Tutorials for Creating Accessible Documents and Media
When people think about their websites and accessibility, they generally think about their HTML pages. However, websites are no longer just HTML pages with text and images, they are now interactive environments with videos, audio, and applications. Even our textual information has become more complicated as developers now have the option of publishing information in multiple formats such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe PDF to name a few. When developing a website that is accessible, it is important to make all elements within your site accessible, not just the HTML. Below are links for making some of the more popular media formats accessible.
- PDF Tutorial
- Creating Accessible Forms in MS Word
- Accessible Pop-up Links
- Accessibility Quick Reference Card - Preparing Microsoft Word documents to create accessible PDF files.
- PowerPoint Tutorial
- Flash Tutorial
- Creating Captions
- Video/Audio Captioning
- Knowbility Best Practices for MS Office
- Adobe Accessibility Resource Center
- Handouts and Moodle Courses on Web Accessibility
Links go to an external page.