Student Outcomes for the BSEE program (2012-2017)
To ensure that our graduates meet the program educational objectives, the following student outcomes shall be achieved by the time of their graduation:
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of mathematics. (ABET a)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of science. (ABET a)
- Knowledge of the engineering principles. (ABET a)
- Understanding the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context(ABET h)
- A more focused knowledge in a field of specialization in electrical engineering in addition to a comprehensive knowledge in major fields within electrical engineering.
- Knowledge of current events and contemporary societal issues (non-engineering related). (ABET j)
- Ability to apply theory to engineering practice by designing and conducting laboratory experiments and class projects. (ABET b)
- Ability to design and implement engineering system or component to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economical, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability. (ABET c)
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve Electrical and Computer Engineering problems (ABET e)
- Capability to analyze and interpret experimental results. (ABET b)
- Capability to use the computer and other modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice (ABET k)
- Ability to work individually and in teams on projects including those of a multidisciplinary nature. (ABET d)
- Skills to find and use available technical information (ABET k)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in written reports (ABET g)
- Ability to conduct abstract logical thinking and critical analysis, as well as to integrate and synthesize knowledge acquired through various engineering courses.
- Recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life long learning. (ABET i)
- Understanding of their ethical and professional responsibilities. (ABET f)
- An understanding of responsibility and accountability.
- A desire to be a flexible and adaptable team player.