The Importance of Advisement
The Department of Technology strives to provide you with the support and academic information needed for you to reach your goal of a degree in Industrial Technology from California State University, Los Angeles.
We recommend meeting with your advisor prior to registering for each quarter to ensure that you are on track with your degree in terms of:
- Lower and upper division General Education requirements;
- University requirements such as ENGL 102, Writing Proficiency Exam (WPE), diversity requirement, and the Introduction to Higher Education (IHE);
- Major requirements for the Industrial Technology program.
Steps to Successful Degree Completion
- When enrolled in either TECH 150 or TECH 301 (IHE courses), develop plans for achieving your academic, career and personal goals.
- Learn the requirements for your degree. Read the relevant portions of the Cal State L.A. University catalog.
- Become familiar with the University and College policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Check GET on a regular basis to view your status and track your courses, grades and financial aid.
- Keep updated major sheets from your advisor, and/or GET Unofficial Transcript report to determine progress toward general education, university and major requirements.
- Be aware that your financial aid may depend upon your academic progress.
Industrial Technology Advisors
Please call (323)-343-4550 to schedule an appointment with an advisor.
Dr. Mauricio Castillo - advises Technology Education Track students
Dr. Virgil Seaman - advises Industry Track students
Note: click HERE to return to the Industrial Technology homepage!