effect of 2-Methoxy-5-nitrotropone on the Oxygen Affinity of Human Erythrocytes and Hemoglobin," Eur. J. Biochem., 91, 285 (1978).
119. C. L. Brown, and T. Onak, "Gas Phase Carboxylate Anion from p-Nitrobenzyl Esters of Fatty Acids," Biomed. Mass Spectrom, 5, 380 (1978).
120. C. L. Chan and C. L. Brown "The Application of Negative Ion Mass Spectrometry to the Analysis of Bioorganic Compounds: Gas Plase Carboxylate Anions of Amino Acid Derivatigves," Adv. Mass Spectrom., 7A, 371 (1978).
121. Bowers, R.R. and Hirayama, B.A. "Ultrastructural differences of the dermal, choridal and retinal pigment cells of the normal and albinistic channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus.", Journal of Submicroscopic Cytology 10 (1): 27-37 (1978).
122. Kuraitis, K. and Bowers, R.R. "An ultrastructural study of periderm granules in the regenerating feather of the Jungle Fowl." Cell and Tissue Research 192: 319-26 (1978).
123. Bowers, R.R. and Carver, V.H. "Ultrastructural study of the cutaneous pigment cells of wild and albinistic bullfrogs, rana catesbeiana." Journal of Ultrastructure Research 64: 388-97 (1978).
124. R. W. Bragg, Y. Chow, L. Dennis, L. N. Ferguson, S. Howell, Gorga C. Ogino, H. Pugh, and M. Winters, (1978). "Sweet Organic Chemistry", J. Chemical Education, 55, 281-285; reprinted in the Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 41, 53-63.
125. Bowers, R.R. and Brambaugh, J.A. "An ultrastructural study of the regenerating breast feather of the fowl." Journal of Morphology 158 (3): 275-90 (1978).
126. L.N. Ferguson, (1978), "Organic Chemicals: Angels or Goblins?," J. Chemical Education, 55, 553-555.
127. Paulson, D.R., Gilliam, L.S., Terry, V.O., Farr, S.M., Parker, E.J., Tang, F.Y.N., Ullman, R., and Riber, G.R., "The Hydrogenation of 2,5-Diacetoxx-2,5-Dimethyl-3Hexyne over Palladium," J. Org. Chem., 43, 1783. (1978).
128. Paulson, D.R., Murray, A. S., and Fornoret, E.J., "Photochemistry of Epoxides. 4. The Photoreduction of a Monoepoxide of Endo-Dicyclopentadiene," J. Org. Chem. ,1 43, 2010. (1978).
129. Tam, C.F., Kopple, J.D., Wang, M. and Swendseid, M.E.: "Diamine oxidase activity in plasma and urine in uremia." Nephron 23:23-27, (1979).
130. Tam, C.F., Smith, G.S., and Walford, F.L.: "Resting and concanavalin-A stimulated levels of cyclic nucleotides in splenic cells of aging mice with spontaneous cancers." Life Sciences 24: 311-322, (1979).
131. Pearson, D., Davis, M. Nishioka, R., Gunther, R. Geschwind, I.I. and Bern, H.A. "Isolation of Urotesin II from the sucker Gillichtys mirabilis." Sixteenth Gunma Symposium, H. Kobayaski and H. A. Bern, eds., pp. 111-118, (1979).
132. Phinney, J. "Social Interaction in young children: Initiation of peer contact." Psychological Reports, 45, 489-490, (1979).
133. Phinney, and Nummedal, S. "Effects of left-right orientation and position reversal on spatial perspective taking in young children." Perceptual and Motor Skills, 48, 223-227 (1979).
134. Hawley, R., and Phinney J. "Contributions of Piagetian theory to childrens creative dance." In Piagetian theory and the helping professions. Proceedings of the Eighth Annual Interdisciplinary Conference on Piaget. Los Angeles: University of Southern California, (1979).
135. D. Dolphin, A. W. Addison, M. Cairns, R.K. DiNello, N. Farrell, B. R. James, D. R. Paulson, C. Welborn, "Heme Proteins and Metallo-porphyrins: Redox Chemistry and Oxygen Binding," Intern. J. Quantium Chem. 16, 311 (1979).
136. D. R. Paulson, A. W. Addison, D. Dolphin, and B. James, "Preparation of Ruthenium (II) and Ruthenium (III) Myoglobin and the Reaction of Dioxygen, and Carbon Monoxide with Ruthenium (II) Myoglobin," J. Biological Chem. 254, 7002 (1979).
137. Peitz, B., Foreman D. and Schmidtt, M. (1979) "The reproductive tract of the male spiny mouse (Acomys cahirinus) and coagulation studies with other species." J. Reprod. Pert., 57:183-188.
138. T. Onak, "Polyborane B5 to B24 Derivatives and Adducts," Sections to Vol. 54, Gmelin Handbuch der Anorganischen Chemie, Borverbindungen, part 20, Por-Wasserstoff-Verbindugen, part 3, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, (1979).
139. A. P. Fung, E. W. DiStefano, K. Fuller, G. Siwapinyoyos, T. Onak, and R. E. Williams. "Boron Cage Expansion Studies: The Conversion of Nido-2,3-Dicarbahexaborane(8) to B-Methyl Derivatives of Closo-1,7-Dicarbaoctaborane(8) and closo-2,4-Dicarbaheptaborane(7); The Formation of B-Dimethyl-closo-2,4-Dicarbaheptaborane(7) from closo-1,6-Dicarbahexaborane(6)," Inorg. Chem., 18, 372-376 (1979).
140. T. Onak, A. P. Fung, G. Siwapinyoyos, and J. B. Leach, "Rearrangement of Mono- and Poly-B-Methyl Derivatives of 2,4-Closo-Dicarbaheptaborane, 2,4-C2B5H7," Inorg. Chem., 18, 2878-2882 (1979).
141. T. Onak, H. Rosendo, G. Siwapinyoyos, R. Kubo and L. Liauw. "The Reaction of 1-8-Bis(-dimethylamino)-naphthalene, a Highly Basic and Weakly Nucleophilic Amine, with several Polyboranes and with Boron." Trifluoride; Inorg. Chem., 18, 2943-2945 (1979).
142. G. K. Barker, M. Green, F.G.A. Stone, A.J. Welch, T. Onak and G. Siwapinyoyos, "Metallaborane Chemistry. Insertion of Zerovalent Platinum Species into Boron-Hydrogen-Boron Bonds of 2,3-Dicarba-nodo-hexaborane(8), 2,3-Dimethyl-2,3-dicarba-nido-hexaborane(8), and Monocarba-nido-hexaborane(9); Molecular and Crystal Structure of Nido-µ4,5-(trans-(Et3P)2Pt(H))-µ5,6-H-2,3-C2B4H6." J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1687-1692 (1979).
143. Keyzer, H., D. R. Beltran and E. P. Hervey, "The Commercial Microwave Oven in the Science Teaching Laboratory," J. College Sci. Teaching, 9, (2), 91 (1979).
144. T. Onak, H. Rosendo, G. Siwapinyoyos, R. Kubo and L. Liauw. "The Reaction of 2,8-Bis-(dimethylamino)-naphthalene, a Highly Basic and Weakly Nucleophilic Amine, with Several Polyboranes and with Boron Trifluoride." Inorg. Chem., 18, 2943-2945 (1979).
145. G. K. Barker, M. Green, F.G.A.Stone, A. J. Welch, T.Onak and G. Siwapinyoyos. "Metallaborane Chemistry. Insertion of Zerocovalent Platinum Species in Boron-Hydrogen-Boron Bonds of 2,3-Dicarba-nido-hexaborane(8), 2,3-Dimethyl-2,3-dicarba-nido-hexaborane(8), and Monocarba-nido-hexaborane(9); Molecular and Crystal Structure of Nido-µ4,5-(trans-(Et3P)2Pt(H))-µ5,6-H-2,3-C2B4H6;" J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans., 1687-1692 (1979).
146. Hodges, P., and Deich, R. "Language Intervention with Manipuable Symbols." In Schiefelbusch, R.L., & Hollis, J. (eds.) Nonvocal Language Intervention from Ape to Child, Baltimore: Danner Press, (1979).
147. Hodges, P., Juarez, A., and Gardner, M. "Estimates of heritability in different populations "(Report to the Spencer Foundation, (1979). [Available through ERIC].
148. E. Antonini, D. L. Currell, C. Ioppolo, B. Giardina, E. Benitez, S. Condo, and A. Bertollini, "The Effect of Sulphydryl and Amino Group Reagents on the Functional Properties of Human Erythrocytes. Possible Applications in Sickle Cell Anemia Therapy," in Development of therapeutic Agents for Sickle Cell Disease INSERM Symposium No. 9, Eds, J. Rosa, Y. Beuzard and J. Hercules. Elsevier/North Holland Biomedical Press, p. 155-168 (1979).
149. C. Ioppolo, D. L. Currell, L. Civalleri, and E. Antonini, "Relationship between the pentose phosphate shunt and methemoglobin reductase activity in human erythrocytes; Effect of Aging on methemoglobin reductase activity." Experienta, 35, 112-113 (1979)
150. Bowers, R.R. "Ultrastructural variation of the premelanosomes in the pigmented epithelium of an albinistic channel catfish, Ictalurus punctatus. "Pigment Cell, Vol. 5, pp. 28-37 (1979).
151. L. N. Ferguson, R.W. Bragg, Y. Chow, S. Howell, M. Winters, (1979), "Biomolecular Studies of a Class of Sweet Compounds" in Flavor of Foods and Breverages, eds., G. Charalambous and G. E. Inglett, Academic Press, N.Y., 91-96.
152. Bowers, R.R. "Ultrastructural study of cellular renewal of intestinal epithelium in the Urodele, Amphiuma tridactylum." Journal of Ultrastructural Research 68: 364-365. (1979).
153. Tam. C.F., and Walford, R.L.: "Alterations in cyclic nucleotides and cyclase-specific activities in T-lymphocytes of aging in normal humans and patients with Downs syndrome." J. Immunol.: 125:1665-1670, (1980).
154. Tas, S., Tam, C.F., and Walford, R.L.: "Disulfide bonds and the structure of chromatin in relation to aging." Mech. Ageing and Dev. 12: 65-80, (1980).
155. Seto, J.T. Wahn. K. and Becht, H. "Electron Microscope study of cultured cells of the chorioallantoc membrane infected with representative paramyxoviruses." Arch. Virol. 65, 247-255. (1980).
156. Pearson, D. Shively, J. E. Clark, B. R. Geschwind, I.I. Barkley, M. Nishioka, R.S. and Bern, H.A. (1980). "Urotensin II: A somatostatin-like peptide in the caudal neurosecretory system of fishes." Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A., 77:5021-5024.
158. Phinney, J., and Feshbach, N. "Non-directive and intrusive teaching styles of middle- and working-class English mothers." British Journal of Educational Psychology, 50, 2-9, (1980).
159. Rotheram, M. and Armstrong, M. "Assertion Training with High School Students," Adolescence, V. 15, No. 58, p. 267-278, (1980).
160. Rotheram, M. and Corby, N. "Social Power to the Elderly," in Rathjen, D. and Poreyt, J., eds., Social Skills Throughout the Lifespan. Pergamon Press, (1980).
161. Flowers, J., Rotheram, M., and Kenny, B. "The Components of Chesion in Group Therapy," Behavior Group Therapy 1980: An Annual Review, Upper D. and Ross, S., Eds., Research Press, p. 291-297, (1980).
162. Rosen, H., M.M .Rehn, and B.A. Johnson (1980) "The Effect caffeine on repair in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: I. Enhancement of Recombination Repair. "Mutation Research" 70:301-310.
163. Portney, M.D. and H. Rosen. (1980) "The effect of Caffeine on repair in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii: II. Interaction of Repair Systems. Mutation Research 70::311-321.
164. S. H. Pine, R. Zahler, D.A. Evans, and R.H. Grubb, Titanium-Mediated Mehtylene Transfer Reactions: The Direct Convestion of Esters to Vinyl Ethers." J. Amer.Chem. Soc. 102, 3270 (1980).
165. Brian, R. J., Addison, A.W., Cairns, M., Dolphin, D., Farrell, N.P., Paulson, D.R. and Walker, S. "Progress in Dioxygen Complexes of Metalloporphyrins," Fundamental Research in Homogeneous Catalysis vol. 2, Ed. M. Tsutsui, Plenum Press, New York, (1980).\
166. T. Onak, "The System Boron-Hydrogen" Gmelin Hanbuch der Anorganische Chemie, Boron Compounds, 1st Supplement, Volume 1, Springer-Verlag, Berlin (1980) pgs. 2-112.
167. C. Takimoto, G. Siwapinyoyos, K. Fuller, A.P. Fung, L. Liaw, W. Jarvis, G. Millhauser and T. Onak. "A Study on the Preparation and Rearrangement of the Halogenated Closo-carboranes Cln C2B4H6-n (n = 1,2) and ClnC2B5H7-n (n = 1,2)" J.Chem., 19, 107-110 (1980).
168. G. Siwapinyoyos, and T. Onak. "Synthesis of a Nitrogen Derivative of Closo-2,4-C2B5H7," J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 102, 420-421 (1980).
169. C. Takimoto, G. Siwapinyoyos, K. Fuller, A.P. Fung, L. Liauw, W. Jarvis, G. Millhauser and T. Onak. "A. Study on the Preparation and Rearrangement of the Halogenated Closo-carboranes ClnC2B4H6-n (n = 1,2) and ClnC2B5H7-n (n = 2,3);" Inorg. Chem., 19, 107-110 (1980).
170. Hartman, M. J., Bowers, R.R., Bair, T.D. and Russell, M.P. Laboratory Manuel for Biological Amminals, Second Edition. Paladin Publish. Co. (1980).
171. G. Swapinyoyos and T. Onak. "Synthesis of a Nitrogen Derivative of Closo-2,4-C2B5H7;" J. Am. Chem. Soc., 102, 420-421 (1980).
172. Keyzer, H. and C.M. Lowe, W. Plumtree and F. Gutmann. "On Chlorpromazine-Adduct Induced Hypothermia and Sedation," In E. Usdin, H Eckert and I. S. Forrest (Eds.), Phenothiazines and Structurally Related Drugs, Elsevier, North Holland, N.Y. (1980).
173. Keyzer, H., D. Beltran, and S. Chan. "Anion Charge Transfer in Biological Active Compounds," In Bioelectrochemistry, H. Keyzer F. Gutmann (Eds.), Plenum, N.Y. (1980).
174. Keyzer, H., and F. Gutmann (Eds.), "Bioelectrochemistry," Proceedings of the First U.S.-Australia Conference on Bioelectrochem, Plenum, N.Y. (1980).
175. Jefferson, M.C. and M. Aguirre. (1980). "Methanol tolerance and the effects of methanol on longevity and oviposition behavior in Drosophila pachea." Physiological Entomology 5:265-269.
176. Grover, S. and G. G. Laties (1980) "Disulfiram inhibition of the alternative respiratory pathway in plant mitochondria." Plant Physiol. 68, 393-400.
177. C. Gutierrez, R.A. Stringham, T. Nitasaka and K. G. Glasscock, "Tri-n-butyltin Hydride: A Selective Reducing Agent for 1,3-Dithiolanes," J. Org. Chem, 45, 3393 (1980).
178. M. J. S. Gynane, A. Hudson, M. F. Lappert, P.P. Power and H. Goldwhite, "Persistent phosphinyl and arsinyl radicals and their chloro precursors." J. Chem. Soc. Dalton Trans. 2428 (1980).
179. Bowers, R.R., Houston, H., Clinton, R., Lewis, M., and Ballard, R. "A histological study of the carrageenan-induced granuloma in the rat lung." Journal of Pathology 132: 243-253 (1980).
180. L. N. Ferguson, (1980) "Bioactivity in Organic Chemistry," J. Chemical Education, 57, 46-48.
181. Muchlinski, A.E. The effects of daylenght and temperature on the hibernating rhythm of the meadow jumping mouse (Zapus hudsonius). Physiological Zoology, 53:410-418. (1980).
182. Walford, R.L., Weindruch, R.H., Gottesman, S..R.S., and Tam. C.F.: "The immunopathology of aging In: Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics" (eds.C. Eisdorfer, B. Starr, and V.J. Christofalo). V.2, pp. 3-49, Springer Publ. Co., (1981).
183. Walford, R.L., Barnett, E. V., Chia, D., Fahey, J.L., Gath, R.A., Gossett, T.C., Grossman, H., Hibrawi, H. Medici, M.A. Motola, M., Naiem, F., Sparkes, R.S., Spina, C., Tam, C.F., Van Lancker, J.L. "Immunological and biochemical study of Downs syndrome as a model for accelerated aging." In. Immunological Aspects of Aging (eds. D. Segre and L. Smith) pp. 479-532, Dekker Publi. Col, (1981).
184. Walford, R.L. and Tam, C.F.: "Lymphocyte biochemistry in relation to immune functionsin in aging. Cyclic nucleotides and purine salvage pathways." In: R.T. Schimke (Ed.) Biological Mechanism in Aging Conference, Chapter 6, Section IX, pp. 517-524, NIH Pub. #81-2194, National Institute on Aging, (1981).
185. Seto, J. T., Garten. W, and Rott, R. "The site of cleavage in infected cells and polypeptides of representative paramyxoviruses grown in cultured cells of the choriallantoic membrane." Arch. Virol. 67, 19-30. (1981).
186. Kohama, M., Cardenas, J.M., and Seto, J.T. "Immunoelectron microscopic study of the detection of the glycoproteins of influenza and Sendai viruses in infected cells by the immunoperoxidase method." J. Virol. Methods 3, 293-301. (1981).
187. Perrott, D. R., and Muscicant, A. "Dynamic minimum audible angle: Binaural spatial acuity with moving sound sources." Journal of Auditory Research, 21, 287-295, (1981)
188. Muchlinski, A. E. "Activity period of Zapus hudsonius: A laboratory study." Jack Pine Warbler, 59: 13-15 (1981).
189. Perryman, P. and A. E. Muchlinski. "Population dynamics of feral burros at the Naval Weapons Center, China Lake, California." Journal of Mammaogy, 68:435-438.
190. Gadia, E. S. , and M. C. Jefferson. (1981). "Role of visual and auditory cues in mating behavior of two desert species of Drosophila." Experientia 37:134-135.
191. J. F. Gerlitz, H. Goldwhite, I. Gargurevich, R. T. Keys, G. Milehauser, and L. E. Vertal. "Bulky Alkyls and Anides of Main Group 5 Elements. Part III. Effects of Bulky Substiuents on the Dissociation of Main-Group 5 Compounds as Measured by EPR", Bull. Mag. Res. 2, 210 (1981).
192. Grover, S., Canellas, P., and R. T. Wedding, "Purification on NAD malic enzyme from potato and investigation of some physical and kinetic properties." Arch. Biochem. Biophy. 209: 396-407, (1981).
193. Shieh, S.J., Bowers, R.R. and Hadfield, T.L. "Ultrastructural study of albinistic B-16 melanoma cells." Experimental and Molecular Pathology. 35:57-64 (1981).
194. Bowers, R.R. and Chun, D.W. "Tyrosinase and acid phosphates pathways in the regenerating feather of the fowl." Pigment Cell. 6:285-293 (1981).
195. T. Onak. "Polyhedral Organoboranes," in "Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry," (Edited by G. Wilkinson, F. G. A. Stone, E. W. Abel) Pergamon Press, Oxford, Vol. 1, pp 411-457, (1982).
196. G. Siwapinyoyos, and T. Onak "Reaction of (CH3)3L (L - N,P) with Chlorinated Compounds of Closo-2,4-C2B5H7: Net Displacement Reactions at Boron Atoms of Closo-carboranes," Inorg. Chem., Vol 21, pp. 156-163, (1982).
197. A. Fratiello, V. K. Anderson, G.A. Vidulich, J. Patlan, L. Williams, and T. Yee, "A Carbon-13NMR Relaxation Time Study of Streptozotocin-Deoxyguanosine-5-Monophosphate-Deolycytidine-5Monophosphate Interactions". Biophys. Res. Comm., 105, 1182 (1982).
198. B. Oh and T. Onak "Rate Study on the Rearrangement of B-CH3-closo-2,4-C2B5H6 Isomers and Mechanistic Implications," Inorg. Chem., Vol. 21, pp. 3150-3154, (1982).
199. Perrott, D. R. "Dynamic factors in sound localization." In Localization of Sound: Theory and Application, edited by W. Gatehouse, The Emphora Press, Groton, Connecticut, (1982).
200. Perrott, D. R. and Buell, T. N. "Judgments of sound volume: Effects of signal duration, level, and interaural characteristics on the perceived extensity of broadband noise." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 72, 1413-1417, (1982).
201. Muchlinski, A. E. and P. Dea. "In vitro measurements of potassium loss from gastrocnemius muscles of short and long bout hibernators." Comp. Biochem. Physiol., 72A: 243-245 (1982).
202. Muchlinski, A. E. and A. L. Carlisle. "Urine concentration by an undisturbed naturally arousing hibernator (Spermophilus lateralis): water balance implications." J. Mammalogy, 63:510-512 (1982).
203. Gatti, R., Bick, M. Tam. C.F., Medici, A., Oxelius, V., Holland, M. Goldstein, A.L. and E. Boder: "Ataxia-Telangiectasia: A multiparameter Analysis of eight families." Clinical Immuno. & Immunopathology, 23 pp. 501-516, (1982).
204. Grover, S. and R. T. Wedding, "Kinetic Ramifications of the association-dissociation behavior of NAD malic enzyme. A possible regulatory mechanism." Plant. Physiol. 70: 1169-1172 (1982).
205. Jefferson, M.C. "Development of PROPHET-assisted chromosome karyotying." Scientific Applications of the PROPHET System 10: 1-6, (1982).
206. Y. Lu, D. M. Frisch, and Dea, P. "Quantitative Analysis of Hair Cholesterol by Gas-liquid Chromatography," Comp. Biochem. Physiol., 71B 531 (1982).
207. Cetinkaya, B.; Hudson, A.; Lappert, M.F., Goldwhite, H. "Generation and esr spectra of some new phosphorus-centered radicals." J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun., (1982), 609-610.
208. Cetinkaya, B.; Hitchcock, P.B.; Lappert, M.F.; Thorne, A.J.; Goldwhite, H. "Synthesis and characterization of 2, 4, 6,-tri-t-butylphenylphosphines," J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun., (1982), 691-693.
209. Phinney, J., and Rotheram, M . Sex differences in social overtures between same-sex and cross-sex preschool pairs. Child Study Journal, 1982, 12, 259-269. (1982).
210. W. R. Tikkanen, T. L. Layman, R. Kane, S. Moya, C. Kruger, W. C. Kaska, " The Chemistry of Dinucleating LIgands. Synthesis and Structure of Bromotricarbonyl-2,7-bis(2-pyridyl)-1,8-naphythyridinerheinium(1)." Inorganica Chemica Acta 76, L29 (1983).
211. Sharp, Sandra B., and John G. Pierce. "Binding and degradation of doubly radioiodinated luteinizing hormone by mouse Leydig cells." Endocrinology 114:1784-1790. (1983).
212. Walford R.L. Naeim. F., Hall, K.Y. Tam. C.F., Gatti. R.A., and Medici, M.A.: "Accelerated aging in Downs syndrome: the concept of hierarchical homeostasis in relation to local and global failure." In: Immunoregulation (eds., N., Fabris, E. Garaci, J. Hadden, and N.A. Mitchison) pp. 399-417, Plenum Publ. Corp., (1983).
213. Verity, M.A., Tam, C.F., Cheung, M.K., Mock, D.C., and R.L. Walford: "Delayed phytohemagglutinin-stimulated production of adenosine Triphosphate by aged human lymphocytes: possible relation to mitochondrial dysfunction." Mechanism of Aging and Development, 23, 53-65, (1983).
214. Kaiser, B., and Phinney, J. "Sex typing of play activities by girls clothing style: pants versus shirts". Child Study Journal, 12, 115-132, (1983).
215. W. Jarvis, Z. J. Abdou, and T. Onak. "Correlation of Closo-carborane 11B-H Spin Coupling Constants with Structural Features Including Cage "Umbrella", Angle," Polyhedron, Vol. 2, pp. 1067-1070, (1983).
216. K. Fuller, and T. Onak. "An Unusual Halogen Exchange in the Closo-Carborane System," J. Organometallic Chem., Vol. 249, pp. C6-C8, (1983).
217. D. R. Paulson, and D. S. Hwang, "A Ruthenium Octaethylprophyrin Anolog of the Cytochrome P-450 Active Site", Inorganica Chemica Acta, 80, L-59-60 (1983).
218. Peitz, B. (1983) "A recessive coat color mutation in the spiny mouse (Acomys cahirinus)". J. of Heredity, 74:59-60.
219. Muchlinski, A. E., F. J. Ho, P. Chew, and T. Yamada. "The concentrations of four neuropeptides in various brain area of summer active and hibernating Spermophilus lateralis." Comp. Biochem. Physiol., 74C: 185-189 (1983).
220. Shellock, F. G., S. A. Rubin, A.G. Ellrodt, A. Muchlinski, H. Brown, and H. J. C. Swan. "Unusual core temperature decrease in exercising heart failure patients." J. Appl. Physiol., 52(2): 544-550 (1983).
221. Muchlinski, A. E. and D. J. Johnson. "Avian pancreatic polypeptide-like immunoreacrivity in ground squirrel hypothalamus." Brain Research Bulletin, 11:405-410 (1983).
222. Goldwhite, H.J.; Rowsell, D. G., Vertal, L.E.; Bowers, M.T., Cooper, M.A., Manatt, S.L. "Nuclear magnetic resonance of phosphorus compounds 9. The nmr spectra of phosphirane." Organic Mag. Res., (1983), 21, 494-500.
223. A Fratiello, G. A. Vidulich, V. K. Anderson, M. Mardirossian, C. S. Stover, and H. Sabounjian, "A Direct Low Temperature Carbon-13 and Fluorine-19 NMR Study of Boron Trifluoride Complexes with Pyridines". J. Chem. Soc. Perkin Trans. II 475 (1983).
224. Bowers, R.R. Stapleton M. and Lew, P. An ultrastructural study of the macrophages of the carrageenan-induced granuloma in the rat lung. Journal of Pathology 140: 29-40 (1983).
225. W. R. Tikkanen, J. L. Petersen, "Insertion of a Formaldehyde Unit into a 1-Zircona-3-Silacyclobutane Ring. Structural Characterization of (n5-C5H5)2Zr)OCH2CH2Si (CH3)2CH2)." Organometallics 3, 1651 (1984).
226. W. R. Tikkanen, J.W. Egan, Jr., J.L. Petersen, "Sterochemical Influence of the Metal Orbital Occupancy on the Structure of the 1-Metalla-3-Silacyclobutane Ring in (n5-C5h5)2M(CH2Si(CH3)2CH2), M = Zr. Nb, and Mo." Organometallics 3, 1646 (1984).
227. W. R. Tikkanen, J.Z. Lui, J. W. Egan, Jr., and J. L. Petersen, "1-Mettalla-3-si-lacyclobutanes. Synthesis and Characterization of (n5-C5h5)2M(CH2Si(CH3)2CH2), M = Ti, Zr, Nb, and Mo." Organometallics 3, 825 (1984).
228. A.T. Baker, A.E. Rae, W. R. Tikkanen, W.C. Kaska, P.C. Ford, "Observation of Both Bridging and Chelating Modes of 2-(2-phridyl)-18-napthyridine (pynp) in the Same Complex: X-Ray Structure of Dichlorotris (pynp)-dirhodium(11) Hexaflurophosphate." Inorganic Chemistry 23, 3254 (1984).
229. W. R. Tikkanen, W. C. Kaska, P.C. Ford, C. Kruger, "Synthesis and Characterization of Copper Complexes with 2-7-bis (2pyridyl)-1,8-naphtyridine (bppnp). Crystal Structures of Cl3(u-OH)bpnpCu2and [(PPh3)2bpnpCu(1)PF6." Inorganic Chemistry 23, 3633 (1984).
230. W. R. Tikkanen, W. C. Kaska, P.C. Ford, C. Kruger, "Preparation and Spectral and Electrochemical Characterization of Dirhodium (11) Complexes with 1, 8 naphthyridine Ligands: 2, 7-bis(2-pyridly)-1,8-naphthyridine, 5-6-dihydrodipyrido(2,3-b; 3, 2-j)-1,10phenanthroline, 2-(2pyridyl)-1,9-naphthyridine and 1,8-naphthyridine." Inorganic Chemistry 23, 141 (1984).
231. Sharp, Sandra B. and Michael W. Hunkapiller. "Luteinizing hormone iodinated at alpha Tyr21, alpha Tyr92 or alpha Tyr93 retains specific binding activity." Endocrinology 115: 2182-2188. (1984).
232. Apellian, Z., Hong, L.-C., and Seto, J.T. "Scanning electron microscopic examination of epithelial cells infected with enveloped virus." J. Virol. Methods 8, 147-154. (1984).
233. Perrott, D. R "Concurrent minimum audible angle: A re-examination of the concept of auditory spatial acuity." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 75, 1201-1206, (1984).
234. Strybel, T. Z. and Perrott D. R. "Auditory distance discrimination: The success and .failure of the intensity discrimination hypothesis." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 76, 318-320, (1984).
235. Perrott, D. R. "Binaural resolution of the size of an acoustic array: Some experiments with stereophonic arrays." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 76, 1704-1712, published (1984).
236. W. Nam, M. Soltis, C. Gordon, S. Lee, and T. Onak "Long -and Short Range NMR Coupling Parameters in Closo-2,4-C2B5H7 and a Number of its Derivatives, "Journal of Magnetic Resonance, Vol. 59, pp. 399-405, (1984).
237. Grover, S. and R. T. Wedding, "Modulation of the activity of NAD malic enzyme from Solanum Tuberosum by changes in oligomeric state." Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 234: 418-425 (1984).
238. Gutierrez, C. G.; Alexis, C .P.; and Uribe, J.M., "New Synthesis of Tetradentate Organosulfur Ligands by Organotin Hydride Reduction of Bis(dithiolanes)," J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Comm. 1984, 124.
239. Gutierrez, C. G. and Summerhays, L. R., "Organotin Mediated Selective Desulfurization: Tri-n-Butyltin Hydride Reduction of Unsymmetric Sulfides," J. Org. Chem. 1984, 49, 5206.
240. Garcia. R. E., Beck, D. L., Wright, D. A. Tomlinson, J. E. Nakayama, R., Holten, D. "Effect of Dietary Cholesterol on Apolipoprotein E Synthesis in the Rabbit." Atherscolerosis 51: 199-210 (1984).
241. Mudd, J. B. Moeller, C.H., Garcia, R. E. "Biosynthesis and Function of Sterol Derivatives in Hight Plants." In Isopentenoids in Plants: Biochemistry and Function (Ness W. D., Fuller, G. Tsai L.-S., eds.) pp. 349-366. Marcel Dekker, Inc. New York., New York, (1984).
242. Bowers, R.R. and Asano, J. "Barred Plymouth Rock melanocytes as a possible model for vitiligo." Yale Journal Biology and Medicine 57 (3):340-341 (1984).
243. C. S. Bajgur, W. Tikkanen, J.L. Petersen, "Synthesis, Structural Characterization and Electrochemistry of -Metallocenophane Complexes, [Si(alkyl)2(n5-C5H2)2MC12, M=Ti, Zr." Inorganic Chemistry 24, 2539 (1985).
244. Phinney, J. "Observing children: Ideas for Teachers." Young Children, July 1982. Reprinted in J. McKee (ed.), Early Childhood Education 85/86. Guildford, CT: Dushkin Publishing Group, (1985).
245. B. Ng, T. Onak, T. Banuelos, F. Gomez and E. W. DiStefano. "Synthetic and Rearrangement Studies on the Carboranes, B-X-closo-2,4-C2B5H6 and B,B-X2closo-2,4-C2B5H5 (X = Br, I);Coirelation of B-Halo- and B,B-Dihalo-dicarbaclosoheptaborane Isomer Stabilities." Inorg. Chem., Vol. 24, pp. 4091-4096, (1985).
246. Olds-Clark, P. and Peitz, B. "Fertility of sperm from T/+mice: Evidence that t-bearing sperm are dysfunctional." Genetical Res. Camb. 47:49-52, (1985).
247. Bradford, Ng, and T. Onak. "The Preparation of B-Fluoro Derivatives of the Pentagonal Bipyramidal Closo-2,4-dicarbaheptaborane Carborane System. "J. Fluorine Chemistry, Vol. 27, pp. 119-122, (1985).
248. Z. J. Abdou, M. Soltis, B. Oh, G. Siwap, T. Banuelos, W. Nam, and T. Onak. "Kinetic Studies on the Rearrangements of B-Monochloro Derivatives of Closo-2,4-C2B5H7 and of 5,6-Cl -closo-2,4-C2B5H5; Characterization of all B,B-Cl closo-2,4-C2B5H5 Isomers," Inorg. Chem., Vol. 24, pp. 2263-2367, (1985).
249. B. Ng, T. Onak,, T. Banuelos, F. Gomez and E. W. DiStefano. "Synthetic and Rearrangement Studies on the Carboranes, B-X-closo-2,4-C2B5H6 and B,B-X2closo-2,4-C2B5H5 (X = Br, I); Correlation of B-Halo- and B,B-Dihalo-dicarbaclosoheptaborane Isomer Stabilities." Inorg. Chem., Vol. 24, pp. 4091-4096, (1985).
250. B. Ng, T. Onak, and K. Fuller. "Net Front-side Displacement Reactions in a Carborane System; Halide Exchange Reactions Among Derivatives of Closo-2,4-dicarbaheptaborane, 2,4-C2B5H7 ." Inorg. Chem., Vol. 24, pp. 4371-4379, (1985).
251. Z. J. Abdou, M. Soltis, B. Oh, G. Siwap, T. Banuelos, W. Nam, and T. Onak. "Kinetic Studies on the Rearrangements of B-Monochloro Derivatives of Closo-2,4-C2B5H7 and of 5,6-c1 -closo-2,4-C2B5H5; Characterization of all B,B-C1 closo-2,4-c2B5H5 Isomers," Inorg. Chem., Vol. 24, pp. 2263-2367, (1985).
252. Muchlinski, A. E. "The energetic cost of the fever response in three species of ectothermic vertebrates." Comp. Biochem. Physiol., 81A: 577-579 (1985).
253. Lopez, G.A., K. Khalighi, A. Ebneshahidi, E. Gonzales, S. Jaramillo, and S. Rivas. "Dietary Sodium Deficiency Potentates the Effect of Prostaglandin E2 on Invitro Renin Release in the Rat." Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Medicine, 19:105-113, (1985).
254. Pearson, D., Davis, M.S., and Wong, W. "Biosynthesis of Urotensins in the caudal neurosecretory complex of fishes." In: "Neurosecretionand biology of neuropeptides: (Kobayashi, H., Bern, H.A., and Urano, A., eds.). Japan Sci. Press, Tokyo. pp. 541-546, (1985) .
255. Bern, H.A., Pearson, D., Larsen, B.A., and Nishioka, R.S. "Neurohormones from fish tails - the caudal neruosecretory system. I. Urophysiology and the caudal neurosecretory system of fishes." Rec. Progr. Hormone Res. Vol. 41, 543-552, (1985).
256. Scherer, K.V.,; Ono, T.; Yamanouchi, K.; Fernandez, R.; Henderson, P.; Goldwhite, H. "F-2,4-Dimethyl-3-ethyl-3-pentyl and F-2,4-dimethyl-3-isopropyl-3-pentyl:stable tert-perfluoroalkyl radicals prepared by addition of fluorine or trifluoromethyl to a perfluoroalkene." J. Am. Chem. Soc., (1985), 107, 718-719.
257. Bowers, R.R., Borch, M.L. and Thomas, D.W. A biochemical study of the carrageemam-induced granuloma in the rat lung. Cpmmective Tissue Research 13:181-206 (1985).
258. E. Watson, K.K. Chan, and P. Dea. "Kinetics of Phosphoramide Mustard Hydrolysis in Aqueous Solutions," J. Pharm Sci., 74, 1283 (1985).
259. P. Dea, M. M. Cheung, Fujitaki, C. S. Fu-Liu, and C. F. Tam. "Comparison of Zinc Status in Healthy Female Oriental and Caucasian College Students," Fed. Proc., 44, 1507 (1985).
260. Bowers, R.R., and Gatlin, J.E. "A simple method for the establishment of tissue culture melanocytes from regenerating fowl feathers." In Vitro 21(1):39-44 (1985).
261. Bowers, R.R., and Chun, D.W. An ultrastructural study of senescence in regenerating feather melanocytes in the fowl. Pigment Cell 7:347-357 (1985).
262. W. Tikkanen, Y. Fujita, J.L. Petersen, "Functionalized Group 4 Metallocene Complexes as Binucleating Ligands: Synthesis and Structural Characterization of Tetracarbonyl-P,Pbis(diphenylphosphinocyclopentadienyl) Dichlorozirconium (IV) molybdemun(O)." Organometallics 5, 888 (1986).
263. Hu, Mickey Chein-Tsung, S. B. Sharp, and N. Davidson. "The complete nucleotide sequence of the mouse skeletal muscle actin gene: strong homology in promoter and untranslated regions of vertebrate skeletal muscle actin genes." Molecular and Celluar Biololgy, 6, 15-25. (1986).
264. Phinney, J. "The structure of 5-year-olds verbal quarrels with peers and siblings." Journal of Genetic Psychology, 147, 47-60, (1986).
265. Phinney, Jean S., Feshbach, Norma S., and Farver, JoAnn. "Preschool childrens response to peer crying." Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 1, 207-219, (1986).
266. Lawtioh, P, Karimi, Z., Mancinelli, L., and Seto, J.T. "Persistant Infections with Sendai virus and Newcastle disease viruses." Arch. Virol. 89, 225-233. (1986).
267. D. L. Hughes, G. J. Leigh, and R. D. Paulson, "The Search for Coordinated Dialkyl Disulfide: The Crystal and Molecular Structure of (u-Ethanedithiolato) bis(tricabonyliron) (Fe-Fe):, Inorganica Chemica Acta, 120, 191-195 (1986).
268. Peitz, B. and Olds-Clark, P. (1986) "Effects of seminal vesicle removal of fertility and uterine sperm motility in the house mouse." Biology of Reproduction. 35:608-617.
269. Ichikawa, T., Pearson. D. Yamada, C., and Kobayashi, J. "The Caudal Neurosecretory System of Fishes and Urotensins I and II." Zoological Science 3, 585-598 (1986).
270. Z. J. Abdou, G. Abdou, T. Onak and S. Lee. "Substituent Effects on Closo -2,4-C2B5H7 Derivative Rearrangement Rates: A Comparison of the Mixed Disubstituted 5-CH3-6-C1-2, 4-C2B5H5 and Disubstitued 5, 6-X2-C2B5H5 (X = CH3, C1); Mechanistic Implications." Inorg. Chem., 25, pp 2678-2683, (1986).
271. Lopez, G.A. A. Ebneshahidi, A. Lontai. N. Lopez, M. Natividad, and J. Tantisira. "Prostaglandin El Stimulates In Vitro Renin Release in the Hibernating Ground Squirrel." Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Medicine, 23:21-30, (1986).
272. Goldwhite, H. "The Manhattan Project." J.Fluorine Chem., 1986, 33, 109-132; and in "Fluorine The First Hundred Years (1886-1986). Banks, R.E.; Sharp, D. W. A.; Tatlow, J.C., Eds. Elsevier Sequoia, Lausanne and New York, (1986), Chapter 5 pp 109-132.
273. Goldwhite, H.: Kaminski, J.; Millhauser, G.; Ortiz, J.; Vargas, M.; Vertal, L.; Lappert, M.F.; and Smith S. J. "Phosphorus-phosphorus single or double bond formation from PCI3-nRn (n = 1 or 2) and a bisimidazolidine reducing agent." J. Organometal. Chem., (1986), 310, 21-25.
274. F. Gutman, H. Keyzer and P. Dea. "Conformational and Electronic Aspects of Chlorpromazine in Solution" in Bioelectrochemistry, eds., Plenum Press, (1986).
275. P. Dea and S. I. Chan. "Organization of Chlorophyll a in Bilayer Membranes. The Chlorophyll a/dimyristoylphosphatidylcholine System," Biochem. Biophy. Acta, 854, 1 (1986).
276. Sharp, S.B., T.A. Kost, S.H. Hughes, C.P. Ordahl, N. Davidson. "Regulation of intact and hybrid alpha and beta actin genes inserted into myogenic cells. In press. In Molecular Approaches to Developmental Biology, UCLA Symposia on Molecular and Cellular Biology," New Series, Volume 51. Editors, Richard A. Firtel and Eric H. Davidson. Alan R. Liss, Inc., New York, NY (1987).
277. Perrott, D. R., Ambarsoom, Hamlet, and Tucker, Juliana. "Changes in head position as a measure of auditory localization performance: Auditory psychomotor coordination under monaural and binaural listening conditions." Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, (1987).
278. Rotheram, M. and Phinney, J., "Definitions and perspectives in the Study of childrens ethnic socialization." In Phinney, J., and Rotheram, M.J. (Eds.). Childrens ethnic socialization, Pluralism and development. (pp. 10-28) Newbury Park: Sage Publications. (1987). .
279. Rotheram, M. and Phinney, J., "Ethnic behavior patterns as an aspect of identity." In Phinney, J., and Rotheram, M.J. (Eds.). Childrens ethnic socialization, Pluralism and development. (pp. 201-218). Newbury Park: Sage Publications. (1987). .
280. Phinney, J., and Rotheram, M. "Childrens ethnic socialization: Themes and implications." In Phinney, J., and Rotheram, M.J. (Eds.). Childrens ethnic socialization, Pluralism and development. (pp. 274-292). Newbury Park: Sage Publications. (1987). .
281. W. Nam and T. Onak. " Reaction of the Small Closo Carboranes, 1, 6-C2B4H6 and 2, 4-C2B5H7, with BX3 (X = halogen, phenyl); a Method of preparing 3- Substituted 2, 4-C2B5H7, toward some "Electrophilic Reagents." Inorg. Chem., 26, 48-52, (1987).
282. P. Dea, L. T. Pearson, M. Caffrey and S. I. Chan. "Effect of Chlorophyll a on the Phase Behavior of Hydrated Monogalactosyliacylglycerols," Biochem. Biophys. Acta, 896, 11, (1987).
283. Dea, P., Watnick, P.I, Nayeem, A., and Chan, S.I. "Cooperative Lengths and Elastic Constants in Lipid Bilayers: The chlorophyll a/dimyristoyllecithin System." J. Chem. Phys., 86, 5789, (1987).
284. Anderson, D.G., Brazal, S.D., Natividad, M.O., and Lopez, G.A. Ultrastructural changes in the Glomerulus of a Hibernator by Scanning and Transmission Electron Microscopy. In: Microbeam Analysis 0 n1987 (R.H. Geiss, ED.), pp. 264-266, San Francisco Press, Inc., San Francisco, CA (1987).
285. Muchlinski, A.E., and Mariano, R.H. Three digestive tract endocrine peptides and the circannual cycle of body weight in Spermophilus lateralis. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 88A:183-186. (1987).
286. C. Smith, Linda M. Tunstad, and C.G. Gutierrez "Reduction of Thionoesters By Triorganotin Hydrides," Phosphorous and Sulfur, (1988), 37, 257.
287. Castro, P.P; Tihomirov, S; Gutierrez, C.G. "A Convenient Synthesis of Substituted Polyether Diols," J. Org. Chem., (1988), 53, 5179 .
288. Bowers, R.R. "The Melanocyte of the Chicken: A review." In: Advances in Pigment in Cell Research, (J. Bagnara, ed.), Alan Liss, Inc. N.Y. pp. 49-63 (1988).
289. T. Onak. "Some Chemistry of the Small Carboranes," in "Anton Burgs First Half-Century Boron Research Symposium," (Edited by R. E. Williams and J. Liebman), Verlag Chemie International, Inc., pp 125-150, (1988).
290. T. Onak. "Carboranes, 1981-1984, "Gmelin Handbook of Inorganic Chemistry, Boron Compounds, 3rd Supplement, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Vol. 4, pp 153-254, (1988).
291. Nguyen, Tien, T., Ngam-ek, Apinya,; Jenkins, Joane, and Grover, Scott, D. "Metal ion interactions with phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase from Crassula argentea and Zea mays." Plant Physiol. 86, 104-107 (1988).
292. Chan, T.C., Schwartz, J.J., Garcia, R.E., Chin, H.P., and Barndt, R. "Total Serum Cholesterol and Plasma Lipoprotein Cholesterol Concentrations in Cord Sera of Newborns from Hispanic Mothers with Gestational Diabetes." Artery 54(4): 203-216 (1988).
293. Khan, I. M., Schwartz, J. J., Woo, D., and Garcia, R.E. "Preparation of Human Cord Sera for Enzymatic Triglyceride Assays: Removal of Free Glycerol by Ultrafiltration." Anal Biochem 174: 496-500 (1988).
294. Dea, P., Keyzer, H., and Maurer, J.S. "Structure-Activity Relationships of Phenothiazines and 1,4-Benzothiazines" in Phenothiazines and 1,4-Benzothiazines, Chemical and Biomedical Aspects, R.R. Gupta, Ed., Elsevier, (1988).
295. Phinney, J., and Traver, S. "Ethnic identity search and commitment in Black and White eighth graders." Journal of Early Adolescence, 8, 265-277. (1988).
296. Tashiro, M., Pritzer, E., Khoshnan, M.A., Yamakawa, M., Kuroda, K., Klenk, H.-D., Rott, R., and Seto, J.R. "Characterization of a pantropic virant of Sendai virus derived from a host range mutant." Virology, 165, 577-588. (1988).
297. Muchlinski, A.E. Population attributes related to the life-history strategy of hibernating Zapus hudsonius. Journal of Mammalogy, 69:860-865. (1988).
298. Muchlinski, A.E., Johnson, D.J., and Anderson, D. Electron microscope analysis of the relationship between hypothalamic oxytocin immunoreactive neurons and hypothalamic blood vessels. Brain Research Bulletin, 20:267-271. (1988).
299. Paulson, D.R., Bhakta, S., Lee, S., Beaird, C., Kim, C., Hyun, R., Yuen, M. and Ybarram, Jr., J. "The Reaction of Ruthenium Octaethyl Porphyrin with Carbon Monoxide, Inorganica Chimica Acta, 151, 149-152. (1988).
300. A. Fratiello, V, Kubo-Anderson, T. Bolinger, C. Cordero, B. DeMerit, T. Flores, and R. D. Perrigan, A Hydrogen-1 Chlorine-35, and Lanthanum-139 NMR Coordination Study of the La(III) Ion in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures, J. Solution Chem., 18, 313 (1989).
301. A Fratiello, V, Kubo-Anderson, T. Bolinger, C. Cordero, B. DeMerit, T. Flores, D. Matejka and R. D. Perrigan, A Hyrdogen-1, Chlorine-35, and Yttrium-89 NMR Complex Formation Study of Y(CIO4)3 and Y(NO3)3 Solution, J. Magn. Reson., 83, 358 (1989)
302. Schreck, R. E., and Bowers, R.R. "The effect of the barrin gene on eye pigmentation in the fowl." Pigment Cell Research, 2:191-201 (1989)
303. Ngam-ek, Apinya, Seery, Thomas, A. P., Amis, Eric J. and Grover, Scott, D. "Malate-induced hysteresis of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase from Crassula agrentea." Plant Physiol. 91, 954-960 (1989).
304. K. Schmidt, S. ONeal, T.C. Chan, C.P. Alexis, J.M. Uribe, K Lossener, and C.G. Gutierrez "Selective Desulfurization of 1,3-Dithianes, -Oxathiolanes and -Thiazolidines by Tributyltin Hydride" Tetrahedron Letters 1989, 7301.
305. T. Onak. "The Formation of the Carbon-Boron from Larger Boranes and Carboranes," in "Inorganic Reactions and Methods," (Edited by J.J. Zuckerman), 10, pp 118-128, (1989).
306. Phinney, J. (1989). "Stages of ethnic identity development in minority group adolescents." Journal of Early Adolescence, 9, 34-49.
307. Tashiro, M., Tobita, K., Rott, R. and Seto, J.T. "Comparison of protective effects of serum antibody on respiratory and systemic infection of Sendai virus in mice." Arch. Virol., 165, 577-583. (1989).
308. Lopez, G.A., Lopez, N., Brazal, S., and M. Natividad. Renin release responses to in vitro prostaglandin challenge in the summer-active ground squirrel, Spermophilus lateralis. J.Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 94A(4):575-581, (1989).
309. Muchlinski, A.E., Stoutenburgh, R. J. and Hogan, J.M. . Fever response in laboratory maintained and free-ranging chuchwallas (Sauromalus obesus) American Journal of Physiology, 257:R150-R155. (1989).
310. Paulson, D.R.,. Inman, W. D., Sanchex, K.A. J., and Chaidez, M. "The Photosensitized Cis/Trans Isomerization of 1-(1-propenyl)cycloakenes," J. Org. Chem., 54, 4872-4881. (1989).
311. Sharp, S. B., Kost, T.A., Hughes, S. H., and Davidson, N. "Regulation of chichen alpha and beta actin genes and their hybrids inserted into myogenic mouse cells." Gene 80: 293-304 (1989).
312. Watnick, P.I., Dea, P., and Chan, S.I. "Characterization of the Transverse Relaxation Rates in Lipid Bilayers." Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (U.S.), 87, 2082, (1990).
313. Anderson, D.G., G.A. Lopez, D. Bewernick, J. Ponder, and J.M. Russom. Renal untrastructural and biochemical changes during activity and hibernation in the golden mantled ground squirrel, S. Lateralis. J. Cell Tissue Res. 262:99 (1990).
314. A. Fratiello, V. Kubo-Anderson, S. Azimi, T. Flores, E. Marinez, D. Matejka, R. D. Perrigan, and M. Vigil, A Hydrogen-1, Nitrogen-15, and Chlorine-35 NMR Coordination Study of LU(CIO4)3 and Lu(NO3)3 in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures, J. Solution Chem., 19, 811 (1990).
315. Watnick, P.I, Chan, S. and Dea, P. "Deuterium Transverse Relaxation Rates in Phospholipids Bilayers." Biophysical J., 57, 469 (1990).
316. Watnick, P.I., Chan, S.I., and Dea, P. "Hydrophobic Mismatch and Gramicidin A/Lecithin Systems." Biochemistry, 29, 6215 (1990).
317. T. Onak. "Oligomerization and Polymerization: Cage Polyboranes and Corboranes," in "Inorganic Reactions and Methods," (Edited by J.J. Zuckerman), Vol. 17, pp 97-104, (1990).
318. T. Onak, G. T. F. Wong, M. McKenzie, and C. Alfonso, "Nido-2,3-4-5-Tetracarbahexaborane(6)," Organometallic Synthesis, Vol. 4, pp 430-432, (1990).
319. Phinney, J., (1990). "Ethnic identity in adolescents and adults: A review of research." Psychological Bulletin, 108, 499-514.
320. Phinney, J., Lochner, B., and Murphy, R. (1990). "Ethnic identity and psychological adjustment." In A. Stiffman & L. Davis (Eds)., Ethnic issues in adolescent mental health. Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
321. Phinney, J., and Alipuria, L. (1990). "Ethnic identity in college students from four ethnic groups." Journal of Adolescence, 13, 171-184.
322. Rotheram, M.J., and Phinney, J. (1990). "Patterns of social expectations among Black and Mexican-American children." Child Development, 61, 542-556.
323. Tashiro, M., Yamakawa, M., Tobita, K., Seto, J.T., Klenk, H.-D., and Rott, R. Altered budding site of a pantropic mutant of Sendai virus, F1-R, in the polarized epithelial cells. J. Virol. 64, 4672-4677. (1990).
324. Tashiro, M., Yamakawa, M., Tobita, K., Klenk, H.-D., Rott, R., and Seto, J.R. "Organ tropism of Sendai virus in mice: proteolytic activation of the fusion glycoprotein in mouse organs and budding site at the bronchial epithelium." J. Virol. 64, 3627-3634. (1990).
325. Middleton, Y., Tashiro, M., Thai, T.H., Oh., J. Seymour, J., Pritzer, E., Klenk, H.-D., Rott, R., and Seto., J.R. "Nucleotide sequence analysis of the genes encoding the HN, M, NP, P., and L proteins of two host range mutants of Sendai virus." Virology 176, 656-657. (1990).
326. Muchlinski, A.E., Hogan, J.M. and Stoutenburgh, R.J. 1990. Body temperature regulation in a desert lizard, Sauromalus obesus, under undisturbed field conditions. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 95A:579-583.
327. Hallman, G.M., Ortega, C.E., Towner, M.C., and Muchlinski, A.E. 1990. Effect of bacterial pyrogen on three lizard species. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 96A:383-386.
328. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, V. Azimi, S., Marinez E. Matejka D., Perrigan, R., and Yao, B., A Direct 15 N NMR Study of Erbium (III)-Nitrate Complexation in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures, J. Solution, Chem., 20, 893 (1991).
329. Taghizadeh, S. Jacoby, F., and Grover, S. "Effect of diethylpyrocarbonate on the allosteric properties of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase from Crassula argentea." Plant Physiology, 95, 1237-1242 (1991).
330. Krilowicz, B. L., Edgar, D. M. and Heller, H.C.. "Reticular formation activity during wakefulness and sleep in a hibernator" (Spermophilus lateralis). Brain Research. 540:266-272 (1991).
331. Ortega C.E., Stranc, D.S., Casal, M.P. Hallman, G.H. and Muchlinski, A.E. "Positive fever response in Agama agama and Sceloporus orcutti (Reptilia): Agamidae and Iguanide." Journal of Comparative Physiology B. 161:377-381 (1991).
332. Hosmane, N.S.; Jia, L.; Zhang, H.; Bausch, J.W.; Prakash, G.K.S.; Williams, R.E.; Onak, T. "Synthesis and X-Ray Crystal Structure of a C2B4 Carbons Apart Carborane Dianion. 2,4-Bis(trimethylsilyl)-2,4-dicarba-nido-hexaborate (2-): A New Synthon in Organometallics," Inorg. Chem., (1991), 30, 3793-3795.
333. Onak, T.; Fuller, K. "Electron Deficiency Aspects of the Small Carboranes," in Electron Deficient Boron and Carbon Clusters (ed. by G. Olah, K. Wade, R.E. Williams) John Wiley & Sons, pgs 183-194 (1991).
334. Tomita, H.; Luu, H., Onak, T. "Cage Opening of Parent Closo Cage Carboranes with Fluoride Ion; Formation of [5-F-nido-2,4-C2B4H6]-," Inorg. Chem., (1991), 30, 812-815.
335. Rosen, H., Newman, S,.M., Boynton, J.E., and Gillham, N.W. "A nuclear mutant of Chlamydomonas that exhibits increased sensitivity to UV irradiation, reduced recombination of nuclear genes, and altered transmission of chloroplast genes." Current Genetics, 19:35-41 (1991).
336. Phinney, J., "Ethnic identity and self-esteem: A review and integration." Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 13, 193-208. (1991).
337. Chavira, V., and Phinney, J., "Adolescents ethnic identity, self-esteem and strategies for dealing with ethnicity and minority status." Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences, 13, 226-227. (1991).
338. Tashiro, M., James., I., Karri, S. Wahn, K., Tobita, K., Klenk, H.-D., Rott., R., and Seto, J.R. "Pneumotropic revertants derived from apantropic mutant, F1-R, of Sendai virus." Virology 184, 227-234. (1991).
339. Russom, J.M., Guba., G.R., Rodriguez, L.L., Garcia, R.E., Tam, C.F., and Lopez, G.A.. Circulating Lipoprotein Cholesterol Concentrations in the Summer-Active Ground Squirrel Spermophilus lateralis: A Comparison with Those in Humans and Rabbits. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 99A:21-25, (1991).
340. Seto, J.T., and Tashiro, M., "Molecular biology of the pathogenesis of Sendai viruses." Behring Inst. Mett. 89, 54-58. (1991).
341. Bowers, R., Harmon, J., Prescott, S., Asano, J., and Wynne, S., "Fowl model for vitiligo: Genetic regulation on the fate of the melanocytes". Pigment Cell Research Supplement 2:242-248 (1992).
342. Fernandez, M. Keyzer, H., Dea, M.K., and Dea, P. "The Interaction of Chlorpromazine with Phospholipid Multilayers". Thiazines and Structurally Related Compounds, Krieger Publishing Co., Malabar, Florida (1992).
343. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, S. Azimi, S. Marinez, E., Matejka, D., Perrigan, R., and Yao, B., "A Direct Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Cerium (III)-Nitrate Complexes in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 21, 651 (1992).
344. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, S. Azimi, S., Laghaei, F. Perrigan, R. D., and Reyes F., "A Direct Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Neodymium(III)-Nitrate Complex Formation in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 21., 1015 (1992).
345. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, S5. Azimi, S., Fowler, C., Marinez, E., Perrigan R.D., and Shayegan S., "Hydrogen-1 and Aluminum-27 NMR Study of AI(CIO4)3 in Aqueous Mixtures of Dimethylformamide and Urea", Magnetic Reson. Chem., 30, 280 (1992).
346. Russom, J. M, Guba, G. R., Sanchez, D., Tam C. F., Lopez, G. A. and Garcia, R. E. "Plasma Lipoprotein Cholesterol Concentrations in the Golden-Mantled Ground Squirrel (Spermophilus lateralis): A Comparison between Pre-Hibernators and Hibernators". Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 102B:573-578 (1992).
347. Bandarian, V., Poehner, W., and Grover, S. "Metabolite activation of Crassulacean acid metabolism and C4 phosphoenolphyryvate carboxylase." Plant Physiology, 100, 1411-1416 (1992).
348. Lui , S. T., Lee. L. Y., Tai, C.-Y., Horng, C.-H., Chang, Y.S., Wolfram, J.H., Rogers, R. and Goldstein, A.H. "Cloning of an Erwinia herbicola Gene Necessary for Gluconic Acid Production and Enhanced Mineral Phosphate Solubilization in E. Coli strain HB101: Nucleotide Sequence and Probable Involvement in Biosynthesis of the Coenzyme Pyrrolo-Quinoline-Quinone," J. Bacteriol. 174(18):5814-5819. (1992).
349. Goldstein. A.H. "The Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Phosphate Starvation Inducible Protein Synthesis in Higher Plants." In, The Molecular Biology and Biochemistry of Indictable Proteins in Higher Plants,. J.L., Wray, ed., Cambridge Univ. Press, Cambridge, pp.25-44. (1992).
350. Krilowicz, B. L., Szymusiak, R., Nguyen, P. and McGinty, D. "Effects of preoptic-anterior hypothalamic warming on waking discharge of neurons in the posterior lateral hypothalamus." Sleep Research. 21:6 (1992).
351. Krilowicz, B. L., Szymusiak, R., and McGinty, D. "Effects of Preoptic anterior hypothalamic warming on waking discharge of posterior lateral hypothalamic neurons." Soc. Neurosci. Abstr. 18:877 (1992).
352. Lopez, G. A., D. Montion-Bewernick, M. Martin, B. Ortiz, J. Russom, and M. Thomas. "Gender Influences the In Vitro Renin Release Responses to Dopamine and Advenevgie Receptor Blockage in the Summer-Active Ground Squirrel Spermophilus lateralis." Journal of Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology, 102C(2):329-333, (1992).
353. Diaz, M., Arias, J.; Herrera, S.; Chan, B.; Tseng, J.; Liauw, L.; Onak, T. "Carborane / Promazine Compounds," in Thiazines and Structurally Related Compounds, (Edited by H. Keyzer and F. Gutmann), Krieger Publishing Co., (1992), 305-310.
354. Onak, T.; Abdou, Z.; Abdou, G.; Herrera, S. "The Correlation of 11B NMR ASIS Effects with MO-derived Charge Densities for Closo-C2B5H7 and Some Chloro Derivatives," Heteroatom Chem., (1992), 3, 219-222.
355. Onak, T.; Tseng, J.; Tran, D.; Correa, M.; Herrera, S.; Arias, J. "Experimental and Ab-Initio Stability Correlations Among Isomeric Methyl Derivatives of Closo- and Nido- Monocarbahexaboranes," Inorg. Chem., (1992), 31, 2161-2166.
356. Onak, T.; Tseng, J.; Tran, D.; Herrera, S.; Chan, B.; Arias, J.; Diaz, M. "Cage Opening of closo-C2B6H8 with Hydride Ion and with Trimethylamine; Preparation of a New Carborane Anion and of a Trimethylamine Adduct of C2B6H8" Inorg. Chem., (1992), 31, 3910-3913.
357. Phinney, J., & Chavira, V., & Williamson, L. (1992). "Attitudes toward acculturation among high school and college students." Youth and Society, 23, 299-312.
358. Phinney, J., & Rosenthal, D. (1992) "Ethnic identity formation in adolescence: Process, context, and outcome." In G. Adams, T. Gulotta, & R. Montemajyor (Eds.) Identity formation during adolescence (pp. 145-172). Newbury Park, CA: Sage.
359. Phinney, J. (1992). "The Multigroup Ethnic Identity Measure: A new scale for use with diverse groups." Journal of Adolescent Research, 7, 156-176.
360. Tashiro, M., Yokogoshi, Y., Tobita, K., Seto., J.T., Rott, R., and Kido, H. "Tryptase Clara, an activating protease for Sendai Virus in rat lungs, is involved in pnenuotropism." J. Virol. 66, 7211-7216. (1992).
361. Tashiro, M., Seto, J.T., Chossakul, S., Hegemann, H., Klenk, H.-D., and Rott, R. "Changes in the specific cleavability of the Sendai virus fusion protein: implications for pathogenicity in mice." J. Gen. Virol. 73, 1575-1579. (1992).
362. Tashiro, M. Yamakawa, M., Tobita, K., Klenk, H.-D., Seto, J.T., and Rott, T. "Significance of basolateral domain of polarized MDCK cells for Sendai virus-induced fusion." Arch. Virol. 125, 129-139. (1992).
363. Tashiro, M., Seto, J.T., Choosakul, S., Yamakawa, M., Klenk, H.-D., and Rott, R. "Budding site of Sendai virus in polarized epithekuak cells is one of the determinants for tropism and pathogenicity in mice." Virology 187, 413-422. (1992).
364. Sharp, S. B., Vazquez, A., Theimer, M., Silva, D.K. Muscati, S.R., Sylber, M., and Mogassa, M. "The levels of vascular smooth as well as skeletal muscle actin mRNAs differ substantially among both myoblast and fibroblast lines with different skeletal myogenic potentials." Cellular and Molecular Biology 38: 485-504 (1992).
365. Zepeda, M. (1992) "Critical perspectives on early childhood education [Review of Critical perspectives on early childhood education]." Thought and Action, 8, 112-115.
366. Phinney, J. and Chavira, V. Ethnic identity and self-esteem: An exploratory longitudinal study. Journal of Adolescence, 15, 271-281. (1992).
367. Krilowicz, B. L., Szymusiak, R. and McGinty D. Effects of preptic-anterior hypothalamic warming on state specific discharge of neurons in the posterior lateral hypothalaus. Sleep Research 22:9 (1993).
368. August, A., Dao, C. J., Jensen, D. Zhang, Q. and Dea P. "A Facile Catalytic Deuteration of Unsaturated Fatty Acids and Phospholipids". Microchemical Journal, 47, 224 (1993).
369. Glund, K. and Goldstein, A. H. "Regulation of the Expression of the Expression of a Phosphate Starvation Inducible RNase in Cultured Tomato Cells." In, Plant Gene Expression, D. P. S. Verma, ed CRC Press, pp. 311-323. (1993).
370. Sanderson, C. M., McQueen, N. L. and Nayak, D.P. "Sendai Virus Assembly: M Protein Binds to Viral Glycoproteins in Transit through the Secretory Pathway", Journal of Virology, 67, No.2: 651-663 (1993).
371. Kilduff, T. S., Krilowicz, B., Milsom, W.K., Trachsel, L. and Wang, L.C. H. "Sleep and mammalian hibernation: Homologous adaptations and homologous processes? Sleep 16:372-386 (1993).
372. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, S., Azimi, S., Chavez, O., Laghaei, F., and Perrigan, R.D., "A Direct Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Praseodymium (III)-Nitrate Complex Formation in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 22, 519 (1993).
373. Onak, T. "Carboranes, 1985-88," Gmelin Handbook of Inorganic Chemistry, Boron Compounds", Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pp 178-321, 4th Suppl. Vol. 4. (1993)
374. Phinney, J., Chavira, V., & Tate, J. (1993) "The effect of ethnic threat on ethnic self-concept and own-group ratings." Journal of Social Psychology., 133, 469-478.
375. Phinney, J. (1993) "A three-stage model of ethnic identity development." In M. Bernal & George Knight (Eds.), Ethnic identity: Formation and transmission among Hispanic and other Minorities. (pp. 61-79). Albany, NY: State University of New York Press.
376. Zepeda, M. "An exploratory study of demographic characteristics, retention and developmentally appropriate practice in Kindergarten." Child Study Journal. Vol. 23, 57-78. (1993).
377. Phinney, J. Multiple group identities: Differentiation, conflict, and integration. In J. Kroger (Ed.) , Discussion on ego identity, (pp. 47-73). Hillsdale, NJ: Erlbaum. (1993).
378. Onak, T.; Tseng, J.; Diaz, M.; Tran, D.; Arias, J.; Herrera, S., Brown, D. "Application of the Ab-Initio/IGLO/NMR Method to the Structure Confirmation of the [µ5,6-BHNR2-nido-2,4-C2B4H6]- Ion Intermediate Observed During the Interaction of Closo-2,4-C2B5H7 with LiNR2" Inorg. Chem., Volume 32, pgs. 487-489, 1993.
379. Onak, T.; Diaz, M.; Tseng, J.; Herrera, S.; Correa, M. "Isomer Stability Correlations, Experimentally and Ab Initio Derived, Among Derivatives of Pentaborane(9); Utilization of Ab Initio Optimized Geometries for IGLO and GIAO NMR Chemical Shift Calculations, and Comparison to Experimental NMR Results," Main Group Metal Chemistry, Volume 16, pgs. 271-290, 1993.
380. Onak, T.; Tran, D.; Tseng, J.; Diaz, M.; Arias, J.; Herrera, S. "The Formation of a New Carborane, the [Arachno-2,6-C2B6H11]- Ion, from the Reaction of Closo-1,6-C2B7H9 with Fluoride Ion; IGLO and GIAO Structure/NMR Analyses," J. Amer. Chem. Soc., Volume 115, pgs. 9210-9215, 1993.
381. Ramos, A.B., Don, M.T., and Muchlinski, A.E. The effect of bacteria infection on mean selected body temperature in the common agama, Agama agama: a dose-response study. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology 105A:479-484 (1993).
382. Zepeda, M., Am exploratory study of demographics characteristics, retention, and developmentally appropriate kindergarten. Child Study Journal, Vol. 23, No.1, 57-77, (1993).
383. August, A., Dao, C. J., Jensen, D., Zhang, Q., and Dea, P. A Facile Deuteration of Unsaturated Fatty Acids and Phospholipids, Microchemical Journal 47, 224-229, (1993).
384. Magana, O., Giung, C., Ricciardi-Saba, R., Rivera E., and Krilowicz, B. L. Level of transection influences background muscle tone and expression of pontaneous locomotion decerebrate rats. The FASEB Journal 8:A899 (1994).
385. Magana O., Giung, C., Ricciardi-Saba, R., Rivera E., and Krilowicz, B. L. Level of transection influences background muscle tone and spontaneous locomotion the clecerebrate rats. Sleep Research 23:20 (1994).
386. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, V., Bolanos, E., Haigh, D., Laghaei, F., and Perrigan, R. D., A Hydrogen-1, Nitrogen-15, and Yttrium-89 NMR Study of Yttrium(III)-Isothiocyanate Complexes, Aqueous Solvent Mixtures, J. Magnetic Reson., Series A, 107, 56 (1994).
387. McGinty, D., Szymusiak, R., Krilowicz, B., and Morairty, S., Thermoregulatory control of NREM sleep, In: Fatal Familial Insomnia: Inherited Prion Diseases Sleep and the Thalamus, C, Guilleminault, E. Lugaresi, P. Montagna, and P. Gambetti (Eds.), Raven Press: NY, pp.101-108 (1994).
388. Bowers, R. R., Lujan, J., Biboso, A., Kridel, S. and Varkey, C. Premature avian melanocyte death due to low antioxidant levels of protection: Fowl model for vitiligo. Pigment Cell Research 7 (6): 409-418 (1994).
389. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, V., Bolanoes, E., Haigh, D., Lagheai, F., and Perrigan, R.D., A Hydrogen-1, Nitrogen-15, and Yttrium-89 NMR Study of Yttrium(III)-Isothicyante Complexes in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures, J. Magnetic Reson., Series A 107, 56 (1994).
390. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, V., Bolanoes, E., Chavez, O. Laghaei, F., Ortega, J.V., Perrigan, R.D., and Reyes, F., A Direct Carbon-13 and Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Samarium(III) Complexation with Nitrate and Isothiocyanate in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures, J. Solution Chem., 23, 1019 (1994).
391. McGinty, D. Morairty, S., Krilowicz, B. and Szymusiak, R., Thermoregulatory modulation of non-REM sleep, In: Environment and Physiology, B. N. Mallick and R. Singh (Eds.), Narosa Publishing House: New Delhi, India, pp. 164-172 (1994).
392. Krilowicz, B. L., Szymusiak, R., and McGinty, D. Regulation of posterior lateral hypothalamic arousal related neuronal discharge by preoptic anterior hypothalamic warming, Brain Research, 668:30-38 (1994).
393. Don, Michael; Angela, Estancy; Ana Ramos; Regina Leoni; and Alan Muchlinski. Re-examination of the afebrile response in two lizard species. (Varanus exanthematicus and Gerrhosarus major) J. Herpetology 28:385-288 (1994).
394. Onak, T., Tran, D., Tseng, J., Diaz, M., Herrera, S., Arias, J., "Carborane Product Analysis, by Means of IGLO/NMR and GIAO/NMR, of Reactions between Closo-carboranes and Fluroride Ion; the Formation of a New Carborane Ion, [Arachno-2,6-C2B6H11]-, from the Reaction of Closo-1,6-C2B7H9 with THF Solutions of Tetrabutylammonium Fluoride Ion." in "Current Topics in the Chemistry of Boron," (Edited by G. W. Kabalka) Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK, 236-241 (1994).
395. Onak, T., Williams. R.E. "Structural Studies on nido-(µ-Me2B)B5H8, the unusual Bridging Hydrogens in nido-2-MeB6H9, and nido-2,3-Me2B6H8 and the Predicted Structure on nido-2,4-Me2B6H8 via the Ab-initio /IGLO/NMR Method." Inorg. Chem., 22, 5471-5476 (1994).
396. Onak, T., Faust, J. "The System Boron-Noble Gases, 1985-1993" Gmelin Handbook of Inorganic Chemistry, Boron Compounds, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, pgs 1-8 (1994).
397. Godfroid, R.A., Hill, T. G., Onak, T., Shore, S. G. "Evidence for [BH3]2- and [B2H6]2- in the Homogeneous Reduction of BH3 to [B3H8]-", J. Ameri. Chem. Soc., 116, 12107-12108 (1994).
398. Phinney, J., DuPont, S., Espinosa, C., Revill, J., and Sanders, K. Ethnic identity and American identification among ethnic minority adolescents. In A. Bouvy, F. van de Vijver, P. Boski, & P. Schmitz (Eds.), Journal into cross-cultural psychology (pp. 167-183). Amsterdam: Swets & Zeitlinger. (1994).
399. Lopez, G.A., L. Gonzalez, V. Papa, C. Vu, L. Workeneh and I. Yeh. Hormonal regulation of carbohydrate metabolism in the active and torpid ground squirrel, S. lateralis. J. Comp. Biochem. Physiol., (1995).
400. Zepeda, M., Implications of Latino child development for early childhood professionals, In G.S. Morrison, Early childhood today (6th ed.), pp. 542-544), (1995).
401. Phinney, J., & Chavira, V. Parental ethic socialization and adolescent coping with problems realted to ethnicity. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 5 (1). (1995).
402. Phinney, J., Ethnic identity and self-esteem: A review and integration. In A. Padilla (Ed.), Hispanic psychology: Critical issues in theory and research. Thousand Oaks: Sage. (1995).
403. Onak, T., Diaz, M., Barfield, M. "Ab Initio/IGLO/NMR Studies on Per-B-F- and Per-B-CI- Derivatives of C4B2H6 and C2B4H6; Classical vs. Carborane-Cage Structures , Correlation of 11B, 19F and 35CI NMR Data among Related Fluoroboron and Chloroboron Compounds", J. Amer. Chem. Soc., Vol. 117, pgs 1403-1410 (1995).
404. Onak, T.; Tseng, J.; Tran, D.; Arias, J.; Do, A.; Herrera, S.; Chan, B. "Conversion of B10H14 to [nido-B6H9]- via [B9H14]- in the Presence of Fluoride Ion." Main Group Metal Chemistry, 1995, 18, pp 85-92.
405. Onak, T. "Polyhedral Organoboranes/Carbaboranes," in "Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry II," (Edited by E.W. Abel, F.G.A. Stone, G. Wilkinson, C. Housecroft) Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1995, Vol. 1, pp 217-255.
406. Zepeda, M., & Nevarez, F. (1995). Mexican immigrant and Mexican-American women: Human faces in the current social welfare and immigration debate. California Politics and Policy: 1995, California State University, Los Angeles: Pat Brown Institute of Public Affairs.
407. Zepeda, M. (1995). Implications of Latino child development for early childhood professionals. In G. S. Morrison (ed.), Early Childhood Education Today (6th Edition) pp. 542-544. New Jersey: Merrill.
408. Wu-Tso, P., Tam., C. F., and Yeh, I. Comparisons of dietary intake in young and old Asians Americans: A two-generation study. Nutr. Res., 15(10):1445-1462, 1995.
409. Yeh, I. Tam, C.F., Catuira, E., Le, T.T., Papa, V., Pena, L., Vasquez, M., Vu, C., Wang, S., and Lopez, G. A., Changes in various plasma lipid components, glucose, and insulin in Spermophilus lateralis during hibernation. Comp. Biochem. & Physiol., 111B(4):651-663. 1995.
410. Sharp, S. B. S. Kim, M. Lee, L. Sunday, E. Enriquez, M. Villalvazo, A. Ghebremedhin, L. S. Carvajal, P. Momjian, and S. Avari. "Culture of C2C12 and BC3H1 myogenic cells with iron-supplemented calf serum; rapid media screen. In Vitro Cell. Dev. Biol. -- Animal 31, 749-751. (1995).
411. Grover, Scott D. and Jeanie Gillinta (1995) Kinetic interactions of glycine with substrates and effectors of phosphoenolpyruvate carboxylase from maize leaves. Photosynthesis Research, 45, 121-126.
412. A. Fratiello, V. Kubo-Anderson, A. Adanalyan, E. L. Bolanos, J. V. Ortega, R. D. Perrigan, and L. Saenz, "A Direct Hydrogen-1, Carbon-13, and Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Magnesium (II)-Isothiocyanate Complexing". J. Solution Chem., 24, 1249. (1995).
413. Muchlinski, A. E., A. Estany, and M. T. Don. The response of Anolis equestris and Oplurus cyclurus (Reptilia: Iguanidae) to bacterial endotoxin. J. Therm. Biol. 20:315-320. (1995).
414. Fratiello, A., Kubo-Anderson, V., Bolanos, E., Chavez, O. , Ortega, J., Perrigan, R.D., and Reyes, A., and Stoll, S., Multinuclear Magnetic Resonance Study of Aluminum(III)-Isothicyanate Complexes in Water-Acetone Mixtures, Magn. Reson. Chem., 33, 431. (1995).
415. Magana, O., R. Bailon, R. Martin, E. Rivera, R. Silva, and B. L. Krilowicz. Level of transection influences the proportion of time that rats spend in an arcused-like state accompanied by limb movements Sleep Research 24:11. (1995).
416. Rivera., E., Bailon, R., Martin, R., Magana, O., and B. L. Krilowicz. Decerbrate "Hypothalamic" Squirrels exhibit electromyographic activity suggestive of entrance into Hibernation. Sleep Research 24:83. (1995).
417. Zepeda, M., & Nevarez, F., (1995) Mexican immigrant and Mexican-American women: Human faces in the current social and welfare debate, Journal of Politics and Policy in California, CSULA: The Pat Brown Institute.
418. Laura L. Sweetman, Nancy Y, Zhang, Hazel Peterson, Rayadu Gopalakrishna, and Alex Sevanian, "The Effect of Linoleic Acid Hydroperoxide on Endothelial Cells Calcium Homeostasis and Phospholipid Hydrolysis" Archiv. Biochem. Biophys. 323, 1, 97-107 (1995).
419. Phinney, J., and Alipuria, L. (1996) At the interface of cultures: Muitiethnic/multiracial high school and college students. Journal of Social Psychology, 136, (2), 101-119.
420. Phinney, J., & Cobb, N. Reasoning about intergroup relations in Hispanic and White children and adolescents. Journal of Adolescet Research. 11 (3) (1996).
421. Phinney, J., & Onwughalu, M.* (1996). Racial identity and perception of American ideals among African American and African students in the United States. International Journal of Intercultural Relations, 20, 127-140.*
422. Yeh, I. Tsai, S. Catuira , E., Le, T.T., Papa, V., Pena, L., Vasquez, M. Vu, C. Wang, S, Lopez, G. A., and Tam, C. F. Plasma triglyceride levels correlate with body weight, age and gender influences body weight changes in Spermophilus lateralis during pre-hibernation and hibernation. Comp Physiol Biochem. V. 113A#3. pp. 255-265, (1996).
423. Safura Babu-Khan, Tiong Chia Yeo, Warham L. Martin, Manuel R. Duron, Robert D. Rogers and Alan H. Goldsetin. Cloning of a Mineral Phosphate Solubilizing Gene from Pseudomonas cepacia. Applied & Environmental Microbiology, 61(3), In press. (1996).
424. Bailon, R., R. Martin, and B. L. Krilowicz. Increased Muscle Activity Induced by Posteriour Basal Diencephalic Stimulation. The FASEB Journal. 10:A67. (1996).
425. Lee, H.; Jaballas, J.; Onak, T. "Correlation of Experimental Structural and 11B NMR Data to Calculational Results for the [2-CH3CN-B10H9]- Ion," Main Group Metal Chemistry, 1996, 19, pp 1-8.
426. Godjoian, Gayane; Ayala, Alfredo; Martinez, Ruben; Martinez-Bernhardt, Rolando; Wang, Vivian.; Gutierrez, Carlos G. "Substituted Triethylene Glycols from Dibutylstannylene Acetals", Tetrahedron Letters 1996, 433.
427. Diaz, M.; Jaballas, J.; Arias, J.; Lee, H.; Onak, T.; "13C NMR Studies on Carboranes and Derivatives; Experimental/Calculational Correlations." J. Amer. Chem. Soc., 1996, 118, 4405-4410.
428. Marinez, E.; Salmassian, E.; Lau T.; Gutierrez, C.G. "Enterobactin and Enantioenterobactin", J. Org. Chem. 1996, 61, 3548.
429. Joseph C. Casanova ; Linda M. Tunstad "A Practical Test of Organic Laboratory Skills" The Chemical Educator, vol1, no. 1. 1996.
430. Phiney, J. Understanding ethnic diversity: The role of ethnic identity. American Behavioral Scientist. 40, 143-152 (1996).
431. Phinney, J., & Devich-Navarro, M. Various in bicultural identification among Africian American and Mexican American adolescents. Journal of Research on Adolscence. 7, 3-32 (1996).
432. Phinney, J. When we talk about ethnic groups, what do we mean? American Psychologist. 51, 918-927 (1996).
433. Anthony Fratiello, Vicki Kubo-Anderson, Eduardo Lopez Bolanos, Ofelia Chavez*, Jeffrey V. Ortega, Richard D. Perrigan, Lila Saenz*, and Stephanie M. Stoll, "A Direct Carbon-13 and Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Europium(III)-Nitrate and Europium(III)-Isothiocyanate Complexes in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 25, 345 (1996).
434. Anthony Fratiello, Vicki Kubo-Anderson, Eduardo Lopez Bolanos, Jeffrey V. Ortega, Richard D. Perrigan, Lila Saenz*, and Stephanie M. Stoll, "A Direct Hydrogen-1, Carbon-13, and Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Lutetium(III)-Isothiocyanate Complexes in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 25, 1071 (1996).
435. Gomez, F. A.; Mirkovich, J. N.; Dominguez, V. M.*; Liu, K. W.; Macias, D. M. "Multiple-Plug Binding Assays Using Affinity Capillary Electrophoresis," J. Chromatogr. 1996, 727, 291-299.
436. Kwak, E. -S.; Gomez, F. A. "Determination of the Binding of b-Cyclodextrin Derivatives to Adamantane Carboxylic Acids Using Capillary Electrophoresis," Chromatographia 1996, 43, 659-662.*
437. Tashiro, M., McQueen, N. L., Seto, J. T., Klenk, H.-D., and Rott, R. 1996. Involvement of the Mutated M Protein in Altered Budding Polarity of a Pantropic Mutant, F1-R, of Sendai Virus. J. Virol. 90(9):5990-5997*.
438. Burns, G., A. Ramos *, and A. Muchlinski. 1996. Fever response in North American snakes. J. Herpetol. 30:133-139. *
439. Lee, H.; Jaballas, J.*; Onak, T.* "Correlation of Experimental Structural and 11B NMR Data to Calculational Results for the [2-CH3CN-B10H9]- Ion," Main Group Metal Chemistry, 1996, 19, 1-8.*
440. Diaz, M.*; Jaballas, J.*; Tran, D.; Lee, H.; Arias, J.; Onak, T.; "The Interaction of Trimethylamine and Closo-1,6-C2B7H9; Evidence for an 'Open' Cage C2B7H9/Amine Adduct." Inorg. Chem., 1996, 35, 4536-4540.*
441. Phinney, J., & Cobb, N. (1996) Reasoning about intergroup relations among Hispanic and Euro-American adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Research, 11, 304-322.*
442. Bahamonde, M.*, D. D'Agostin, S. Han, M. Huang, M. Lee, T. Lehman, L. Sunday* and S.B. Sharp. "Nuclei in BC3H1 myotubes do not reinitiate synthesis of DNA in response to a mitogenic stimulus." FASEB Journal 10:A1524 (1996).*
443. Phinney, J., & Alipuria, L. (1996). At the interface of cultures: Multiethnic/multiracial high school and college students. Journal of Social Psychology, 136, 139-158.*
444. Anthony Fratiello, Vicki Kubo-Anderson, Eduardo Lopez Bolanos, Jeffrey V. Ortega, Richard D. Perrigan, Lila Saenz*, Stephanie M. Stoll, and Kenneth Wong "A Direct Hydrogen-1, Carbon-13, and Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Lutetium(III)-Isothiocyanate Complexes in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 26, 163 (1997).
445. Phinney, J., & Devich-Navarro, M.* (1997). Variations in bicultural identification among African American and Mexican American adolescents. Journal of Research on Adolescence, 7, 3-32.*
446. Ramirez, R.J.A.*; Ortiz, S.; Gutierrez, C.G. A Much Improved Synthesis of the Siderophore Enterobactin, Tetrahedron Letters, 1997, 749.*
447. Phinney, J., & Landin, J. Research paradigms for studying ethnic minority families within and across groups. In V. McLoyd & L. Steinberg (Eds.), Conceptual and methodological issues in the study of minority adolescents and their families.* (1997).
448. Phinney, J., Teaching about ethnic diversity in adolescence through ethnic identity interviews. In J. McKinney, L. Schiamberg, & L. Shelton (Eds.), Teaching about the adolescent. New York: Garland Press. (1997).
449. Phinney, J., & Kohatsu E. Ethnic and racial identity and mental health. I J. Schulenberg, J. Maggs, & K. Hurrelmann (Eds.), Health risks and developmental transitions during adolescence. New York: Cambridge University Press. (1997).
450. Alexis, Clive P.;Uribe, Juan*; Beller, Jeffrey, D.; Godjoian, Gayane; Gutierrez, Carlos G. "Polydentate SnXm (X=S,O,N) Ligands by Selective Reduction of Organosulfur Heterocycles with Triorganotin Hydride", Phosphorous, Sulfur and Silicon and the Other Elements., 1, (1996)*
451. Anthony Fratiello, Vicki Kubo-Anderson, Eduardo L. Bolanos, Jeffrey V. Ortega, Richard D. Perrigan, Lila Saenz*, Stephanie M. Stoll, and Kenneth Wong "A Direct Hydrogen-1, Carbon-13, and Nitrogen-15 NMR Study of Europium(III)-Isothiocyanate Complexes in Aqueous Solvent Mixtures", J. Solution Chem., 26, 163 (1997).*
452. Zhao, D. S.; Gomez, F. A. "Enzyme-Catalyzed Microreactions using Capillary Electrophoresis: A Quantitative Study," Chromatographia 1997, 44, 514-520.*
453. Phinney, J., Ferguson, D., & Tate, J. (1997). Intergroup attitudes among ethnic minority adolescents: A causal model. Child Development, 68,955-969.*
454. Phinney, J., Cantu, C.,* & Kurtz, D.* (1997). Ethnic and American identity as predictors of self-esteem among African American, Latino, and White adolescents. Journal of Youth and Adolescence, 26, 165-185.*
455. Bowers, R. R., Biboso, A.* and Chavez, O.* The role of alpha-MSH, its agonists and c-AMP in in vitro avian melanocytes. Pigment Cell Research 10: 41-45 (1997).*
456. "The OBrO C(2A2) X(2B1) Absorption Spectrum" C.E. Miller, S.L. Nickolaisen, J.S. Francisco, and S.P. Sander Journal of Chemical Physics 107, 2300 (1997).
457. Bowers, R. R. and Vega, E.S.* The effect of extracellular matrices on adult highly-differentiated avian melanocytes. Pigment Cell Research. (1997).*
458. Gerardo Cortes-Lopez*, Linda M. Gutierrez Tunstad; "Preparation of Mono-Di- and Triscubstituted Resorcinol Macrocycles" SYNLETT, 1998, 139-140*.
459. Lee, H.; Onak, T.; Jaballas, J.*; Tran, U.; "Deuteration of closo-1,2- and 1,7-C2B10H12 using C6D6/AlCl3; Mechanistic Considerations" Heteroatom Chem., 1998, 9, 95-102.*
460. Phinney, J., Madden, T.,* & Santos, L. (1998). Psychological variables as predictors of perceived discrimination among minority and immigrant adolescents. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 28, 937-953.*
461. Onak, T. "Applications of IGLO/GIAO NMR Computations to Carborane Systems: Products of Trimethylamine/Closo-Carborane Reactions; Carborane 13C Chemical Shifts in "The Borane, Carborane, Carbocation Continuum" (ed. J. Casanova) John Wiley & Sons, New York, pgs 247-258, 1998.*
Manuscripts Submitted for Publication
Onak, T.;* Jaballas, J.;* Barfield, M. "Density Functional Theory/FPT Calculations of Nuclear Spin-Spin Coupling Constants for Polyhedral Carboranes and Boron Hydrides," J. Am. Chem. Soc., submitted.*
Lee, B. Y., C. Garcia * and A. E. Muchlinski. Season influences the magnitudeof stress fever in the California ground squirrel. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A. *
Muchlinski, A. E. and B. Baldwin. Endotoxin elicits a fever response in laboratory-maintained but not free-living California ground squirrels. Journal of Mammalogy. *
Muchlinski, A.E., D. Padick, and R. Gramajo *. Spontaneous daily torpor in laboratory maintained California ground squirrels, Spermophilus beecheyi. Journal of Mammalogy. *
Muchlinski, A. E., R. Gramajo * and C. Garcia *. Measured mean selected body temperture is related to the magnitude of the fever response in pre-antibiotic treated Gerrhosaurus major. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology Part A.*
C.M. Roehl, L.K. Blakeley, J.S. Francisco, S.P. Sander and S.L. Nickolaisen "Temperature-Dependent Rate Coefficient of the Reaction: ClO + HO2" Journal of Physical Chemistry
Bowers, R. R. and Vega, E.S.* The effect of extracellular matrices on adult highly-differentiated avian melanocytes. Revised and resubmitted to Pigment Cell Research.*
Bowers, R. R. On the switch from particulate to fibrillar melanosomes: Melanogenesis in fish. Revised and resubmitted to Pigment Cell Research.
Deborah L. Greene, Oscar A. Villalta*, Doreen M. Macias*, Audrey Gonzalez*, Wayne Tikkanen, Brian Schick, Katherine Kantardgief , "Zirconocene Complexes of the Sterically Demanding Pentaphenylcyclopentadienyl Ligand, CpPRO. Synthesis and Characterization of CpPROZrX3(X = Cl), CpCpPROZrX2 (Cp = 5-C5H5; CpPRO = 5-C5(C6H5)5) (X = Cl)" (submitted to Inorganic Chemistry Communications, 1/99)*
Wayne Tikkanen, Harold Goldwhite, Tseghai Berhe and C. C. Coleman "Band Edge Shifts and Stoichiometry of Amine Intercalation in PbI2" (submitted to Chemistry of Materials, 1/99)
Phinney, J., Baumann, K., & Blanton, S.* Ideal life goals and reasons for expected goal attainment among adolescents from five ethnic groups.*
Phinney, J., Egu, L.,* Huang, D., & Wong, L. The relationship of family environment to global self-esteem among adolescents from five ethnic groups.*
Phinney, J., Romero, I.*, Nava, M.,* & Huang, D. The role of language, parents, and peers in ethnic identity among adolescents in immigrant families.*
Phinney, J., & Madden, T.* Intergenerational value discrepancies and life satisfaction in immigrant families.
F. Zhou, R. Lai, Q. Zhou, S. Huq, "Studies of Electrode Reactions by Electrochemical Inductively Coupled Plasma-Atomic Emission Spectrometry," Electroanalysis,1999, Submitted.