The General Education Subcommittee has the following responsibilities:
- To consider all policy issues pertaining to general education and make recommendations thereon to the Educational Policy Committee.
- To consult with individual faculty members, program, department/division/school, college, and administrative representatives concerning the various aspects of the general education program.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of the guidelines and criteria for courses and themes in the general education program and to make recommendations for improvement.
- To monitor the general education program and recommend approval of the content of the program including the addition, modification or deletion of specific courses and themes, subject to Title 5, Chancellor's Office Executive Orders, and campus guidelines and criteria.
- To review department/division/school and college requests for variances from the general education program and to forward to the Educational Policy Committee those recommended for approval.
- To review and approve or deny student petitions pertaining to general education.