Coordinated Dietetics Program (CDP) Admissions Information
The Coordinated Dietetics Program (CDP) is designed for persons seeking both academic course work and supervised practice required to qualify to take the examination to become a Registered Dietitian. The curriculum integrates academic preparation and clinical experience needed by the generalist in dietetics. Upon passing the national examination administered under the direction of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, graduates are recognized as registered dietitians (R.D.). The Coordinated Dietetics Program (CDP) is currently granted accreditation status by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, 120 South Riverside Plaza, Chicago, Illinois 60606,(312) 899-0040, ext 5400.
Students who seek preliminary admission to the CDP must fulfill the following criteria:
- Eligible for admission to Cal State L.A.
- Minimum 3.0 overall grade point average (on a 4.0 scale).
- Minimum 3.0 grade point average in the major, with no grade lower than C in courses required for membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Students may repeat CDP courses and prerequisite science courses in which they earned a grade lower than C only once to meet program admission criteria.
- Students must repeat any nutrition and biochemistry prerequisite courses they completed more than three years before beginning the CDP before they may enter the program.
- Satisfactory health for full participation in the clinical program. Before they may enter the CDP, students must complete a physical examination, including Mantoux skin test or chest x-ray and other laboratory tests (including proof of immunity to rubella), as specified in contractual agreements with clinical facilities.
- Due to the intensity of the CDP, all students must complete the preparatory courses before they may enter the program.
- The CDP will be a graduate program starting Fall 2015. All students accepted into the CDP must have concurrent matriculation to the Master of Science in Nutritional Science degree program. Before receiving a verification statement to take the Registration Exam for Dietitians, students must complete their graduate coursework and the supervised practice component, and the awarding of their MS degree must be posted on their transcript.
- Valid California driver’s license and access to an automobile, or transportation to clinical facilities.
- Professional liability, health, and automobile insurance.
- Live Scan Review (background check)