Call for Proposals
Semester-Based General Education Courses
Due Friday, May 30, 2014
To view the Fall 2016 General Education Policy, click here.
To view the Call for Proposals document, click here.
To view the GE Course Proposals Guidelines, click here.
To view the Q2S Guidelines for Cross-listed Courses, click here.
To view FAQs for Writing Intensive (wi) Courses at CSULA, click here.
To view Checklist for Civic Learning General Education Courses, click here.
To view Models of Civic Learning, click here.
To view FAQs on GE Diversity Courses, click here.
To view GE A3 Points of Emphasis, click here.
To view FAQs for IHE, click here.
To view FAQs for Double Counting, click here.
Rubrics for GE Course Proposals
- A1 - Oral Communication
- A2 - Written Communication
- A3 - Critical Thinking/Composition
- AI - Government
- AI - U.S. History
- B1 - Physical Science
- B2 - Biological Science
- B3 - Interdisciplinary Physical-Biological Science
- B4 - Mathematics/Quantitive Reasoning
- C1 - Arts
- C2 - Humanities
- CL - Civic Learning/Community Engagement Upper Division Requirement
- D - Social Sciences
- Diversity Requirement
- Lifelong Learning and Self-Development
- Introduction to Higher Education Requirement
- UD GE B - Upper Division Requirement: Natural Science and Mathematics
- UD GE C - Upper Division Requirement: Arts and Humanities
- UD GE D - Upper Division Requirement: Social Science
- Writing Intensive Instruction Requirement