The Blended BS/MS program in computer science provides an accelerated route for academically excellent upper-division students in the BS degree program to complete the MS degree program while simultaneously completing the BS requirements. The main objectives of the program are:
- To provide an accelerated route to a graduate degree, with simultaneous awarding of both bachelor's and master's degrees.
- To provide a seamless process whereby a limited number of select students can progress from undergraduate to graduate status.
- Simplified application process
- BS and MS coursework can be taken concurrently
- Sixteen common elective units between BS and MS programs.
- Access to graduate student facilities
- TA appointments (if available)
- The scheduling flexibility provided by the program enables students to complete the BS and MS degrees efficiently.