- Awards and Funding
- Curriculum Mapping
- Request an Individual Appointment
- Step-by-Step Guide for Conversion
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Transformative Conversion
Office location: Administration 301
Telephone: (323) 343-5054
Course Curriculum Resources
All forms may be found hereDepartment of Undergraduate Studies Curriculum Handbook
Time Modules & Calendars
- Cal State LA Semester Time Modules:
Final revised 3/02/2015
- Cal State LA Semester Calendar 2016-2017:Final
- Class Duration Beginning Fall 2016
- Cal State LA Curriculum Proposal Archive on Share Point
*Use your Campus AD Login Account to access*
- MS SharePoint Tutorials:
hosted by Academic Affairs
- Recommendations and Issues re GE Transition Advising from Q2S Advisement Subcommittee
- Policy on Program Suspension and Discontinuance during conversion?
- SharePoint File Naming Convention
- Quarter to Semester Unit Conversion
- Guidelines for Course Numbering and Abbreviations, Suffixes, and Restricted Course Numbers
- Exceptions to the 4-quarter-unit to 3-semester-unit Conversion Policy
- New GE Proposal Rubric
- FAQ on Diversity, Intersectionality, Race, and Ethnicity.
- Check List for Civic Learning General Education Courses
- Final GE Policy March 16, 2014
Quarter to Semester Course Template
- Q2S Conversion Table Template
- Q2S Conversion Table Sample Using Computer Science
- Preparing Bridge Courses
- Example of a 3 quarter course sequence becoming a 2 semester course sequence
The Quarter to Semester Course Template provides a list of quarter courses together with their corresponding semester equivalents. It depicts how courses taken under the current quarter system at California State University, Los Angeles will be applied to degree requirements under the new semester system and vice versa.
Many of the courses have a simple course-for-course corresponding equivalent. However, there are some exceptions. For example, course sequences can vary where two quarter courses may equal one semester course, or three quarter courses may equal two semester courses, etc. Also, some courses may have no semester system equivalent.
Please fill-out the conversion table template(s) for your academic program(s) and send an electronic copy to the Q2S office. Students will work with their academic advisors to identify how courses taken on the quarter system and courses to be taken on the semester system will be used to satisfy their degree requirements. The tables will be posted on the academic program and Q2S websites.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us